UFC on ESPN 20 PBP/Discussion

Looks like Chiesa is starting to slow down.

Hedged with magny at 5.47 odds for guaranteed profit. Can't trust chiesa's cardio lol

Throw ground strikes Chiesa, ya knob

Chiesa is getting tired now. But he's the kind of guy who will push through it I think. That grappler's mentality.

Magny keeps finding ways to lose scrambles and wrestling exchanges. Very evenly matched fight... though probably 3-0 chiesa.

Mountain Magny about to take advantage

need magny to get a finish in round 4 or 5 for my props. Decision seems unlikely unless some of the judges gave him the 3rd

Magny is always smothering his work going into clinches.

Chiesa should flare out his elbow to prevent Magny from repummeling.

2u on Chiesa at -450 after round 3. Missed the -350, but even -450 is great value considering he is up 3-0, minimally tired, and Magny isn't a big finishing threat.

Do you guys think Chiesa got the tank?
If he was fighting somebody who is as deep as him in the wrestling he would've been finished by now, or losing every round.

It's Akhmedov vs. Weidman all over again. Somewhat. Both were tired, but Weidman's wrestling is deeper and can score and win rounds, even though he is dead tired. Magny is choosing to play in Chiesa's best area. He is a dummy.

Chiesa is super heavy on top even when tired, and still flows pretty well. Magny's cardio is amazing, he still has more in the tank despite carring Chiesa for 20 minutes. But he has to pull some kind of miracle finish to win.

Well i was wrong about Denver elevation magny. Now praying for my +450 hedge on chiesa

magny doesn't strike me as the kind of guy that can finish this fight in crunch time vs durable fighter but i'm praying for a miracle

If he was fighting somebody who is as deep as him in the wrestling he would've been finished by now, or losing every round.

It's Akhmedov vs. Weidman all over again. Somewhat. Both were tired, but Weidman's wrestling is deeper and can score and win rounds, even though he is dead tired. Magny is choosing to play in Chiesa's best area. He is a dummy.

It's not so much that Magny is dumb, it's that he doesn't have the power to hurt Chiesa so he's forced to close distance to try to put huge volume on Mike in order to hurt him. When he closes distance, inevitably they clinch and Chiesa is just bigger, stronger, and the better grappler.

Added to Chiesa ITD.

As I think about this fight more and more, while on 100mg of edibles, I realllly think Chiesa is just going to manhandle him on the ground.

He should be able to mount him and finish him in round 1. I think Chiesa is going to prove to be MUCH better on the ground, moreso than people anticipate.
Good call.

It's not so much that Magny is dumb, it's that he doesn't have the power to hurt Chiesa so he's forced to close distance to try to put huge volume on Mike in order to hurt him. When he closes distance, inevitably they clinch and Chiesa is just bigger, stronger, and the better grappler.
Agree... But Magny doesn't need to hurt Chiesa. He could just control the distance and score from range. Fucking huge reach and cardio to move around for rounds after rounds. But it's not his game. It never was and probably never will.

Edit: To me Chiesa looked slightly smaller than Magny. He's just the better wrestler and moves faster with these positions because he knows them better.

Magny weapon will always be stamina, but he gives up strength and power... which was needed

Back