UFC on ESPN 21 PBP/Discussion

PuertoRican

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
aoLMGTA.jpg

Main Card (ESPN/ESPN+)

Derek Brunson (21-7) vs. Kevin Holland (21-5) (Middleweight)
Song Kenan (16-5) vs. Max Griffin (16-8) (Welterweight)
Cheyanne Buys (5-1) vs. Montserrat Ruiz (9-1) (Women's Strawweight)
Adrian Yanez (12-3) vs. Gustavo Lopez (12-5) (Bantamweight)
Tai Tuivasa (10-3) vs. Harry Hunsucker (7-3) (Heavyweight)

Preliminary Card (ESPN2/ESPN+)

Marion Reneau (9-6-1) vs. Macy Chiasson (6-1) (Women's Bantamweight)
Leonardo Santos (18-3-1) vs. Grant Dawson (16-1) (Lightweight)
Trevin Giles (13-2) vs. Roman Dolidze (8-0) (Middleweight)
Montel Jackson (9-2) vs. Jesse Strader (5-1) (Bantamweight)
JP Buys (9-2) vs. Bruno Gustavo da Silva (10-5-2) (Flyweight)

Other

- Dricus du Plessis was expected to face Trevin Giles in a middleweight bout at this event. However, du Plessis pulled out due to visa issues and was replaced by Roman Dolidze on March 10.
- Kay Hansen vs. Cheyanne Buys was scheduled for this event. However, Hansen pulled out due to undisclosed reasons and was replaced on March 12 by promotional newcomer Montserrat Ruiz.
- Don'Tale Mayes was expected to face Tai Tuivasa at this event. However, Mayes was removed from the fight during the week leading up to the event for undisclosed reasons and was replaced by promotional newcomer Harry Hunsucker on March 17.

Last edited:
Slightly surprised to see Max/Song get bumped to co-main perhaps UFC is trying to push Song as they couldn't possibly be pushing Griffin. I would've given Tai or Dawson fight the nod

What's everyone thinking, are the Buys couple going 2-0 tonight?

Slightly surprised to see Max/Song get bumped to co-main perhaps UFC is trying to push Song as they couldn't possibly be pushing Griffin. I would've given Tai or Dawson fight the nod

Nah you can't give it to Tai, his opponent got bombed out in less than a round on the Contender Series, you can't give a co-main to a guy like that lol.

His fingers were mostly up there, the thumb still got the eye a bit.

Didn't realize Cejudo was corning not a bad sign for Silva. Pitbull does have a questionable gastank though.

Remember, Cheyanne is in JP's corner. If he loses, it might affect her in her fight.

Remember, Cheyanne is in JP's corner. If he loses, it might affect her in her fight.
I've been thinking that. Might be a Montana and Mark DLR deal where she wears the pants and still shows up.

lol how bad is buys, all my money is on Conejo next.

Nice collective fade of Buys guys, Cash that moneyy.

Now that Cheyanne watched her husband get his shit pushed in, you might want to reconsider your bet on her.

Back