UFC on ESPN 25 PBP/Discussion

Kicking myself for not putting a bet on Zombie, especially because his price increased pretty majorly today. Without the Ortega fight he would probably be a decent size fave which was justified.

So little tape makes it hard to get a read on Zombie, given his age. I thought he had a higher ceiling than Ige, even if he's naturally declined at his age. He's declined in athleticism, improved in fight IQ. I think it's the difference between a kind of perpetual top 5 vs top 10 type matchup that we saw

Bet365 says I lost my bet for Zombie by decision, anyone else? They'll probably fix it

So little tape makes it hard to get a read on Zombie, given his age. I thought he had a higher ceiling than Ige, even if he's naturally declined at his age. He's declined in athleticism, improved in fight IQ. I think it's the difference between a kind of perpetual top 5 vs top 10 type matchup that we saw
Where do you think kz ranks after this? I think Ige showed his ceiling hasn't been reached yet. If he can shore up his TDD, he can definitely crack top 5. I feel KZ won't be able to beat the top 3. Still keeps his hands low and gets cracked too much. This was a fun fight regardless though.

Where do you think kz ranks after this? I think Ige showed his ceiling hasn't been reached yet. If he can shore up his TDD, he can definitely crack top 5. I feel KZ won't be able to beat the top 3. Still keeps his hands low and gets cracked too much. This was a fun fight regardless though.
You can put KZ at 3, but I don't think there's a real shot he beats Volk, Oretga or Max. I think he's kinda stuck.

Plz let me see Barboza VS Zombie

If KZ wrestles more he can make a run for the title, but the beating Ortega gave him probably means he will fall short. I don't think he can hand with the top-level strikers who have good TDD or ground game.

Zombie is ranked perfectly right now. Max and Volk are clearly at the top and Ortega, Kattar and Zombie are a cut below that. Barboza, Evloev and Topuria might be in the same realm as those 3, but everyone else is not on that level.

All 3 judges gave Ige R1, and D'amto gave Ige R5. There has to be some kind of accountability for these types of random scores.

All 3 judges gave Ige R1, and D'amto gave Ige R5. There has to be some kind of accountability for these types of random scores.

I had it 49-46

I gave Ige round 5 but maybe I was just being nice... He hurt Zombie, and I'm not huge on back control with nothing really going on erasing the rest of the round. Also a huge KZ fan.

Round 1 was close but I thought Zombie edged it

I had it 49-46

I gave Ige round 5 but maybe I was just being nice... He hurt Zombie, and I'm not huge on back control with nothing really going on erasing the rest of the round. Also a huge KZ fan.

Round 1 was close but I thought Zombie edged it

Back control is not nothing, it's dominating the grappling. Ige defended the chokes well, but being stuck in back control means you got your ass kicked.

Back control is not nothing, it's dominating the grappling. Ige defended the chokes well, but being stuck in back control means you got your ass kicked.
Yeah that came out wrong, I just think Ige may have done enough on the feet the first half of the round

Back