PBP UFC on ESPN 28: Hall vs. Strickland - PBP Discussion: 6:30 p.m. ET/3:30 p.m. PT

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Really outstanding sneaking in punches at angles too. In some ways, I think he’s the best boxer in mma. Most guys box like they’re boxing in the 16oz balloons they train in, but Strickland is constantly deflecting with his arms and looping punches in like a properly trained bareknuckle boxer.
I agree. He didnt look like he took much damage at all. Hall had the reach advantage also. Sean just stands in front of you and though timing and angles outclasses you.

Mousasi is a bigger name on his resume than most of the division has. And fuck u anyways- Hall is a fuckin dog

it was 6 years ago, he lost the rematch and i don't know what you mean fuck you Hall is a dog. i never said he's not tough, i said why is anyone surprised that he got beat like he got beat? it's not new, the same thing happened when he fought Kelvin, Costa, and Brunson. people think it's mental shit but that's just his style.

if you can pressure him on the feet, you'll beat him. he needs 2 things for his game to work, space and time. without that he's not nearly as good on his feet. you have to fight his fight in order for him to win, he doesn't have a way to force you to do it.

Interesting analysis. I always thought of him as just a physically tough 1-2 type who fights long, but you may be right.
He’s an interesting one. He is very unimpressive looking in every way at a quick glance. But like tonight you see him next to Hall, who’s not a small middleweight, and he didn’t undersized like one thinks he would. He looked tall for the division and thick.

When he fights, he does everything economically. All those takedowns tonight probably cost him a grand total of a hundred calories.

He’s definitely a bit of a meat and potatoes striker, but tonight we saw him fight against and everything but the kitchen sink striker with far superior athleticism and TBH Hall landed maybe half a dozen good strikes total and was pretty well broken most of the fight.

I don’t think he matches up particularly well against the top of the division though. Izzy is what casuals think Hall is when they see a highlight reel. And I think Rob has great fundamentals as well and is just far more athletic and multifaceted even if Strickland is a more educated pocket fighter.

I agree. He didnt look like he took much damage at all. Hall had the reach advantage also. Sean just stands in front of you and though timing and angles outclasses you.
what’s crazy to me is he doesn’t even try that hard to work angles with his feet. He’s so defensively sound that he stands toe to toe and dares motherfuckers to trade in the pocket with him, and he finds angles as soon as the leather flies.

Main event could've been better, bit not a sinful performance.

JUST BLEED God is satisfied, will spare us his wrath and return to Valhalla to feed.
I was entertained. Hall kept throwing heat throughout the beating he received.

78698-2267676.png

78698-2413192.png

78698-2413240.png

Back