UFC on ESPN 28 PBP/Discussion

PuertoRican

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I7DBAHu.jpg

Main Card (ESPN/ESPN+)

Uriah Hall (17-9) vs. Sean Strickland (23-3) (Middleweight)
Cheyanne Buys (5-2) vs. Gloria de Paula (5-3) (Women's Strawweight)
Jared Gooden (17-6) vs. Niklas Stolze (12-4) (Welterweight)
Melsik Baghdasaryan (5-1) vs. Collin Anglin (8-1) (Featherweight)
Bryan Barberena (15-7) vs. Jason Witt (18-7) (Welterweight)

Preliminary Card (ESPN/ESPN+)

Chris Gruetzemacher (14-4) vs. Rafa Garcia (11-1) (Lightweight)
Danny Chavez (11-4) vs. Kai Kamaka III (8-4) (Featherweight)
Jinh Yu Frey (10-6) vs. Ashley Yoder (8-7) (Women's Strawweight)
Zarrukh Adashev (3-3) vs. Ryan Benoit (10-7) (Flyweight)
Philip Rowe (7-3) vs. Orion Cosce (7-0) (Welterweight)

Other

- Jinh Yu Frey was briefly expected to face promotional newcomer Istela Nunes, but the latter was forced to withdraw from the women's strawweight bout due to visa issues and was replaced by Ashley Yoder on May 18.
- Ronnie Lawrence vs. John Castaneda was scheduled for this event. However on July 18, Castaneda pulled out of the bout and was replaced by Trevin Jones.
- Doo Ho Choi and Danny Chavez were expected to meet at the event. However, Choi had to pull out off the bout due to an injury and was replaced by Kai Kamaka III on July 19.
- A welterweight contest featuring Mounir Lazzez and Niklas Stolze was also booked for this card. In turn, Lazzez pulled out just a few days before the event due to visa issues and was replaced by Jared Gooden on July 27.

Good card to skip, but somehow I leaned in 8 of 10, woops lol

Rowe misses weight and then out hustles Cosce.

You'd think a guy who's beat Bellator champ Sergio and went to split with UFC champ Moreno would be better than -140 vs a 3 - 3 guy, hmm...

Uh so for all of the commentary this week on how shitty this card is, I’m having a pretttttttty good time watching these fuckers throw down

Back