UFC on ESPN+ 29 Woodley vs Edwards

Dana is saying the fights will go on but this event has gotta be like +1000 to happen.

Apparently the Apex isn't available anymore, and a bunch of fights are going to get canceled bc of travel restrictions...so they need to find a location in the buttfuck middle of nowhere and re-make a good % of the fights on the card in the next few days for what, just to have one crappy fight night?

Dana is a stubborn dude and he very much doesn't want to succumb to this but I think we are going to miss at least a few weeks. We'll see if they can figure out a solution for Tony vs Khabib, but I'm guessing they are going to have to cancel like every other major sports league.

Lol it is not unthinkable that all passenger flights all over the world will be put to halt. And yet dana white wants to keep his fights on. He must be desperate, maybe the ufc is in financial trouble. That is what you get when you overpay the shareholders!

maybe Dana sees opportunity for UFC as it would be the only lives sports shown on tv. People are in withdrawal for live sports so UFC can get new fans.

Glad Dana wants the shows to go on , there is money to be made for all parties involved. Fighter, ufc brass and bettors

maybe Dana sees opportunity for UFC as it would be the only lives sports shown on tv. People are in withdrawal for live sports so UFC can get new fans.
It reeks of desperation. Scott coker didnt seem to have much hesitation in canceling the bellator event. It also shows Dana is very unaware what is gonna happen. This shit will get much worse, that is not even a possibility anymore but a guarantee. No way there can be any major sporting events taking place next week.

I think it reeks of stubbornness more than desperation. Also opportunism to be the only sports that people are allowed to watch to gain popularity.

I really doubt canceling a few sucky fight nights is gonna hurt UFC bottom line, yet Dana seems determined to keep this card together.

It sounds like almost every single fight is off this card and they are gonna try to cobble together a bunch of bumfights.

They should really just call it a day and focus on saving the Ngannou/Jairzinho card where at least fighters were planning on being in the US to begin with. Seems extremely difficult for them to pull this weekend off with very little gain as it will be a poor product

Edit: Almost every fight is canceled and none seem likely to happen. This card is dunzo. Time for Dana to move onto salvaging the 3/28 card:

https://t.co/ZT9em6H1UJ?amp=1

Last edited:
I think woodley has seen better days. Ko is possible though.i like fabianski to wrestlefuk the khazistani fighter

Guess we should know soon if Edwards risks getting stuck in the US due to the travel ban. This stuff is wild.

If Edwards or Woodley can't make it Burn's crazy ass might "know a guy".

Seems like all these fights are off so far.
Not sure how they will put this thing back together.

Canceled fights

Damn Edwards fight got canceled. Was looking forward to him smashing Woodley this is sucks. All that training for nothing.

Most fights are off but Woodley wants to fight and Burns and Colby have offered to fight him.

Woodley would never accept burns fight it does nothing for him as he's looking for a title opportunity. Colby is bullshitting everyone he won't fight.

Jesus. Ok so what fights are still on ? Kevin holland & spann vs TBA and what else? I think they should make osp vs spann main event. Woodley wont fight a late notice opponent some ppl have said. Do holland vs giles. Who else on the card is still fighting for sure? Load with Americans and do it in a rural are with no crowd on espn. Maybe we can hit it big

Last edited:
Lol it is not unthinkable that all passenger flights all over the world will be put to halt. And yet dana white wants to keep his fights on. He must be desperate, maybe the ufc is in financial trouble. That is what you get when you overpay the shareholders!
They're paying interest on their $2B debt. Each event is around $10M revenue, with more for PPV. It's no surprise the new owners are pushing hard for this (with Dana being the voice of it)

Whoever fights on this card should be paid double and a loss shouldn’t count

Back