ufc on fox 18 play-by-play and discussion

I didn't have money on that fight and think a draw was probably a fair result.

I'd love to see 2 accidental fouls in the same round being a point deduction becoming a precedent. Deliberate or not eye-pokes cause damage and too many fighters have had unfair advantages from them, Browne being the best recent example. In that fight the eye-poke completely changed the momentum and he got away with it.
There's nothing wrong with deducting 1 point after a fighter eye pokes his opponent 1 time and does an illegal knee 1 time (2 fouls total = 1 point deduction). However, no other UFC referee has ever taken a point away from a fighter after they did two separate fouls like that, which is why it's weird.

Like brown coming in, has some sage sorta hype but otherwise such little to no footage impossible to predict this fight but dywer is a live dog.

There's nothing wrong with deducting 1 point after a fighter eye pokes his opponent 1 time and does an illegal knee 1 time (2 fouls total = 1 point deduction). However, no other UFC referee has ever taken a point away from a fighter after they did two separate fouls like that, which is why it's weird.

Yeah, I wasn't trying to say it's not weird. Just that I'd like to see it become a standard going forward.

Is a draw a loss on Bet365?

not 100% but you should get a refund if there is no draw option to bet prefight, I got my unibet bets refunded so I would think b365 will too. been so long since I bet on a fight with a draw I can't quite remember if all books grade it as a push or not.

Probably best line of the night that hits but seriously how do you predict this? Same as kerber upset...seems impossible to bet these longshots and stay profitable long term
haha, no regrets, would never bet it

Official stats:

Damon Jackson = 44 significant strikes
Levan Makashvili = 65 significant strikes, 1 take down, 1 advance

Dammit.. had $1200 on Jackson to win there.. At around +270 average odds.. Thought he should have got 1 and 2 based on controlling position throught the rounds. . Whatever I guess the point deduction saved a loss.. :(

dwyer takes rd 1, brown looks awkward, i don't like the way he turns away from punches.

dywer r1

but brown getting more aggressive, regardless he has been welcomed to the ufc

Dwyer always with a strong start, let's see if he falls off.

Dwyer 10-9

close round - brown lokking very green as expected

Round 1: Dwyer (Brown looks like he's used to being the aggressor. He can also be nervous cuz of the stakes of this fight and it's his UFC debut)

Back