1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

UFC on Fox 21: Condit vs Maia - Vancouver

Discussion in 'MMA Betting Discussion' started by EzFlyer, Aug 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mkess101 Not the hero he deserves, but the hero he needs

For the record, I'm not mad at all. I was just pointing out that your recommended bets fly directly in the face of YOUR OWN PERCENTAGES RELATIVE TO THE BETTING LINES. It's extremely odd.

Best of luck to you man. I hope you make a boatload of $.

2. RyuDave Green Belt

Thinking out loud here, I know condit has the better proven gas tank but let's say he wears Maia as a back pack for 2.5 rounds do we really think he'll have more than Maia left in the tank? I think he has slowed down in championship rounds a little bit before and that's without getting smothered for half the fight.

3. wack3d Silver Belt

no clue why he missed weight but obviously now it has to be a case of dog or pass.. even before he missed weight i was thinking laprise line was way too juiced

4. Joseph Budden Banned Banned

He'll unquestionably have the better cardio no matter what happens. He's never slowed down in 5 rounds. Only argument you could even make for that is losing the fifth of the Lawler fight. But Maia slows in the third of fights he's dominating

5. wack3d Silver Belt

ya he would still be alot fresher imo but i dont see condit giving up his back as "easy" as some of maia's past opponents

6. crewman Brown Belt

I agree man, people talk about Condit being this cardio machine but Robbie stole that last round from him. Robbie finished stronger lol

7. RyuDave Green Belt

Yeah I don't know but something to look for I between rounds to see how he's breathing.

8. Joseph Budden Banned Banned

Keep in mind that's how Robbie fights though. Defense first and a focus on managing energy. Carlos was balls to the wall all fight, as usual

9. wack3d Silver Belt

that fight was a grueling war with a ton of damage if maia had been in condits shoes that night he would have been dead :D

10. Agent Mulder Black Belt

Agree about the dog or pass. Gouti can bang and closes the distance pretty fast. I think he can catch Laprise. Maybe get a TD or two as well.

11. EzFlyer Titanium Belt

liking miller +3.5 -135 quite a bit.

lauzon's finishes are almost all early, and jim miller is still solid early in fights... i don't think joe finishes him. cap this closer to -200..

12. EzFlyer Titanium Belt

^^ what puo said.. sheesh, i take a few hours off overnight after the pitbull nonsense and find this stuff!

13. Social Distance Warrior Banned Banned

I have pvz, condit and Pettis in a parlay, paying out +300.

14. Social Distance Warrior Banned Banned

@PUO3 is a can...

Yea I said it.

15. Dooze Purple Belt

He fought a war that a lot of people thought he won against Lawler like 8 months ago. You can't use 8 months between fights as an argument for that given you're championing your Woodley pick and he was out for like 19 months between the Kelvin and Lawler fights. That and the fact 8 months in between fights is quite a normal amount for a lot of the elite guys. Shit Rumbles last fight was back in January before he murdered Glover last week.

16. Agent Mulder Black Belt

You forgot to mention your most recent value pick (Glover) in that list.

17. plekz Brown Belt

if maia would attempt to absorb even half the damage condit did in that fight, he'd be fucking dead or in the hospital.

18. iGnP Silver Belt

to be fair, he did say that the play on Glover was a small bet

19. Brick Top Yellow Swag Banned

Who was insulting infer? I sure wasn't. I was just criticising the nonsense he was posting in a kind way

20. mkess101 Not the hero he deserves, but the hero he needs

Agree. I think the Condit/Jackson strategy will be (assuming Condit is taken down early in the fight) to close guard and work short elbows and punches from there. Don't try to create space, don't try to sweep. Maia is just too good at taking that real estate inch by inch. If Condit is content to make Maia work to just hold him down he should be fresher heading into rd 3.

Maia in a 3 round fight is such a beast because when he takes guys down, they panic. They know it's only 3 rounds and they can't afford to spend a round on their back. So they try to create space or cause a scramble and Maia inevitably takes their back and then they are in a far worse spot. With this being 5 rounds, Condit has the luxury of holding Maia in his guard for 5-10 minutes without feeling he's just given the fight away. He won't need to panic and lose position.

At least that's how I see it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.