Rumored UFC targeting a Chandler v Ferguson Fight Night bout on April 3

Who knows? Tony might be too unconventional and Chandler too small?

Would prefer to see Chandler vs Justin though.

I guess we're getting a lw tournament after all with this and Dustin vs Conor 3. Oliveria vs Justin. Maybe Hooker vs Justin. I dont know.

I'm amused theyre going to go this far hoping for a Conor win.

Man, this is one of those fights where both guys need to win but at the same time it's a great fight. Just bad timing

This is dogshit match-making. Whenever the UFC has a clear roadmap for a division, like clockwork they make these random-ass fights. Unless they’re going Poirier vs Oliveira for the belt, then it would kinda make sense, but otherwise imo they should:

Let Poirier and McGregor finish their trilogy, it doesnt need a title, its gonna sell massively any way.

Meanwhile a rightful champ can be crowned in Chandler vs Oliveira.

Tony should have no business for a while in the top 3/5. Not after getting dominated twice in a row. Him vs Nate would be dope. Maybe against Hooker. Maybe Dariush.

Gaethje just had his shot at the belt. He could maybe fight Makachev if he beats Dober. RDA or Dariush would also be dope fights.

On paper yeah it is bad matchmaking, I don’t disagree. With the way the guys at the top of the division are divas Tony is probably the highest ranked guy that is willing to fight Chandler at this point - none of those other top 5 guys seem to want anything to do with Chandler.

Another reason Tony is getting big Match ups is because he is still ranked number 5 and probably makes a decent amount of coin, no way they are going to pay him to beat up the lower end of the division and build him back up at 37 or however old he is. Plus he is a much bigger name than someone like Oliveira, as good as Oliveira is nobody outside the hardcore fan base know who tf he is.

Makhachaev shouldn’t be anywhere near getting top 5 fights, he is a pullout merchant who fights like once a year. He is a bit of a name because of Khabib, I guess he could fight Dariush with a win would be a step back ranking wise for Dariush but Makhachaev is a good name.

Tony has been treated like shit by the ufc .... he deserves it imo
How so? I mean, it sucks that he never got to officially fight for the title, but they tried to book him vs Khabib about a billion times. And it wasn’t like Khabib was the sole reason that fight didn’t happen. Tony pulled out at least twice that I recall.
Recently, he could’ve been right in the mix had he beat Gaethje, but he lost. He got another chance when he was booked against Oliveira, but again he lost. Chandler is now on a 3-fight winning streak, including a great UFC debut and finish of Hooker, while Ferguson is in a 2-fight losing streak. It may not be a popular opinion, but Tony doesn’t deserve the fight with Chandler imho. Give Ferguson someone like Dariush, or maybe Felder if we think he deserves someone higher ranked than Dariush.
Again, this isn’t to say I’m not excited about the fight, because I am.

What why? I mean I like the matchup, but Tony should be fighting a lower ranked fighter, like Daruish (who is willing to fight him) or winner of Islam/Dober.

and idt it does much for Chandler to defeat Tony who is on a 2 fight lose streak. Isn't Chandler ranked higher than Tony?

Cliffs? Why woke? Why cringe?
america has been brainwashed into believing that its good to be a beta cuck and bad to be a white man. if you're a man with any masculinty whatsoever then you are lucky that you are not in america right now. its a fucking mess.

yeah like i said i'm not in tune with whatever the fuck is going on in usa (maybe its the same in europe as well?), I basically just get my news from memes.
but chandler seemed to tick off all the boxes when it comes to being a modern white man.

"my wife didn't want to have kids and I agree, she told me to adopt"
"I don't care about continuing my bloodline, he's my son in every way"
"he's black but I'm going to educate him about how he's oppressed"

it all feels strange on a basic, primitive level.. guess I'm not as enlightened as the western white male.

america has been brainwashed into believing that its good to be a beta cuck and bad to be a white man. if you're a man with any masculinty whatsoever then you are lucky that you are not in america right now. its a fucking mess.
yeah like i said i'm not in tune with whatever the fuck is going on in usa (maybe its the same in europe as well?), I basically just get my news from memes.
but chandler seemed to tick off all the boxes when it comes to being a modern white man.

"my wife didn't want to have kids and I agree, she told me to adopt"
"I don't care about continuing my bloodline, he's my son in every way"
"he's black but I'm going to educate him about how he's oppressed"

it all feels strange on a basic, primitive level.. guess I'm not as enlightened as the western white male.

Ah, I'll have to listen to that. BTW page down from the top https://www.goarmy.com/ranger/life-in-the-ranger-regiment/being-an-army-ranger.html

How so? I mean, it sucks that he never got to officially fight for the title, but they tried to book him vs Khabib about a billion times. And it wasn’t like Khabib was the sole reason that fight didn’t happen. Tony pulled out at least twice that I recall.
Recently, he could’ve been right in the mix had he beat Gaethje, but he lost. He got another chance when he was booked against Oliveira, but again he lost. Chandler is now on a 3-fight winning streak, including a great UFC debut and finish of Hooker, while Ferguson is in a 2-fight losing streak. It may not be a popular opinion, but Tony doesn’t deserve the fight with Chandler imho. Give Ferguson someone like Dariush, or maybe Felder if we think he deserves someone higher ranked than Dariush.
Again, this isn’t to say I’m not excited about the fight, because I am.
Took his interim belt away for zero reason meaning he wouldn’t get Ppv points against Khabib for starters

Took his interim belt away for zero reason meaning he wouldn’t get Ppv points against Khabib for starters
Oh yeah, I forgot about the interim belt. Stripping that from him was bullshit.

Back