UFC Vegas 61: Dern vs. Yan, Sat, October 1

Even though she SHOULD, Dern has so far been very hesitant to pull guard. Especially early in fights. She trusts her chin and throws hard (albeit doesn't have good footwork or set up her punches) so she'd rather settle for a standup fight if she can't get to the bodylock to drag her opponent down.

But yeah, if you get + odds on her getting ONE takedown that seems like value.

I think shes fucked in a stand up fight. If theres a focus in her training it must be getting the fight to the ground. And its not even we shall see how it goes. Didnt she land like one or two strikes vs Marina? Or was it even that?

I think shes fucked in a stand up fight. If theres a focus in her training it must be getting the fight to the ground. And its not even we shall see how it goes. Didnt she land like one or two strikes vs Marina? Or was it even that?

Oh I agree. I'm just saying thus far she hasn't seemed intent enough on figuring out how to get fights to the mat. Which is stupid given how massive an edge she has there. And I really mean over everyone. If you told me she was fighting Nunes but no standing strikes were allowed I'd pick Dern. She's that far ahead with her grappling. But somehow she's been content to wing punches for long stretches instead of doggedly pursuing a way to get opponents down.

Ricci/Penne off after Jessica fell ill. Sucks since I really liked Tabatha ML there for my parlay, ah well.

My flight to the Philippines is tomorrow at 1am, and I don't arrive in Manila until Sunday, so I won't be able to make a UFC thread tomorrow, and I won't be able to watch the fights since I'll be in the air when they're happening live.

Good luck this weekend, fellas. <Moves>

My flight to the Philippines is tomorrow at 1am, and I don't arrive in Manila until Sunday, so I won't be able to make a UFC thread tomorrow, and I won't be able to watch the fights since I'll be in the air when they're happening live.

Thanks! Safe travels!

salamat po

Back