1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

UFN 101 - Whittaker vs Brunson - Australia

Discussion in 'MMA Betting Discussion' started by Ukram, Nov 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ukram Silver Belt

UFN 101 - Whittaker vs Brunson
    http://www.sherdog.com/events/UFC-Fight-Night-101-Whittaker-vs-Brunson-54995

Main Card
    Robert Whittaker vs. Derek Brunson
    Andrew Holbrook vs. Jake Matthews
    Omari Akhmedov vs. Kyle Noke
    Yusuke Kasuya vs. Alex Volkanovski
    Khalil Rountree vs. Tyson Pedro
    Seo Hee Ham vs. Danielle Taylor

Preliminary Card

Chris Camozzi vs. Dan Kelly
    Ben Nguyen vs. Geane Herrera
    Richard Walsh vs. Jonathan Meunier
    Marlon Vera vs. Ning Guangyou
    Dan Hooker vs. Jason Knight
    Damien Brown vs. Jon Tuck
    Yao Zhikui vs. Jenel Lausa

Event details:
    https://www.ufc.tv/video/ufc-melbourne-2016

UFC: Fight pass stream:
    https://www.ufc.tv/video/ufc-melbourne-2016-fight-pass-prelims

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2016
  2. Sham5916910 Silver Belt

Know who im on please release lines!

brunson whittaker an interesting one for me. im 5-0 on brunson betting for or against him but im undecided here.

3. Ukram Silver Belt

From other thread, thanks to Crows break down:

4. Slohog Green Belt

Can we chill out with picks and breakdowns until odds are out?

5. Ukram Silver Belt

After 23 back to back fights...
    [​IMG]

6. CR0W BOXING

Why? More input from other users the better.

It's fight discussion, we can talk about how we see fights playing out, strengths and weaknesses without knowing the odds.

7. Joseph Budden Banned Banned

This is a comically bad card

8. Sham5916910 Silver Belt

Goodfella confirmed Nick K does scout this place. I used to be all for discussion but with that revelation i think we should hold off.

9. Brick Top Yellow Swag Banned

I still think we should all move to a private Telegram

10. CR0W BOXING

Tyson Pedro vs Khalil Rountree

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    ═════════════════════════════════════

Octagon newcomer Tyson Pedro is a 24 year old, 4-0 Light heavyweight prospect out of Queensland, Australia. His professional career started in 2013 with a TKO victory, he then proceeded to be inactive for 2 and a bit years, returning March of 2016 and has since racked up 3 straight submission victories, all by choke including a step up in competition against Steven Warby.
    It's hard to find too much fight footage on Pedro, there is however his fight against Endermann on the AFC YouTube channel. Pedro started out with Jiu Jitsu at a young age before transitioning to Boxing and then eventually MMA; Pedro has amateur Boxing experience as well as being a BJJ Purple Belt. He trains out of Lions High Performance Centre and has been training regularly with James Te Huna for this bout and also had training and sparring with top Australian HW Boxer and WBA World Heavyweight Title holder Lucas Browne. ​

On the feet Pedro looks to have a decent guard as well as head movement. He has a great frame for LHW and is strong in the clinch mixing in knees with huge power takedowns. Once the fight hits the mat Pedro is immediately looking to transition and improve position, in his fight with Endermann he got the takedown straight into side control and seamlessly into mount. From there he worked heavy ground and pound until his opponent was forced to give up his back and eventually the Rear Naked Choke. Pedro looks to have all the tools to be a fantastic prospect but as always judgement should be reserved until he's made his UFC debut as he has only had 4-0 fights to this point, 3 of then within the last 7 months, but has been training for years. ​

Khalil Rountree entered The Ultimate Fighter 23 as a prospect in his own right, winning by KO to secure his place in the house. In his quarter final bout Rountree lost to fellow Syndicate MMA team member Cory Hendricks via Rear Naked Choke; Hendricks however suffered a neck injury and Rountree replaced him in the tournament. He won his Semi Final bout against Josh Stansbury via TKO despite being dropped himself in the bout. The dream ended there as he was dominated and smothered by Andrew Sanchez in the finale losing a lopsided unanimous decision being scored 30-25, 30-25 and 30-26. ​

Rountree trains at Syndicate MMA alongside teammates such as Cory Hendricks and Johnny Nunez. Rountree's game centres around landing big shots on the feet, he has a particularly powerful body kick and the kind of power in both hands that could hurt anyone if the division if he lands flush. As entertaining as Rountree is to watch there is some glaring holes in his game; his power shots are often thrown very wide and without proper technique which leaves him open for counters and takedowns. Stansbury managed to counter one of Rountree's winged body shots with a short left hook and managed to drop him. Watching Rountree's fights it's also clear to see that his takedown defence is another aspect of his game that need to improve if he's ever going to make waves in the UFC. His will have the benefit of superior experience in this bout though, having more fights, going through TUF and having fought in the UFC. ​

Despite his age and relative lack of experience I believe Pedro will win this fight. An amateur Boxing background, a purple belt in Jiu Jitsu and powerful takedowns make him a very well rounded fighter for his age and a dangerous match up for Rountree. If the fight stays on the feet Rountree will have a big shot of winning but even then it's no certainty he would better the Australian on the feet. Pedro will have more tools at his disposal and I can see him securing an early takedown, passing to a dominant position, working ground and pound and eventually a choke as he has done previously.​

═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════

11. CR0W BOXING

Sorry I have no idea who Nick K is?

12. SBJJ Steel Belt

Trumps #1 contender for Secretary of State.

13. null Gold Belt

Would you rather this or the UFC take the weekend off and just have one less card for the year?

14. Joseph Budden Banned Banned

I will never not want UFC weekly, but thats not enough to stop me from chuckling when Omari Akhmedov vs Kyle Noke is 2 fights from the main event and Andrew Holbrook is in the co main

15. Brick Top Yellow Swag Banned

Whittaker outstrikes Branson with ease but can he defend those takedowns?

16. Tebowned Boise Dime.

Name wise petty bad.

Main event is gonna be fun.
    Geanne Herrera versus Ben has to be a barn burner.
    Dan hooker vs Jason Knight is gonna be a fun standup fight as well.

17. usernamee Silver Belt

Whatever wrestling game Brunson brings I can't see him sustain it for 5 rounds. I'm leaning Whittaker but haven't studied Brunson yet tho

Any odds up for this?

18. Card Silver Belt

19. Joseph Budden Banned Banned

I will say this at least, for me besides the unknowns I have to watch tape on (Pedro, Lausa, and Volkanovski) this is a pretty easy betting card. I already know the plays I want, and even expect good prices

20. Ukram Silver Belt

Agree with the card its not got the big named faces, but hopefully it means the underdogs will be barking the whole night while the bookies have no idea.

Not sure about scouts or nick either, but its not like its difficult to see the favourite's or even spot a decent underdog lately!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.