UFN 101 - Whittaker vs Brunson - Australia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Matthews literally looked shook in his last fight when Buffer announced his name and the crowd barely made any notice, it was like it dawned on him "wow these people don't give two shit about me here"

But now he is back in Australia with another favourable matchup. (They really see potential in this guy, u seldom see a fighter get the favourable fights he's gotten through his UFC career, then he gets Lee outside of Australia and crumbles under the pressure and punches of Lee)

Anyways, Matthews should just simply outpower Holbrook everywhere and I see him going up as a big favourite. Holbrook by hail mary sub could be interesting

Matthews @1.43
Holbrook @2.86

Brunson @1.65
Whittaker @2.25

I saw these lines on a couple different Australian bookies a few days ago. Thoughts?

Matthews @1.43
Holbrook @2.86

Brunson @1.65
Whittaker @2.25

I saw these lines on a couple different Australian bookies a few days ago. Thoughts?

Makes sense, wonder what Matthews by KO and Holbrook by sub will be.

It's pretty telling when posters can have so many posts in each event thread with strong opinions and then the "post your bets" thread is ghost town.

So watched Camozzi's last three fights as well as the Natal fight (he so should have got that decision).

TDD (or lack of ha) was on display in Natal and Leites fights. Now he stuffed most of Natal's td attempts. Natal landed two but Camozzi was able to get back to his feet very quickly as he was near the fence. Now this is encouraging as Natal is a very accomplished BJJ competitor. Kelly is old and slow and from watching his fights he won't get a takedown on Camozzi from a quick shot, it's going to be a trip from the clinch if he can get Camozzi down (unless of course he catches a kick). Leites was able to keep Camozzi down as he stuck to his back like glue, (he didn't actually take him down in r1 he took his back standing for the whole round) and I just don't think Kelly will be able to employ that strategy. For me he is too old, slow and unathletic to pull that off. Against the fence I can see Camozzi being able to get back to his feet quickly.

There is a big disparity standing Camozzi has solid stand up and while Kelly is tough and does have a decent left hand, he marches forward with no defence and is going to be picked off on the feet. Camozzi has solid cardio and while Kelly appears winded by midway he is a tough boy and seems to be able to fight through it. But the more he slows down the easier a target he will become. Against Steve Montgomery he hit a trip with 90 seconds left in r3 to steal the fight so Kelly will keep going, he also showed that after a tough first round against Shoeface. But besides his last fight which is just an odd fight (did Shoeface fuck his ankle in r2?) he has beaten three fighters no longer with the UFC (all three cut straight after losing to Kelly). Westcott and Alvey both took him out in under a minute too. I just can't see Kelly being able to consistently land takedowns and keep Camozzi down long enough to steal rounds when he is so out classed on the feet.

The line on this is going to be interesting. Depending on lines Matthews + Camozzi is a distinct possibility for me.

Last edited:
This is one weird card. Not really like anyone off the top of my head. I will be interested to see Taylor's money line, I will be on her if the ML is good. Kelly/Camozzi is going to a DEC I'm sure of. I'm like Camozzi in this one, waiting on the money line.

It's pretty telling when posters can have so many posts in each event thread with strong opinions and then the "post your bets" thread is ghost town.
It's pretty telling when every post you make is you bitching like a woman

Matthews literally looked shook in his last fight when Buffer announced his name and the crowd barely made any notice, it was like it dawned on him "wow these people don't give two shit about me here"

But now he is back in Australia with another favourable matchup. (They really see potential in this guy, u seldom see a fighter get the favourable fights he's gotten through his UFC career, then he gets Lee outside of Australia and crumbles under the pressure and punches of Lee)

Anyways, Matthews should just simply outpower Holbrook everywhere and I see him going up as a big favourite. Holbrook by hail mary sub could be interesting
Matthews didn't look himself from the bell I agree. I think the flight from Australia to USA is brutal especially the first time

Just spotted quite a few Asian fighters on this card, the flight over to Australia is closer for Asian fighters then it is America by roughly 4-5 hours. Asian fighters may perform better with lesser jet lag.

-Guangyou Ning - China
-Zhikui Yao-China
-Seo Hee Ham-South Korea
-Yusuke Kasuya-Japan
-Zhikui Yao-China

Possible some are training closer to Australia though, guess with the interviews will find out.

Last edited:
Just spotted quite a few Asian fighters on this card, that long flight to Australia with jet lag while weight cuttings is not going to do favours for these fighters;

-Guangyou Ning - China
-Zhikui Yao-China
-Seo Hee Ham-South Korea
-Yusuke Kasuya-Japan
-Zhikui Yao-China

Possible some are training closer to Australia though, guess with the interviews will find out.

Shouldn't their flights actually be significantly shorter than for the americans and canadians on the card?

I am of the thinking that it is slightly unwise to disclose amounts bet in actual dollars. Much more comfortable with units if shit ever hit the fan. Having that info out in numbers made is I feel a bit much, but what do I know.

Last edited:
Shouldn't their flights actually be significantly shorter than for the americans and canadians on the card?

Yes double checked you are right, flying times show Asia closer to Australia so if anything Asian fighters may perform better here with less jet lag.

http://www.mmaoddsbreaker.com/news/full-ufc-fight-night-101-betting-odds/

UFC Fight Night 101: Whittaker vs. Brunson
NOVEMBER 26, 2016
Rod Laver Arena | Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

Fight Card

Robert Whittaker +115
Derek Brunson -155

Over 2.5 -120
Under 2.5 -120

Andrew Holbrook +250
Jake Matthews -350

Over 1.5 -190
Under 1.5 +150

Omari Akhmedov -120
Kyle Noke -120

Over 1.5 -190
Under 1.5 +150

Yusuke Kasuya +150
Alex Volkanovski -190

Over 2.5 -130
Under 2.5 -110

Tyson Pedro -105
Khalil Rountree -135

Over 1.5 -105
Under 1.5 -135

Danielle Taylor +115
Seo Hee Ham -155

Over 2.5 -215
Under 2.5 +165

Daniel Kelly +200
Chris Camozzi -280

Over 1.5 -190
Under 1.5 +150

Damien Brown +145
Jon Tuck -185

Over 2.5 -150
Under 2.5 +110

Jonathan Meunier -120
Richard Walsh -120

Over 2.5 -130
Under 2.5 -110

Geane Herrera +125
Ben Nguyen -165

Over 2.5 -120
Under 2.5 -120

Jason Knight +130
Dan Hooker -170

Over 2.5 -210
Under 2.5 +160

Ning Guangyou +100
Marlon Vera -140

Over 2.5 -175
Under 2.5 +135

Yao Zhikui +135
Jenel Lausa -175

Over 2.5 -230
Under 2.5 +170

hope volkanovski doesnt move much.

i wanted to be on cammozzi but +200 i think kelly is the bet

hitting akhmedov pretty hard at -120, he will win first two rounds handily imo, i know he gasses badly but i'll hedge live if i need

also like hooker -170, super impressed w/this guy. think he has edge virtually everywhere

i have no idea who Lausa, pedro or Volkanovski are

Volanski line gonna be interesting he looks good.

I agree with your b/d on Camozzi but why Matthews?

EDIT: I actually like Holbrook at +265. Gonna be a close fight and Holbrook aint a bum.

EDIT: Price on Camozzi sucks I won't be hitting his ML @ -280

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back