1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

UFN 104 pbp/discussion

Discussion in 'MMA Betting Discussion' started by EzFlyer, Feb 4, 2017.

1. EndlessCritic Steel Belt

Also just in case anyone questions whether I'm KZ's biggest fan...
    koreanzombie.jpg
    [​IMG]

2. YoungScholar Brown Belt

No bets on him in the Aldo fight? #fairweatherfan ;)

3. EndlessCritic Steel Belt

kz2.jpg
    How dare you question my loyalty asshole.

Note degen play at 12:15AM, minutes before the fight starts.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2017
  4. YoungScholar Brown Belt

Alright sir, apologies for the inconvenience.

Your membership application to the club of blind KZ fanboys has been accepted. Expect your membership card to arrive in your mailbox in 3-5 business days.

5. Joseph Budden Banned Banned

6. MidgardSerpent Black Belt

Yeah.... down around $500. Really regret not buying out my Trulljilo bets and making any bets on Hamilton at all.

7. HeDucking Im so Groovy Banned

Lol at Grasso bit. "She lost to the fighter with the more complete game and experience". No she got beat in the standup where Grassp's strength lies. It was near dominant performance by Herrig.

8. Barkus Brown Belt

Milstead was the biggest loser of the night. He lost the use of his right knee.

9. waiguoren Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

Just watched this event.

I feel really bad for Tanaka and anyone who bet on him. I think most judges in most jurisdictions would have scored it 29-28 Tanaka. 30-27 Ramos is the worst card I can remember since Sanchez-Pearson.

10. iGnP Silver Belt

For what it's worth Milstead didn't tell his corner that he hurt his knee in the first

11. Officer_Brown The Cuck of MMA betting. Look at my pretty face. Banned

maybe a reason why kz performed better than many expected..

12. null Gold Belt

Does 5Dimes keep an archive from that far back that you are able to access or do you regularly make screen caps of your bets and save them yourself?

13. Shoulder #29 most average paid MMA bettor on Sherdog.

I'm done with that site, those articles are such crap. Torres not a loser but Hill is? Lol.

14. EndlessCritic Steel Belt

Nope. 30-27 Danielle Taylor over Seo Hee Ham remains the worst scorecard in MMA history. This is amplified by the fact that TWO judges gave it 30-27 Taylor.

15. Oblivian Aging Platinum Member

I was on Tanaka and wasn't that bummed on the decision. 30-27 was obviously way off though. I really underestimated Ramos's takedown defense.

16. Oblivian Aging Platinum Member

Did you get brutalized last night? I think you and I were on similar fighters liking a lot of the favs. Fucking awful event for me lol.

17. Joseph Budden Banned Banned

Yup down 4.5 units. Would've been a lot worse if I didn't get a nice livebet in on fight goes the distance for the Andrade fight. Thats what I get for forcing plays on not very good fighters

18. EndlessCritic Steel Belt

5Dimes has an unlimited archive as far as I can tell. Name a fight from 2009 - 2013, and I'll show you my betslip!

(If you're on 5Dimes, you can view the archive by going to View Wagers --> Archived Wagers)

19. EndlessCritic Steel Belt

Is this guy fuckin' retarded? Not a good return for Hill? Hill looked like she was top 5 in the division with that performance.

20. oliverinsix Yellow Belt

You are absolutely correct. I do a lot of investing and incorrectly applied the same principles. I'm not above admitting when I'm wrong and was riding on last night's high and was being more brash than I usually am so thank you for the free education my man. :)

Regarding BR unit size, yes and no. Last year, I exercised a much more disciplined approach. Had a BR of 1% units, kept my bets within a range of 1-5 units dependent on how strong my lean was, never bet more than 3 units on a prop, but I ended that year down a few $k which wasn't terribly financially impacting, but it was enough to make me question if I was good at this long term. I was closer to breaking even more than anything but I tracked all my bets in Excel and drafted monthly reports to the point where I could tell you my average odd, my winning percentage on parlays, props, what weight class I had the most success betting on, biggest and smallest bets of the month, individual winning percentage I had in each fighter, main card vs undercard percentages. Graphs, trend lines, projections and the entire works so it was really disheartening to end the year negative after all the work I had committed into it. I still loved wagering on fights and I've been habituated to follow these forums as I have been for over 1.5 years however so I told myself I would only allow myself a BR of $500 for 2017 to minimize any big losses. I kind've threw all that discipline out the window for the year and have been aggressively wagering 25-75 unit bets since the first few events in January thinking I'd go big or just lose it all and stop but have managed to grow $500/100 units into $3200/640 units so far if I'm distributing it in the same proportion, but to be honest I've just been counting dollars and ignoring unit size this year. I'm actually kind've presently conflicted over whether or not I should return to my more disciplined approach now that I have a healthy BR or if I should just continue doing what works because I do feel like betting this way will crash me at some point. Maybe I've paid my tuition costs through last year's losses.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2017