1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

UFN 105 - Lewis vs Browne - Halifax

Discussion in 'MMA Betting Discussion' started by EzFlyer, Jan 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iGnP Silver Belt

BB/Browne is a 5 rounder, right?

2. cCrown Blue Belt

betsafe i believe

3. Bless Orange Belt

Unibet always has them, just worded differently. They always have the line Fighter x to win by finish:
    Yes
    No

"No" being "not fighter x itd"

4. quincy k Brown Belt

and imo hendicks will be far, far less effective at 185 than 170. lawler was a mid-level mw and prime hendricks was no better than robbie and johhny is far removed from his prime

i think people are moreso fading usada lombard and his two brutal ko losses than anything else

5. Rebel_LioN Silver Belt

New wave of bettors that parlay heavy favorites. I thought MMA was a sport known for it's unpredictability.

The result with these boneheads juicing up a guy like Reis all the way up to -700 is that they're able to win pennies to the dollar and it ruins the entire market price for anyone to profit and the bookies pretty much win in the end.

I don't know who's influencing all these people to lay the juice (that fury guy?) but to counter act it you just gotta take your chances on some of these dogs and unfortunately skip a few fights if you need to. But then you get opportunities to take chances on guys like Oezdemir +335 against non-elites like OSP.

People seem to have some sort of betting scheme that they conjure up and don't realize that every card is a different puzzle to solve and it's always a new thought process. I personally take it 1 card at a time.

6. iGnP Silver Belt

Hendricks is a no brainer play at dog odds imo. Not saying he's a guaranteed winner but you'd have to have a great reason to play Lombard at those odds

7. TimCoreCombat Green Belt

I guess I could see a small play but I just don't see it being the lock some on this board do. Neither fighter is very predictable in any sense and youre strictly gambling if you think you know what shape Jonny will be in, Lombard will be in and what either one of them of them will have in the tank.

8. Jamah Green Belt

Yes , Luca Fury hammers the big favourites. For UFC 208 he betted on Islam , Poirier , Souza and Glover ITD

9. TimCoreCombat Green Belt

I think you're right and I think it's become where you have to take some small fliers on huge dogs and then slam anyone you really like that is better than -200. It's a crazy game but people will eventually back off of betting these hugs favorites.

For example the upcoming tferg/Khabib fight. Whichever side you are on that is probably a fight to look really hard at.

10. iGnP Silver Belt

Well, i don't think we will see Hendricks worse at MW unless he just doesn't give a fuck about fighting anymore. He was very obviously draining himself way too much at 170.

And I can actually argue Lombard is very predictable. He's not going to be a cardio machine in this fight. Hendricks, for all his flaws and boring style, can still take a punch and has one of the best wrestling pedigrees to fall back on (I acknowledge it hasn't completely translated into MMA, but still).

11. Wardoom White Belt

Hendricks is one of the better bets on this card. I think he gets it by decision.

12. iGnP Silver Belt

Me too. Already hit the +387 dec line for 0.75u

13. Rebel_LioN Silver Belt

Is Volkanovski really on this card??? UFC.com has him listed but sherdog doesn't have him listed and a line for him obviously hasn't been released.

I'm 2-0 on people named Volkan so far I'd like to make it 3-0. But I suppose I still gotta check out who this Quinones guy is.

14. LEMONZEST Planning parlays...

I think the opposite. JH is mentally and physically on the decline. I will fade JH vs. Almost anyone right now.

15. LEMONZEST Planning parlays...

Both guys looked bad in their last showing. However IMO Browne looked really bad v ver-boom

16. Officer_Brown The Cuck of MMA betting. Look at my pretty face. Banned

It must be because its he main event.

17. Officer_Brown The Cuck of MMA betting. Look at my pretty face. Banned

so does lombard. his last win is against old shields 3 years ago. then got his ass partially kicked by magny and then old dinosaur hendo beat the fuck out of him. hendricks has the best chin of all lombards past opponents so he has the biggest chance to survive first few minutes.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2017
  18. LEMONZEST Planning parlays...

Mutante could be the most improved guy on the UFC roster. His fight IQ got way way better.

19. iGnP Silver Belt

Interesting. Lombard just got viciously knocked out by Hendo, is probably off the juice, only really has 1.5 rounds in his tank before he slows down to a snails pace, and hasn't finished someone since 2013. Yeah Hendricks has looked like crap but it's been against Magny, Lawler, Wonderboy, and Kelvin

Yeah I thought so. The o1.5 threw me off initially and I realized this wasn't supposed to be the main event so I wasn't sure

20. daggen Blue Belt

Yes thats true, i feel for Browne like i did for Nover last night, does not have that fighter mentality anymore. No bet for me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.