UFN 106 - Belfort vs Gastelum - Brazil

Status
Not open for further replies.
That said I do think Barboza's chin issues are overblown. Because Gil did hit him with solid shots late in that fight. So Barboza was already a bit tired, got hit clean, and still ate them. I realize Gil isn't a big puncher, but it still showed me that Barboza isn't some totally glass jawed guy that will crumble the first time someone lands clean on him.

His chin is iffy, there is no doubt. Its not glass but iffy.

His chin is iffy, there is no doubt. Its not glass but iffy.

Absolutely I think that's fair. That said, I don't rate Dariush as either a guy with monster power or a guy who's gonna put giant volume on Barb's chin. So in this fight specifically, I'm not super concerned.

Do we have new rules set in Brazil?

Barb/Benny FGD is same price as Barb ML. I kinda like that, either's guys best chance is a dec win

Barb/Benny FGD is same price as Barb ML. I kinda like that, either's guys best chance is a dec win

Don't hate that at all. Kinda depends on what you think Benny's chances actually are of getting a dec win in Brazil.

To me, Barb dec +145 is better than FGD at -170. I just don't think there's a very good chance Dariush wins a dec. He's not gonna outstrike Barb over 3 rds, and if he gets him down (I don't think he will) pretty good chance he subs him anway.

I think that's being a little too greedy. Barb and Dariush can def win ITD

Don't hate that at all. Kinda depends on what you think Benny's chances actually are of getting a dec win in Brazil.

To me, Barb dec +145 is better than FGD at -170. I just don't think there's a very good chance Dariush wins a dec. He's not gonna outstrike Barb over 3 rds, and if he gets him down (I don't think he will) pretty good chance he subs him anway.
JB brought up a good point about the pressure muay thai of Dariush, I don't think its inconceivable for Benny to pump that flick jab as a counter to the kicks. He probably won't be able to keep up the same volume and pressure that MJ did, and I think Barb's jab and overall boxing is better than Dariush's but it's something to consider. I don't see Benny getting TDs here, Barb's hips are insane.

How does Barb deal with southpaws?

JB brought up a good point about the pressure muay thai of Dariush, I don't think its inconceivable for Benny to pump that flick jab as a counter to the kicks. He probably won't be able to keep up the same volume and pressure that MJ did, and I think Barb's jab and overall boxing is better than Dariush's but it's something to consider. I don't see Benny getting TDs here, Barb's hips are insane.

How does Barb deal with southpaws?

I need to watch some tape, but iirc he's absolutely chewed up the inside of a couple lefties lead legs with inside leg kicks. He gets his right leg there so quickly it's difficult to counter, and he resets quickly as well so he's really not vulnerable to be countered for very long. The timing has to be perfect to catch him with a counter off it.

I need to watch some tape, but iirc he's absolutely chewed up the inside of a couple lefties lead legs with inside leg kicks. He gets his right leg there so quickly it's difficult to counter, and he resets quickly as well so he's really not vulnerable to be countered for very long. The timing has to be perfect to catch him with a counter off it.
Dude he chopped Pettis' front leg clean off, it was wild.

I need to rewatch the GIlbert fight and see what he stung him with.

Can Madadi get the SUB against Duffy?

a decision has to be more likely than a sub

Im keeping lee trinaldo thoughts to myself until line opens im paranoid.
<{nope}>
Kalikas - "I need the opinion of Sham5916910 before I can release this line"

Cmon I honestly can't believe anyone here thinks that they influence the way the lines are set. It's also pretty easy to predict how the lines will be set, what's harder is trying to predict how the public will move it. Lee vs Trinaldo line will probably be very tight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back