UFN 107 - Manuwa vs Anderson - London

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ight so what about a 2 man parlay between

Gunnar--Pickett
Gunnar--Manuwa

Yay or nay
If you like those 3 guys, I think you should do this:

Gunnar - Lansberg/Pudilova o2.5 parlay (Something like -125)
Pickett SU
Manuwa SU

Sorry i dont bet twats
Okay, then replace the girls over with something else relatively safe. Just trying to give some solid advice.

It would blow so bad for you if Gunnar won, but both Pickett and Manuwa lost so you win nothing on Gunnar. Or contrarily for Pickett and Manuwa to both win, but have those wins negated if Gunnar loses which would crack both parlays.

Play Picket and Manuwa straight and parlay Gunnar with something else that is relatively safe.

Gunnar looks extra shitty at weighins, man...

9950584.jpg

Potential value plays:

Entwistle R1 or SUB +600 or better (Fantastic play if you are already on the under, imo)
Bangbros R1 or KO +500 or better
Barroso DEC +325 or better
Jouban ML +250 or better
Madadi ML +450 or better
Steven Siler ML (WSOF) +240 or better (My favorite of all)

I have Breese in a couple parlays. Was thinking maybe Bamgose rd 1 at +525 might be an okay little semi-hedge there. Might put a tiny bit on that. I think if he wins it's more than likely by landing something big pretty early.

Gunnar looks extra shitty at weighins, man...

9950584.jpg

that's just ab distension. Nothing out of the ordinary. alot of people have that when they don't flex their abs. Wouldn't think too much of it.

I have Breese in a couple parlays. Was thinking maybe Bamgose rd 1 at +525 might be an okay little semi-hedge there. Might put a tiny bit on that. I think if he wins it's more than likely by landing something big pretty early.
Agree. I personally think that if he does win, it would happen at least like 80% of the time in R1. I think +525 R1 is way better than +250 ML

Like that rd1 prop too guys.^^^^^

Also I havent' bet it yet but I have a feeling Manuwa could get another Dr. stoppage. He's got crazy power and he already has two stoppages via causing injury against Diabate and by mangling Kingsbu's face beyond recognition. It could happen..... maybe. Dude has inhuman bone breaking type power.

edit:just looked him up to make sure my memory isn't fucked and completely forgot about the Jimmo fight (RIP). That's 3 STRAIGHT FIGHTS THAT HE WON BY INJURY/DR STOPPAGE. Who the fuck does that?!!? That's insane.

that's just ab distension. Nothing out of the ordinary. alot of people have that when they don't flex their abs. Wouldn't think too much of it.
this + anterior pelvic tilt

i think gunnar looks the same as ever. Thats just a really bad pic of him at the weigh in. Watch the video, he looks normal for him.

Madadi and Duffy

Joe Duffy is a massive lightweight with a vast array of weapons at his disposal. Particularly, Duffy is a high quality pugilist who combines this art with a Black Belt in Taekwondo and Brown and black belt in Brazilian and Japanese Jiu-Jitsu respectively. Predominately Joe is a striker who uses his standup first while always having that spectacular grappling in his back pocket. If we're talking analogies, Duffy is packing a magazine-fed, rotating-lock bolt air cooled AR-15 on the feet while simultaneously carrying a Smith & Wesson .38 caliber snubnose double-action duty revolver in his ankle holster. That's "just in case" Plan B of course. Plan B has resulted into nine wins via tap-out to cap off 13 of his 14 career finishes.

The cunning and docile ginger utilizes his deceivingly stoic demeanor to lull the opposition into a false sense of security before ruining them with the type of Irish violence that would make the IRA stand up and applaud.

Basically, Duffy looks so calm and sanguine, like the opposite of a man who cashes his checks off the back of breaking the bones of another man. That said, do not confuse a lack of hype and intensity for what is composure and confidence. Though Duffy is not as aesthetically frightening and intimidating as a prime Mike Tyson, that doesn't mean he can't end your night with a lightning quick strike of badassery vertical or horizontal. For reference see, Clarke, Mitch.

Utilizing every bit of his 76" reach, the Irishman employs a confusing striking stance as he is very free with his left hand often letting it dangle near his knees while gluing his right to his jaw. Additionally, he accentuates his unique posture by tucking his chin and crouching over with an acutely wide stance and markably bent knees that allow him to spring into his strikes thus amplifying the power to which they land.

Nevertheless, as good as Duffy's striking and grappling is, his one liability remains his takedown defense. This was exploited by Dustin Poirier recently and can very well see the same thing this weekend given the fact that Reza is an even better wrestler than Poirier is.

Madadi is a full inch taller, though he gives up the same unit in reach and most disconcerting is the fact that he is a decade older than Irish Joe.

Let's save ourselves some time here and not let me start breaking down the Madadi striking attack. Ostensibly it is all used as a smokescreen to set up his chain wrestling. I mean, Madadi does have serviceable boxing, but there is little imagination to his game as it is fairly rudimentary and he is at a significant disadvantage on the feet vs. the Irish pugilist. This fight comes down exclusively to how well each man can succeed with the wrestling. Can Reza implement it? Can Joe negate it? This is 90% of what will tell us who leaves victorious.

While the accolades are there, Madadi doesn't have the same skills of most American amateur wrestlers. That said, Madadi is a grinder of the highest caliber and has been grappling his whole life. A gritty bulldog, Reza has competed in wrestling since he was a teenager. Specifically, Madadi was wrestling before music was digital, phone booths, were on on every corner and owning a pager was the shit. Wrestling was good for Reza and he was good at it as he won the 2002 and 2003 Swedish championships and participated in both the Greco-Roman and Freestyle disciplines.

When Madadi is able to get his wrestling going he can wear on you better than a Kardashian can wear a handbag. A handbag that was the possibility purchased by Mad-Dog himself on the black market.

At any rate, after mulling over copious footage, I still see a lot of holes in the Duffy takedown defense. Holes that can be exploited by a really good wrestler like Madadi.

Poitier absolutely made Joe Duffy's life miserable with wrestling and I can see MadDog having similar success. Not only do I believe that the odds are out of whack here, but I actually believe Madadi is going to win this fight outright.

So long as he doesn't get reckless and get clipped on the way in, I believe this fight goes the distance and Madadi does enough to win a unanimous decision. Remember, not only is Madadi a good wrestler, but he also is a purple belt in Brazilian jujitsu.

What's more, when a fight goes past the opening stanza, Duffy is a modest 50% as he has only picked up victories in two of the four contests with such criteria.

Finally, Reza is grimy as fuck — like a Michael Chiesa or Dan Kelly — and over performs due to toughness as he did against the much better fighter in Michael Johnson.. Duffy will really have to beat him down to get him to quit and I don't think he does so. Madadi has good wrestling, good cardio, and lots of heart. Meanwhile, I seen a bit of quit in Duffy when Poirier started to put the screws to him. Reza could make this an ugly fight and I can see Joe mentally checking out again.

At these odds I am definitely making a moderate play on old Handbags.

Reza Madadi to defeat Joe Duffy by UD
I think you a reaching here. Reza is an old bum now, Norman Parke 30-27'd him. The Joe Duffy that fought Poirier has since improved, he's been living at Tri Star for over a year now. There is no comparison between Porier and Reza, they are on two different levels.

Duffy is going to box his face off, obviously

I don't disagree guys but there's still that huge grappling edge for Gunnar. Value is on Jouban for sure but nothing I'd go crazy on here...

didn't gunnar just have a kid? could be a major distraction.

BTW, I took Enty u1.5 at -150 and love it, and if I could still get Johns DEC at +975 I would take it too, as a pseudo hedge. Both lines are sick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back