UFN 110 - Lewis vs Hunt - New Zealand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mcgregorian

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
IF Hunt was to lose this fight i think it's his last for sure. However i don't see this happening here. It's Hunts home and after his last two fights he has something to prove.

Also Lewis was so fucking lucky to beat Browne. That fight was unreal. How Browne didn't finish him off i don't know. Hunt is a league above Browne.

What i do know is Hunt's leg kicks will destroy Lewis. If Hunt uses his fight IQ i think he's got this in the bag.

Masses of travel for Lewis who lets be fair is not a disciplined high IQ fighter. As much as i respect his unique outlook. This fight won't end well for him.

Ben Nguyen to beat Elliott by DEC......

IF Hunt was to lose this fight i think it's his last for sure. However i don't see this happening here. It's Hunts home and after his last two fights he has something to prove.

Also Lewis was so fucking lucky to beat Browne. That fight was unreal. How Browne didn't finish him off i don't know. Hunt is a league above Browne.

What i do know is Hunt's leg kicks will destroy Lewis. If Hunt uses his fight IQ i think he's got this in the bag.

Masses of travel for Lewis who lets be fair is not a disciplined high IQ fighter. As much as i respect his unique outlook. This fight won't end well for him.

Ben Nguyen to beat Elliott by DEC......

Nguyen is getting ruined.

Nguyen is getting ruined.

People will get wise now to Elliott. Stylistically he's too predictable and his hands are always very low. He will be exposed in this fight. Nguyen striking and speed will come good. Nguyen will be one to watch if he can progress and move to a better gym.....

People will get wise now to Elliott. Stylistically he's too predictable and his hands are always very low. He will be exposed in this fight. Nguyen striking and speed will come good. Nguyen will be one to watch if he can progress and move to a better gym.....

You can't get wise to Elliott as he's so unpredictable. He has excellent takedowns he will take Ben down at will and dominate him on the mat. Ben lost 10 years of his life against Smolka who ruined him on the mat.

You can't get wise to Elliott as he's so unpredictable. He has excellent takedowns he will take Ben down at will and dominate him on the mat. Ben lost 10 years of his life against Smolka who ruined him on the mat.

I don't agree. Watch the way he takes people down. Pretty much the same way every time. Nguyen will of course work on his TDD every day up until this fight. IF he can stop some of those he will batter Elliott on the feet. Judging by your response Sham I'm hoping Elliott will be a heavy favourite....

I don't agree. Watch the way he takes people down. Pretty much the same way every time. Nguyen will of course work on his TDD every day up until this fight. IF he can stop some of those he will batter Elliott on the feet. Judging by your response Sham I'm hoping Elliott will be a heavy favourite....

Dude go watch Elliott's fights it doesn't matter if his takedowns are the same every time much like it doesn't matter that Maia's takedowns are the same everytime. Elliott has the best takedowns in the division. The weight cut is a concern tho due to the long flight.

Edit: Looks like Elliott went on a bender to Thailand after his last fight confidence decrease

Last edited:
Dude go watch Elliott's fights it doesn't matter if his takedowns are the same every time much like it doesn't matter that Maia's takedowns are the same everytime. Elliott has the best takedowns in the division. The weight cut is a concern tho due to the long flight.

Edit: Looks like Elliott went on a bender to Thailand after his last fight confidence decrease

Sham the Maia point is valid for sure. But Elliotts TD's aren't exactly followed by decent GAP or submission attempts. It's pretty easy for fighters to get back up. Don't get me wrong i was big on Elliott last fight. I like him. The Thailand fact is a big confidence increase for Ben....

The travel really should be considered in this card. Not to mention the time zone change for American fighters. It does fuck you up. Some more than others...

Hunt is old, he's pushing mid 40's which for fighters is the absolute end of the road, unless they go the chemical route.

I think the FUC are giving him Lewis (who is murdering guys right now) as punishment for the Brock law suite and/or fighters union stuff not to mention all the trash he said about them to the media, etc.

It would be crazy to pick Hunt over Lewis at this point in their respective careers. I expect Lewis to be a huge favorite.

Hunt is old, he's pushing mid 40's which for fighters is the absolute end of the road, unless they go the chemical route.

I think the FUC are giving him Lewis (who is murdering guys right now) as punishment for the Brock law suite and/or fighters union stuff not to mention all the trash he said about them to the media, etc.

It would be crazy to pick Hunt over Lewis at this point in their respective careers. I expect Lewis to be a huge favorite.

Giving Hunt a main event in New Zealand is hardly a punishment JDB. It's a fucking blessing.

I hope Lewis is a huge favourite. But regardless of age Hunt's fight IQ and heart will win him this fight. Lewis can KO anybody but look how badly he was hurt by Brownes leg kicks. Hunt will fuck that big belly up and chew up the legs.

Hunt still has much better Cardio. Lets not forget Hunt went 5 rounds with Miocic only two years ago. Lewis has never gone past 4 rounds. Hunt is great at body shots. Lewis will not make it past round 3.....

Last edited:
Note: Lewis has never fought outside of North America

It would be be crazy to pick Hunt? Has black beast magically become a good striker or something? Or are you just saying that cause of this bizarro claim Lewis wins cause he's a punishment opponent for Hunt suing?

Sorry mcgregorian but Hunt is done. I know ur Aussie and like hunt but its all over for him. Derrick has better gas tank at this point and is on the roll. Hunt is on the downside. That lawsuit and being fucking 43 years old is a huge factor. I think he shows up for the paycheck. His last two wins are against Mir and Bigfoor who are chinny as fuck.

Giving Hunt a main event in New Zealand is hardly a punishment JDB. It's a fucking blessing.

I hope Lewis is a huge favourite. But regardless of age Hunt's fight IQ and heart will win him this fight. Lewis can KO anybody but look how badly he was hurt by Brownes leg kicks. Hunt will fuck that big belly up and chew up the legs.

Hunt still has much better Cardio. Lets not forget Hunt went 5 rounds with Miocic only two years ago. Lewis has never gone past 4 rounds. Hunt is great at body shots. Lewis will not make it past round 3.....

He didn't go a full 5 rounds hahah and was on his back the whole time exhausted.

Not if he gets destroyed on his home turf.

2 years ago in fighter years is a long time, at 43 years old, he should be seriously done. It's been quite a while since he fought, too.

I'm not sure what Hunt's plan is, maybe he wants to get this win in his home country and retire on a W. If that's his plan I can understand, but if it's anything else he's crazy because he's too old and he has fucking terrible relationship with his employer.

Can we stop capping this fight like dummies talking about age and lawsuits and actually look how their skills match up?

Can we stop capping this fight like dummies talking about age and lawsuits and actually look how their skills match up?
may as well cut the bullshit they say in the interviews? what happens outside the octagon is a factor. clearly your attention is somewhere else when u deal with lawsuits. prime hunt beats himbut at this point hunt looks terrible. he is not gonna wrestle derrick.

may as well cut the bullshit they say in the interviews? what happens outside the octagon is a factor. clearly your attention is somewhere else when u deal with lawsuits. prime hunt beats himbut at this point hunt looks terrible. he is not gonna wrestle derrick.
It wasn't a factor vs Reem, so theres no need to continue to speculate on it affecting his performance in any way. Dk how you can say Hunt looks terrible, when its actually the opposite and he still looked pretty vintage vs Reem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back