UFN 112 - Chiesa vs Lee - Oklahoma City

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had an injury (ribs), I was supposed to fight on the Denver card, Jordan Johnson, last fight I couldn't pull the trigger (Devin Clark), went out flat, won't let that happen again, I like the matchup (Kimball), my style works on his, did my camp in Vegas at Syndicate, alot of tough guys, added alot of tools, training with Spicely, Cory Hendricks, Tom Lawlor (6 weeks), I'm bigger now, 2nd round KO, he fades in fights, I promise I'll leave it all in the cage

I don't dislike him, he's always seemed like a nice kid, I don't let emotion play in my fights, this is the first injury that has put me out, was tough, I'm not immortal, but the break was the best thing for me, body is fresh, back is good, I would still sit and watch at gym, rehab at home, I'm confident, He's probably the most explosive athletic guy I've faced, but he's not the toughest, I plan to take advantage, toughness will be a big factor in this fight, I'm tougher, I spent 5 weeks in Michigan, affiliate gym, new looks, excited to fight, starting my weight cut early, I'm excited, I'm having fun again, 6-7 pound cut, I don't look past him, but I always look ahead, I already have fighters I want to fight

Training twice a day, I've been in California (Kings MMA) for 4 months, I'm a changed fighter, different animal, he's a striker, he might try to take me down, he can't keep up with me, my pace, technique, or I can take him down, I want to stand, Sean Strickland and Machida are here as well, Gastelum, best camp, best shape, he's not an easy guy to finish, I want a 30-27, He's 39/40, he won't keep up with my pace, I have subs too

I don't know man. He put Masvidal on his ass. He also was lighting up Lauzon. Obviously grappling is his go to, but if he can't get it there, he is throwing hard.
I think the Masvidal shot was a fortunate one. After you mentioned the Lauzon fight I decided to go back and watch. Safe to say he was not really beating Lauzon on the feet. Watch Chiesa's last fight vs Dariush. Dariush was eating him on the feet Chiesa had almost no offense and looked just flat out awful.

Chiesa needs Lee to gas in this fight to win basically (That is my opinion on this fight) It can happen with Lee's large weight cut, but Lee is the better fighter. Chiesa has great conditioning some of the best in the division, but I need to bet on the better fighter.

Vibe at Roufusport has been great, got injured then right back in the grind, we're a family, you don't want to stand with me, but most of my wins are by submissions, I asked for a vet, Miller, Guida, Dunham, Felder is here, we all have fights coming up, Pettis is grinding, Biggie has a fight coming up, my weight has never been an issue, I will finish, I'm coming for a title shot, I will smash Guida, he's a grinder, he's coming back up to 155, I want Poirier fight again

Trinaldo is a better striker then Chiesa. Chiesa has never shown power with his hands either

True but I think Lee has a bit of a chin problem, gets rocked pretty often. I also feel like Chiesa will end up getting the better of the scrambles if Lee does go for takedowns, he's crafty as fuck.

Was supposed to fight him last month, Jared Gordon couldn't make weight, we both had 3 weeks last fight, he is a big boy, training at ATT, training with young prospects, round robin, I didn't know I had a fight until I came back from the UFC retreat, 3-4 weeks out again, weight cut is much better this time, last time sucked, I want to finish

(added the older video below)
My striking is superior, if he takes me down, I'll pop back up, skill for skill he's not on my level, he'll have to beat me by luck

Time for the grind, alot of people come to the UFC and flop, that will not happen, I'm here to help other addicts, martial arts is why I'm alive

I'm going to be on Chiesa. I was a guy who underestimated Chiesa in the past, but I think his fights with Trinaldo and Dariush show just how good he can be. I mean he absolutely dominated Trinaldo. He even got 10-8s, and that was back when they weren't handing them out easily. Subbing Dariush is extremely impressive as well. I just feel he jumps on opportunities much better, and there is likely to be opportunities in a 5 rounder.

I am leaning Chiesa, but think I will just enjoy this one. Lee is the better athlete, better wrestler and has faster hands, but for some reason I just can't trust the guy. Might be because Leanardo Santos knocked his block off. Chiesa is a dangerous guy, especially in a 5-rounder and I agree all it takes is one mistake, which Lee has been prone to make.

Last edited:
https://mmaoddsbreaker.com/news/11861-full-ufc-fight-night-112-opening-betting-odds

Main Card - (FS1, 9PM ET)

Michael Chiesa -120
Kevin Lee -120

Over 2.5 -135
Under 2.5 -105
-

Tim Boetsch +175
Johny Hendricks -245

Over 2.5 -165
Under 2.5 +125
-

Felice Herrig +140
Justine Kish -180

Over 2.5 -270
Under 2.5 +190
-

Joachim Christensen +195
Dominick Reyes -275

Over 1.5 -115
Under 1.5 -125
-

Alex Garcia +180
Tim Means -260

Over 1.5 -155
Under 1.5 +155
-

B.J. Penn +140
Dennis Siver -180

Over 2.5 -135
Under 2.5 -105
-

Preliminary Card - (FS1, 7PM ET)

Clay Guida +185
Erik Koch -265

Over 2.5 -130
Under 2.5 -110
-

Maryna Moroz +170
Carla Esparza -230

Over 2.5 -245
Under 2.5 +175
-

Devin Powell +180
Darrell Horcher -260

Over 2.5 -215
Under 2.5 +165
-

Preliminary Card - (UFC Fight Pass, 5:30PM ET)

Michel Quinones +100
Jared Gordon -140

Over 2.5 -175
Under 2.5 +135
-

Josh Stansbury -110
Jeremy Kimball -130

Over 1.5 -180
Under 1.5 +140
-

Johnny Case -110
Tony Martin -130

Over 2.5 -170
Under 2.5 +130
-

Vitor Miranda +160
Marvin Vettori -210

Over 2.5 -140
Under 2.5 +100
-

i definitely like herrig +140

maybe's on:
garcia +180
siver -180
stansbury -110
miranda +160

o2.5 sadly super pricey on
herrig-kish
esparza-moroz

whatcha lookin for

Really like Stansbury at that price. Think it gets bet up because of Kimball's debut. Planning to freeroll. If not, happy with Josh at that price.

Old interview before last debut - (May), Jared pulled out because of food poison symptoms

My goal is to use my fighting as a platform for other addicts, I will UFC champion, I have horrible anxiety, I train at Church street boxing and Renzo Gracies, best grapplers, strikers, I teach boxing, I'm a brown belt under Danaher, I train wrestling at Edge Hoboken, and I have a sport therapist, I know already won a fight before I go into it, my last fight was 4 rounds, so I know I can push the pace, remember fighting 10 years ago before MMA was legal in NYC, fought in mexico 4 times

took a bunch on herrig +140

and a unit on siver -180 to start (hope i don't regret that one)

edit: and a bunch on stansbury -110 & a very small bet on miranda +160 (don't know which way that will move)

Really like Stansbury at that price. Think it gets bet up because of Kimball's debut. Planning to freeroll. If not, happy with Josh at that price.
i'm gonna hit that too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back