UFN 117 PBP/Discussion

Solid event. Main wager on Kondo pulled through thankfully.

+$879

Congrats to whoever was on jessica. Havent even watched the fights yet haha. Special shoutout to the elite posters on this forum, you know who you are.

lmfao @ anyone hyped over Gokhan's performance. Dude gassed and almost got KOd by fn Frankenstein. Life is gonna be hard for him when he faces an actual td threat.

Exactly, but people remember the brutal looking KO, not that he sounded like he'd lost his inhaler during the post fight interview...

Exactly, but people remember the brutal looking KO, not that he sounded like he'd lost his inhaler during the post fight interview...
Works for bettors. Hopefully he stays juiced. I have zero doubts hes still gonna matched with strikers though, but I think at the very least if that happens this was a good fight to make one realize to avoid him if hes too juiced in those match ups as hes susceptible to getting Joe Schilling'd at any time with his cardio + lack of good MMA defense (or just zero care for it)

I’m still pretty bummed about last night. I picked every fight except Claudia and ended up losing big. To me that’s just unacceptable. I pissed away almost two weeks of crushing mlb and Nfl

Lost more chasing massive plus odds on Okami even though I favored osp. Osps itd line went from -185 to -280 and I backed off of it as my hedge

Regarding the gadelha fight: I had too much confidence that she had fixed her cardio issues. Now that I really think about it I can’t think of any fighters who have managed to fix their bad cardio. I almost think it’s genetic.

I still think Claudia is superior everywhere, obviously excluding cardio.
She was beating Andrade up worse than jj. She was able to take her down multiple times but couldn’t hold her down.

Gadelha looked like her cardio fell off a cliff in the second rd. She was no longer able to keep up her movement and succumbed to Andrade. Andrade realized Claudia was gassing and went into full on berserker mode

What did I learn tonight?

1. Don’t go heavy on massive favorites. I might not bet over -200 again. I had plenty of better value plays that I could’ve went more huga on.

2. Extremely rare that a fighter will fix bad cardio.

3. I need to love odds/value more than I love matchups. I got killed on shevchenko and Claudia. I love both those hoes as fighters and I thought they matched up very well against their opponents. But in restrospect there wasn’t any value in Claudia’s line and schevys line wasn’t great either. Those were both close matchups on paper.

Even though Claudia is technically superior in every aspect, her cardio was what did her in. Styles make fights and I loved the stylistic matchup. I didnt think she would gas until the third, if it happened at all.

She tried to match andrades bull strength and gassed doing so

Andrade surprised me last night. But in retrospect, it wasn’t that surprising. I don’t care if a fighter moves to mt Everest to train, if theyve gassed, they will gas again

Can anyone think of fighters who have fixed bad cardio? Nothing really coming to mind here.

Last edited:
Prime BJ had cardio issues til he worked with Marv Marinovich. Anthony Smith used to be a one round fighter, but I think he had lyme disease and trains in elevation now and since the Mutapcic fight thats no longer the case. Thats really all I got though, pretty interesting observation

Nunes just arguably won a 5th round, though it was a slow paced fight

She actually implemented a gameplan. She stayed away from grappling exchanges and the clinch. She didn’t go after shevchenko. She was much more calculated. I was surprised. I figured she would do what she always does.

If she gets pushed, she’ll gas just like Claudia did. If shevchenko tried to initiate the clinch or pushed for takedowns I think she would’ve broke nunes.

Can anyone think of fighters who have fixed bad cardio? Nothing really coming to mind here.

Tony Martin to go with those mentioned, but his was also a medical issue. Some guys just can't have great cardio. VO2 max and whatnot

Back