UFN 119 PBP/Discussion

I don't disagree that Colby has the style to beat Woodley with his pace and conditioning over 5 rounds to win a decision and Woodley's lack of volume.

Colby's striking leaves a lot to be desired, he slightly lunges when he strikes with his head forward and makes it harder to reset, that leaves him really vulnerable to Woodley's counter. Colby has never been Ko'd and is probably really tough but if Lawler is dropping, so is Colby.

Not a big Woodley fan but he has a strong fight IQ and does what he needs to , to win fights.

forget the lunging, colby punches are slow, telegraphed and lack power.

this isnt even taking into consideration setting traps or proper footwork, which is completely out of his skill set.

I don't disagree that Colby has the style to beat Woodley with his pace and conditioning over 5 rounds to win a decision and Woodley's lack of volume.

Colby's striking leaves a lot to be desired, he slightly lunges when he strikes with his head forward and makes it harder to reset, that leaves him really vulnerable to Woodley's counter. Colby has never been Ko'd and is probably really tough but if Lawler is dropping, so is Colby.

Not a big Woodley fan but he has a strong fight IQ and does what he needs to , to win fights.
Sure, I can understand that but I still favour Covington to get it done. Woodley also willingly puts his back to the fence in every fight which would be great for Covington to cage push or shoot, Covington is a great cage wrestler.

Covington also says he made Woodley quit in the gym. They were meant to go 5 rounds and Woodley could only go 3, couldn't handle the pace.

Bottom line, if Woodley doesn't get an early KO, he's in deep water, he can not match the pace and pressure of Covington.

And LOL at all the people that are acting like Covington is a striker and he needs to strike to beat Woodley. If your name isn't Damien Maia, Colby Covington is taking you down.

Covington GOAT vs Woodley needs to happen next, I really want to see that fight now and I think Covington can sell it, he plays the heel so well. Covington just whooped Maia worse than Woodley and he did it in Brazil. The callout by Covington was great too, UFC like that stuff, look where it got Kevin Lee.

What other options are there for Woodley?
The winner of Masvidal vs Thompson.....imagine if Thompson won, no one on this earth wants to watch Thompson vs Woodley for a 3rd time. And Masvidal just lost to Maia, if you call that a loss.

The winner of Lawler vs RDA.....Neither guy vs Woodley is as intriguing as Covington vs Woodley. RDA and Lawler can't sell fights.

UFC better give Covington the shot, he's earned it 100% and it's the smart move from a business perspective.

I would bet Covington to beat Woodley too, I think the pace and pressure would give Woodley big problems, people that don't think Covington has a legit shot to win that fight are crazy.

You left out the most deserving man. The one who’s always overlooked. “The Problem” AKA “The Nigerian nightmare“ Kamaru “Mo’fuckin” Usman!

If he runs through EWM like I expect in December and Woodley still doesn’t have a flight scheduled, there is no way you can deny a fighter with EIGHT straight victories his title shot. At least you should have Usman vs. Covington for the number one contender match.

I think the Nigerian is the most dangerous man in the division right now. Only getting better.

Congrats on the CC win though. I know we were in the minority on that one.

By the way, not sure if anyone noticed but Maia it actually ended up closing as the favorite. I put an extra hundred dollars or Colby directly before the fight started and he was -101 (IIRC)

Last edited:
Killed It tonight with Colby Covington him

You left out the most deserving man. The one who’s always overlooked. “The Problem” AKA “The Nigerian nightmare“ Kamaru “Mo’fuckin” Usman!

If he runs through EWM like I expect in December and Woodley still doesn’t have a flight scheduled, there is no way you can deny a fighter with EIGHT straight victories his title shot. At least you should have Usman vs. Covington for the number one contender match.

I think the Nigerian is the most dangerous man in the division right now. Only getting better.

Congrats on the CC win though. I know we were in the minority on that one.

By the way, not sure if anyone noticed but Maia it actually ended up closing as the favorite. I put an extra hundred dollars or Colby directly before the fight started and he was -101 (IIRC)
Yeah thanks, good win, fight went exactly how I thought it would too, just a great event for betting.

Usman is a problem for everyone but why in the hell is he fighting Meek? that fight makes no sense. Usman should be getting a step up in competition, he's on a good win streak but he's not beating high level fighters so I don't think he deserves to be in the title conversation right now. I wanna see him beat a top 10 or top 5 first.

Usman vs Meek is a joke, Usman will probably open -500 or -600

Yeah thanks, good win, fight went exactly how I thought it would too, just a great event for betting.

Usman is a problem for everyone but why in the hell is he fighting Meek? that fight makes no sense. Usman should be getting a step up in competition, he's on a good win streak but he's not beating high level fighters so I don't think he deserves to be in the title conversation right now. I wanna see him beat a top 10 or top 5 first.

Usman vs Meek is a joke, Usman will probably open -500 or -600

Yep, Usman fighting Meek is fucking goonish. But totally expected with new mgt. But all of the top welterweights are tied up with other fights or injured as we speak so there’s that. Plus the Nightmare doesn’t like waiting around and wants to remain active. Ergo, the brass gave him another warm body to feast on.

Re: his record/resume — it’s not just who he’s been beating but rather it’s HOW he’s been been beating them. Until Maia last night, Colby hadn’t beaten a big name either and was much less impressive IMO. Additionally, he actually got choked out by Warley Alves who Usman just tuned up In a one-sided drubbing from pillar to post recently..Then he went out and fucking dusted Sergio Moraes in the first frame while looking every bit of a part of a killer. So you can only beat who they put in front of you and right now he’s doing that without even losing rounds.

But I think I’ll be coming at 10 versus the Nigerian would be a fucking born brother of a match and great title eliminator mu. In my opinion they should scrap the Meek. MU and give Covington and Usman the tilt now.

At the end of the day though my goal is to make sure that nobody forgets the Nigerian Nightmare.

There is footage of his uncle online the DNA has broke always in those veins. Lol
giphy.gif

Against Woodley I imagine his gameplan would be the same. Whats he gonna do, try to have a slow kickboxing contest against a more explosive guy with better accuracy and power and experience and who throws a lot more technical?

I really thought Colby could've been a bad match up before this fight. Now idk how anyone can think, barring a granite chin, Colby doesn't die when we got a look at how bad his standup is with those wide swings and head always in one spot to be hit.

I think he would use his wrestling more against Woodley.

agreed i don't think woodley is even top 5 at ww.

Nah, it's possible there are 5 fighters who could beat Woodley but that doesn't mean he isn't top 5. There's probably nobody at welterweight who beats everyone else but someone still has to be the champion. Wins over Lawler, Wonderboy and Maia and undefeated in over three years is a better record than anyone else.

I'm TnT ie. explosive like dynamite baby. Listening to "Thunderstruck" to get amped like you wouldn't believe because I keep going & going & going like the Energizer bunny. I got AC-DC current running through my body shocking the bookies with electricity *Zap* This ain't Mortal Combat, but you can call me Raiden from now on!!

So let's recap:

-3 for 3 on my picks for team Barry.
-Styles make fights
-Name recognition is more often than not -EV
-Pick your spots (too many plays = suicide)
-Value is the only way to win in the long run
-Crushing my plays something like 24-7 on UFC picks

SRjoSjG.jpg

- Barry

I'm TnT ie. explosive like dynamite baby. Listening to "Thunderstruck" to get amped like you wouldn't believe because I keep going & going & going like the Energizer bunny. I got AC-DC current running through my body shocking the bookies with electricity *Zap* This ain't Mortal Combat, but you can call me Raiden from now on!!

So let's recap:

-Styles make fights

SRjoSjG.jpg

- Barry
Respect

How many units are you up this year?

https://www.mmafighting.com/2017/10...k-injury-12-days-before-ufc-sao-paulo-win-mma

Apparently Zaleski was fighting injured. I'll cut him some slack for not getting that finish for me lol.

I knew something was up with him. He looked terrible, I thought he had a bad cut and/or gassed himself going for the early finish or injured something during the fight. That's how bad he looked. Hopefully his stock goes down a bit and we get him at a better price in the future when healthy.

So let's recap:

-Styles make fights

SRjoSjG.jpg

- Barry
Why do you only win when you don't post your plays before hand?

that shit's pretty funny I gotta admit.

nothing compared to when bernard hopkins literally had to jump down a floor fleeing 1000 angry puerto ricans

difference between chael and colby is sonnen was a natural as opposed to covington clearly being manufactured

1 Robbie Lawler
2 Stephen Thompson
3 Demian Maia
4 Jorge Masvidal
5 Rafael Dos Anjos
6 Carlos Condit 1
7 Colby Covington 1
8 Darren Till *NR
9 Donald Cerrone 3
10 Santiago Ponzinibbio

masvidal, rda, condit (in a 5 rounder), colby, till, ponz all beat woodley imo.

I just cannot get behind this at all. I think Woodley wins pretty handily against all of those guys, with RDA probably being the most difficult matchup. Woodley is honestly a nightmare matchup for Condit and Colby especially

I just cannot get behind this at all. I think Woodley wins pretty handily against all of those guys, with RDA probably being the most difficult matchup. Woodley is honestly a nightmare matchup for Condit and Colby especially

well we'll get to find out soon. i'm guessing either masvidal, rda or colby first.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back