UFN 157 on ESPN+ 15 Andrade vs Zhang

null

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
dadVPen.jpg

Zhang is chinny and Andrade walks forward throwing bombs non stop which is probably enough to win. She might also dump her head first to the ground.

Prelim start time is 3 am ET according to what I saw on the last UFC broadcast. Too late to stay up all night for, too early to wake up for. Might be the first card in a long while that I don't watch live.

Prelim start time is 3 am ET according to what I saw on the last UFC broadcast. Too late to stay up all night for, too early to wake up for. Might be the first card in a long while that I don't watch live.
You can be a european for a day. It's good fun; you'll be able to return to your normal sleep schedule just in time for next weekends card ;).

Why is Santos fighting that guy? He should be fighting a top 15 dude.

Zhang is chinny and Andrade walks forward throwing bombs non stop which is probably enough to win. She might also dump her head first to the ground.
Andrades forward pressure/ wrestling should handle this, although i will say Jessicas striking looked far worse than I remember after tape,
The kicker here for me was Torres reversed/ got the best of weili 2 times when wrestling; if Torres can do it, id assume Jessica will be able to dominate there

my entire sleeping schedule is optimised for the ufc, i hate early morning cards.

Not done with my research but I'm leaning heavily towards Andrade.

Weili had some ugly fights against low level cans in the chinese scene. Just watched both Sattelmeyer fights and she can definitely get taken down. She gave up some single legs and that's Andrade's go to takedown.

https://ok.ru/video/286735143177

Then she fought Marilia Santos who we saw recently on the Contender Series and she dropped her with that brazilian zombie style. I noticed that Zhang is quite chinny even in her UFC debut. She does get wobbled.

Zhang will struggle with the punches especially as a kick heavy fighter who will not have much space to throw her kicks and the strength Andrade has in the grappling. For now I can only see her win by some guard sub. Andrade got subbed a few times in the past. She looks way better these days though. I bet Weili in her first 3 UFC fights but this seems to be the time to jump off the Weili train.

Not done with my research but I'm leaning heavily towards Andrade.

Weili had some ugly fights against low level cans in the chinese scene. Just watched both Sattelmeyer fights and she can definitely get taken down. She gave up some single legs and that's Andrade's go to takedown.

https://ok.ru/video/286735143177

Then she fought Marilia Santos who we saw recently on the Contender Series and she dropped her with that brazilian zombie style. I noticed that Zhang is quite chinny even in her UFC debut. She does get wobbled.

Zhang will struggle with the punches especially as a kick heavy fighter who will not have much space to throw her kicks and the strength Andrade has in the grappling. For now I can only see her win by some guard sub. Andrade got subbed a few times in the past. She looks way better these days though. I bet Weili in her first 3 UFC fights but this seems to be the time to jump off the Weili train.

Andrades got a long way to travel for this fight

Despite her having butch lesbian farmhouse strength, her striking really isn’t very good. She just kind of chases with wild hooks hoping she can close the distance to get a takedown

Weili is much more fluent and might be able to keep her at range for periods of the fight using her kicks to control range like she did against torres

Weili also has been eating her special Chinese spinach so she’s very strong. Doubt she’s strong enough to match the bull shark testosterone of andrade

Weili May get dropped but she does recover well.

I was looking for reasons not to go big on Andrade

You need top tier footwork to outmaneuver Android and even then at some point you're gonna get grabbed. Joanna got taken down but has top tier pass blocking and get ups, my girl Thug Rose was looking sharp and elusive and had a good counter with them kimura grips but she fell apart I'm sad to say. Even said herself she didn't wanna be there after a round. Happy to get ko'd. Not that it pertains to this matchup much.

Anyway how does Weili win? I guess hometown cooking will give her a round automatically but it's 115 pounds so a ko is super unlikely especially against the powerhouse Android, doubtful Weili gets in a position to submit Andrade and getting walked down, bombed on and grabbed ahold of is gonna make it extremely hard to land enough kicks to make it a convincing argument you got the better of the fight.

I'm really struggling to not take all my savings + borrow as much money as I can and fly to Vegas to put it on Andrade.

Surely Weili can do what Rose and Joanna did. Sure AnROID is scary but no way she is keeping that belt for a long time and at these odds, I'm riding with my dawg Magnum.

You need top tier footwork to outmaneuver Android and even then at some point you're gonna get grabbed. Joanna got taken down but has top tier pass blocking and get ups, my girl Thug Rose was looking sharp and elusive and had a good counter with them kimura grips but she fell apart I'm sad to say. Even said herself she didn't wanna be there after a round. Happy to get ko'd. Not that it pertains to this matchup much.

Anyway how does Weili win? I guess hometown cooking will give her a round automatically but it's 115 pounds so a ko is super unlikely especially against the powerhouse Android, doubtful Weili gets in a position to submit Andrade and getting walked down, bombed on and grabbed ahold of is gonna make it extremely hard to land enough kicks to make it a convincing argument you got the better of the fight.

I'm really struggling to not take all my savings + borrow as much money as I can and fly to Vegas to put it on Andrade.

I’m on the same page as you for the most part. But Weili does have 1” reach advantage, solid striking, enough power to maybe score a knockdown and finish on the ground. Or maybe she lands enough volume on a hittable andrade to win a home decision if she survives

Even though she is chinny and Andrade is powerful, Andrade doesn’t get that many KO’s. Just Karolina, Penne, and a fluky KO of Rose.

So the bad situation for Andrade is Weili edges out the striking and doesn’t wilt from pressure, pace, and cumulative damage for 5 rounds. Andrade is somewhat powerful but she’s still a 115 girl herself.

But Andrade is the much better wrestler + athlete who will do more damage over the course of the fight so I think this fight is a clear fave or pass

Don't forget it is WMMA. I feel the degen mentality though, trying not to mortgage my house on Khabib

I’m on the same page as you for the most part. But Weili does have 1” reach advantage, solid striking, enough power to maybe score a knockdown and finish on the ground. Or maybe she lands enough volume on a hittable andrade to win a home decision if she survives

Even though she is chinny and Andrade is powerful, Andrade doesn’t get that many KO’s. Just Karolina, Penne, and a fluky KO of Rose.

So the bad situation for Andrade is Weili edges out the striking and doesn’t wilt from pressure, pace, and cumulative damage for 5 rounds. Andrade is somewhat powerful but she’s still a 115 girl herself.

But Andrade is the much better wrestler + athlete who will do more damage over the course of the fight so I think this fight is a clear fave or pass
Imo Weili is The better athlete ,look how fookin big she is
Jessica-vs-Zhang-Weili-ufc-shenzhen.jpg

Also it needs to be pointed out that Weilis one good win (Torres) doesnt look so good now post Uruguay, Zhang has a distance striking ptv as far as im concerned, but its kinda a reach

Back