UFN 157 on ESPN+ 15 Andrade vs Zhang

Andrades got a long way to travel for this fight

Despite her having butch lesbian farmhouse strength, her striking really isn’t very good. She just kind of chases with wild hooks hoping she can close the distance to get a takedown

Weili is much more fluent and might be able to keep her at range for periods of the fight using her kicks to control range like she did against torres

Weili also has been eating her special Chinese spinach so she’s very strong. Doubt she’s strong enough to match the bull shark testosterone of andrade

Weili May get dropped but she does recover well.

I was looking for reasons not to go big on Andrade

Andrade is already in China. She is finishing her camp in the new UFC PI over there.

Her striking isn’t the best but she has become a good puncher. She rotates well when she throws hooks and she added body shots & a decent inside low kick to her arsenal.

This is still WMMA and strawweight. Jessica Andrade is so fucking strong that Claudia Gadelha says it’s unfair lol. You can go a veeeery long way with power and pressure. She really doesn’t need much technique. Jessica moves forward, throws big punches, has endless cardio and if the striking doesn’t work, she will dump you on your head.

You need good hands to beat her. Joanna has a good jab, Rose has good boxing and had success until she got just slammed lol. Tecia Torres is a Taekwando kicker trying to score points. Andrade comes to do damage. It’s way easier to stay on the outside against Tecia than Andrade. I don’t see the boxing in Weili Zhang. Her hands are worse than her kicks actually. Danielle Taylor even rocked her. Andrade can knock these girls out with one punch on the right day.

Weili also never went 5 rounds before. We know that Andrade can walk forward for 5 rounds like nothing happened.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, the thing with Jessica is that you might outpoint her for a while and it looks like she gets outclassed but when she realises that she is losing the striking, she just picks her opponents up and slams them lol.

Even Joanna and Rose got caught and they are by far the most skilled fighters in that division. Weili‘s competition has been very low despite Tecia who is just a gatekeeper.

At a glance I don't like much on this card. Probably have something Jessica, the Leech is a possibility and Grundy.

I'm not watching tape for anything else because I don't care enough about them to bother

On Andrade -152 for 2k. Not ready for the rest of the lines yet but we'll probably get them within the next 24 hours.

Dana’s got no love for my boy Zaleski

Making me nervous everyone and their momma is on Andrade.
Completely agree. An unfounded take but I'm highly suspicious of both these girls at the best of times and the fight being in China has me extremely wary of Zhang. 2u Andrade and, with my new unit size, that's plenty for this guy.

Jessica in China already, looking swole:

Going to bet a bit prefight on Andrade but you can almost guarantee the first round is 50/50 or Zhang takes it, Andrade dropped it to Rose, Gadelha and Torres before taking over. Liveodds should be wonderful as always. Hopefully she bleeds a bit and the commentary goes nuts so that Zhang gets bet up to -500 like Rose did.

Last edited:
UFC Shenzhen Press Conference in case anyone hasn't seen this yet:

Not done with my research but I'm leaning heavily towards Andrade.

Weili had some ugly fights against low level cans in the chinese scene. Just watched both Sattelmeyer fights and she can definitely get taken down. She gave up some single legs and that's Andrade's go to takedown.

https://ok.ru/video/286735143177

Then she fought Marilia Santos who we saw recently on the Contender Series and she dropped her with that brazilian zombie style. I noticed that Zhang is quite chinny even in her UFC debut. She does get wobbled.

Zhang will struggle with the punches especially as a kick heavy fighter who will not have much space to throw her kicks and the strength Andrade has in the grappling. For now I can only see her win by some guard sub. Andrade got subbed a few times in the past. She looks way better these days though. I bet Weili in her first 3 UFC fights but this seems to be the time to jump off the Weili train.

That Santos fight may have swung it for me. That is exactly what Andrade will do for 5 rounds except Zhang wont be bailed out by being able to mount Andrade. I still think this will be a close fight, but I'm leaning Andrade now.

This card is making it really had to fade wmma and Asian fighters. Guess MAndrade might be my only option

The card is looking very bleak for betting opportunities if odds are as I expect

Back