UFN 87 - Netherlands - AA vs Reem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seeing the stat of Bigfoot failing on his 5 td attempts in his last 10 fights sealed the deal for me. No chance i'd play Bigfoot vs anyone in a striking battle when the gust of wind from Struve's missed punches could likely KO him. Also like everything i've been hearing from Struve regarding his improvements and how aggressive he plans on being.
Devils advocate Struve have always been aggressive so it probably won't be anything new. There is no doubt in my mind Bigfoots chin is shot but, every single guy that knocked him out hits harder than Struve(imo).

Also Bigfoot hits hard and Struves chin is always up in the air with no head movement whatsoever. Even in his last fight with Noguiera, that style of striking is a disaster waiting to happen.

Devils advocate Struve have always been aggressive so it probably won't be anything new. There is no doubt in my mind Bigfoots chin is shot but, every single guy that knocked him out hits harder than Struve(imo).

Also Bigfoot hits hard and Struves chin is always up in the air with no head movement whatsoever. Even in his last fight with Noguiera, that style of striking is a disaster waiting to happen.
I thought he looked tentative in his last few fights. Hard to gauge the Rosholt fight a bit since he got blanketed, but for sure I thought he could've let more offense go against Nog.

They def hit harder, but Struve hits hard enough for me (especially if he can bring pre-heart condition form back) and Bigfoot just looks like a shell. The dude literally just stands there like a statue since TRT got banned. If Soa Palelei didn't completely gas after 5 mins, he was on his way to soundly beating Bigfoot, and Soa is definitely worse than Struve.

We'll see how this plays out, but as weird as this feels to say, Struve is one of my more confident picks. Glad I got him at -190 though, hes really become juiced. The KO line at +140 seems fair though.

^Sorry thought Noguiera was his last fight out, not Rosholt. Got the order of them mixed up.

Great shape, camp was good, very sharp

It's going to be hard to fight him, because he's not there, he's elusive, alot of people didn't want to fight him, we got the call and I took the fight

this is striker vs grappler, but I will use all my tools, standing and exchanging is never the plan, but I welcome it, the only change we did this camp was a change in fitness setup

I don't have a problem fighting teammates, he's trying to create something that is not there, I'm going to win this fight, only Arlovski has a problem, the coaches are fine, i feel very confident, I'm better everywhere, my resume is much better, more experience, everything

I was missing aggression, I'm more focused now, I gave my sparring partners hell, best I've felt in a long time, faster, longer reach, I have to move sideways, fight my fight

If i put my hands on Struve, he will lay down, I trained alot of BJJ, you'll see everything in this fight, I'm a different fighter, I'm back

Even if I lose, I'm fighting one of the best in the world, this is a very hard fight for me, I'm old, I need the hard fights now, I'm so lucky, she's better than me on paper and more experienced, if all my gameplans don't work, then she's better than me, this will be action packed, she deserves alot of cheers in her hometown

I had to fight on this card, I feel amazing, couldn't be in a better place, the crowd will go nuts, I'm the first Dutch fighter, I don't know anything about Elmose, I like to finish fights, I go for the finish no matter what, you can't underestimate anybody

Only time I like a play on bigfoot is a r3 ko, just don't think he will survive 2 rounds of struve, and from the sounds of struves camp he has improved his aggression and output, lets just hope he keeps the chin tucked in while in the clouds.

I dont see how anyone can be confident in Struve as shot as BF is. I wouldnt have touched this fight if Betsafe didnt mess up. Should have waited to hedge too didnt see Struve's line becoming even more juiced. Sounds like BF is planning takedowns.

I want Arlovski to win, but everything will go back to normal on Monday, Arlovski is mad, he's upset, he wants to prove a point

Sup y'all.

Reading through the thread hastily I've got some reassurances and my eyebrow raised a few times.

I'll mostly be on the dogs for this card. I like Wade and Bigfoot, also considering Nelson, Barosso, Overeem ITD, Sassaki and Barosso.

I've seen a few regulars go heavy on Struve, why is that? Haven't read through everything carefully. I concede that there are many reasons to fade Bigfoot but you can make a hell of a long list to fade Struve as well.

Struve had a medical issue that is supposedly fixed. Bigfoot legit needs TRT for medical reasons and without it has just looked like a shell of what he was. Even glancing shots seem to totally rock him now.

Struve is younger and has not gone through the wars and beatings that BF has either. I agree in plenty of spots Struve is fade worthy but not here imo.

Honestly, I agree with about every play that you have. I have not played Gunnar/Tumenov yet though. That one is a head scratcher for me.

It is so easy for me to imagine multiple scenarios where Tumenov beats him. I'm hoping for (and put money on) a prolonged beating over the course of 2.5+ rounds.

The Heavy Hands podcast provides a great breakdown of this fight if you're interested.

Struve had a medical issue that is supposedly fixed. Bigfoot legit needs TRT for medical reasons and without it has just looked like a shell of what he was. Even glancing shots seem to totally rock him now.

Struve is younger and has not gone through the wars and beatings that BF has either. I agree in plenty of spots Struve is fade worthy but not here imo.

i'd say struve is older than 28 in fight years, tho. dude has been ko'd 6 times, himself, besides all of the health issues

People were saying the same with JDS prior to completely schooling Rothwell. I think people read too much into that, especially with HWs. I think both Bigfoot and Struve are completely hittable. The main difference is Struve is also hittable on the ground. Struve has a guard, but my god does he get pounded anytime he's on the ground. It's been like that ever since he's in the UFC, even against low level competition.

i'd say struve is older than 28 in fight years, tho. dude has been ko'd 6 times, himself, besides all of the health issues
Changing fights lol, but what chances do you give Krylov winning the fight after R1 is over?

My nickname is Einstein, I'm the most technical, I don't do sloppy moves, everything is calculated, my game is complete, I'm good everywhere, this is MMA, the fight starts standup, we'll see who will enforce, I predict KO in first round

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back