UFN 87 - Netherlands - AA vs Reem

Status
Not open for further replies.
really don't see a finish happening in hein-tuck or khabilov-wade

What about Seery-Horiguchi and Tumenov-Nelson? Even though Horiguchi is way better than Seery on the feet, i don't recall one fight where he was stunned.

What about Seery-Horiguchi and Tumenov-Nelson? Even though Horiguchi is way better than Seery on the feet, i don't recall one fight where he was stunned.

those two have more likely finishes than the hein or wade fights

tumenov could ko nelson, nelson could sub tumenov -- horiguchi could definitely finish seery... but that's likely going all 3, i'd agree

Seery hasnt fought someone at Horiguchi's level striking wise. If he doesnt finish you, you at least seem to get rocked a few times. I wouldnt be too confident in the over in that fight.

Reem vs AA goes over 1 and 1/2 rounds at +100 seems like a good bet. Overeem is conservative these days. It took him longer to finish JDS. Yes AA doesn't have the chin of JDS. But he has good movement and he's not looking to lose here. Both AA and Reem have questionable chins. They both know that. So they will cancel each other out. Plus they train out of the same gym. The fight may just be a sparring contest. I feel that the first round is going to be one giant feeling out process. Then we have 2 and a half minutes for each to hold on before we cash in. I think this is a solid bet. Any others like this line????

Sounds a good idea at first but 2 small things to consider, AA vs travis, both mates who turned into rock em and sock em robots till one went down. Also reem said it clearly he is no friend to aa but a team mate so no issue with winning here, you also hit the nail on the head both have bad chins.

hw fights are about as predictable as womans mma fights, we do so at our own peril lol

Sounds a good idea at first but 2 small things to consider, AA vs travis, both mates who turned into rock em and sock em robots till one went down. Also reem said it clearly he is no friend to aa but a team mate so no issue with winning here, you also hit the nail on the head both have bad chins.

hw fights are about as predictable as womans mma fights, we do so at our own peril lol

Agreed on the wackiness of HW fights but I find WMMA so simple to predict. Maybe it's because they hardly ever KO each other. Of course, I picked Ronda and we all know what happened there so what do I know?

Agreed on the wackiness of HW fights but I find WMMA so simple to predict. Maybe it's because they hardly ever KO each other. Of course, I picked Ronda and we all know what happened there so what do I know?

If it works it works ;) I picked ronda but it was always overdue for the hype train to eventually derail, as long as money is being made more times then we lose then its got to be worth it, I hope !

i need to bet these more often. overs unders instead of sides.

and i agree both of these fights seem like they will gothe distance.

prolly -185 on both

Yeah I'm not Nostradomus when it comes to predicting MMA fights. But I feel THAT AA and Reem will cancel each other out. Also I look at the trend of both fighters. How many first round finishes do they both have lately? Not many. I think it's a decent bet. Also Gunnar vs Tumenov at -200 at over 1 1/2 is a good bet too imo.

Yuta Sasaki fills in for Paddy Holohan on 12 days notice and faces Willie Gates.

UFC.com shows the fight scheduled for Flyweight, but that's probably an error since Sasaki fought his last 3 UFC fights at 135. Probably a good idea to double check and see if Sasaki is fighting at 125 or 135; after all, he is coming off of 2 losses at 135.

I really like Reem here guys. I don't normally like betting on HW fights especially when you have two guys with dodgy chins, but Reem has fought so smart lately. Even when you look at his losses he was 2-0 up against Bigfoot, pretty much any HW other than Brown would have folded from his early assault and he was lighting Rothwell up until he got caught. He hasn't looked bad in one fight whereas Arlovski looked poor against Schuab, Mir and Miocic. The Schuab fight could have gone either way and although i think he edged Mir I have seen people argue the case for Mir. With Reem's new style I do not expect a great fight but i am very confident he gets the job done here.

I really like Reem here guys. I don't normally like betting on HW fights especially when you have two guys with dodgy chins, but Reem has fought so smart lately. Even when you look at his losses he was 2-0 up against Bigfoot, pretty much any HW other than Brown would have folded from his early assault and he was lighting Rothwell up until he got caught. He hasn't looked bad in one fight whereas Arlovski looked poor against Schuab, Mir and Miocic. The Schuab fight could have gone either way and although i think he edged Mir I have seen people argue the case for Mir. With Reem's new style I do not expect a great fight but i am very confident he gets the job done here.
I agree with this.

Yuta Sasaki fills in for Paddy Holohan on 12 days notice and faces Willie Gates.

UFC.com shows the fight scheduled for Flyweight, but that's probably an error since Sasaki fought his last 3 UFC fights at 135. Probably a good idea to double check and see if Sasaki is fighting at 125 or 135; after all, he is coming off of 2 losses at 135.

He's like 5'11, doubt it's 125

MMAFighting also reported the fight was at 125 and Sasaki was dropping a weight class. Guess we'll see

jeeesus. has there ever been a 5'11 125'er
I have a feeling these reports are gonna be inaccurate and it will be at 135, or at least a catch weight. I have noooo idea how Sasaki would make 125 on full notice, nvm 12 days

I agree on the wmma comment. There isn't enough fight changing power to halt whatever the grind advantage is for the superior striker and or grappler.

Carla last fight prime example. All she had to do is get her down and boom. Easy win.

And vice versa

All Joanna had to do was stop the take down and boom easy win.

It's like you only have to handicap one variable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back