UFN 87 - Netherlands - AA vs Reem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you guys know if Reza Madadi vs Yan Cabral fight is at 155 or 170 ?
Thanks

jeeesus. has there ever been a 5'11 125'er

jon dodson said he was walking around at 160 and cutting to flyweight.

in my early 20s i was about 160 and i'm 6'1 (yes, i looked like count crackula) so i think it's feasible if you have a tiny bone structure. look at george roop.

(fortunately i'm a normal looking 195lber now)

Agree with some of the thoughts on OVereem AA, i really like the in camp team-mate fight. I feel this is a similar factor as divisional games in most all sports. Everyone knows everyones moves a little bit more, and it translates to less fluke Kos etc.

I understand the travis brown arlovski fight, but TB's strategy is to walk through strikes from everyone. In almost all of his wins against good fighters. Arlovski has good hands, overeem should want to use his leg strike advantage from distance, and in the clinch the whole while covering his jaw. He has been so cautious lately....throw in its a 5 rder....

so far i have 3u to win 1.5 fight starts rd 2 -149 2u Allistair overeem -200 and 1.5u -205 over in hein/tuck. I want to go bigger on all of these, but my unit sizing has gone to shit lately

i'm going to have to start taking risks from now on. winning a few hundred on fight night is nice but it doesn't make any meaningful impact in my life. i'm going to have to start wagering 1k+ each fight night. a few good wins and i have enough money to rent an apartment for 6 months which will completely transform my life from eviscerating hell to peace.

i'm out for blood from here on out.

i'm going to have to start taking risks from now on. winning a few hundred on fight night is nice but it doesn't make any meaningful impact in my life. i'm going to have to start wagering 1k+ each fight night. a few good wins and i have enough money to rent an apartment for 6 months which will completely transform my life from eviscerating hell to peace.

lol I here you man. Playing it smart has been going amazing for me, but I look at a line that I love like -225 for Reem and just think to myself how if I would just risk a grand, which is about 35% of the bankroll i've built up, I can get this train rolling faster.

To be smart or to be ballsy. Hard to find the right balance sometimes.

Maybe you guys should take it to the next level and look for sharp, professional capping guidance. Too bad there isn't someone on this forum who provides such a service.

Imho you should separate life roll and gambling roll. Very very few people make consistent large amounts of cash betting.

Even great cappers have massive variance.

Not saying you cant win just be smart. Separating life roll makes gambling more fun too.

lol I here you man. Playing it smart has been going amazing for me, but I look at a line that I love like -225 for Reem and just think to myself how if I would just risk a grand, which is about 35% of the bankroll i've built up, I can get this train rolling faster.

To be smart or to be ballsy. Hard to find the right balance sometimes.

i love the spirit pig lord

i always feel like i should be doing 2-3 team parlays for 500 bucks and either double or tripling that each event. but i never can nail down 3 i love so i always do 50-100 for 5-6 team parlays

def manage your bank roll good. don't get greedy. get good at nailing down the fights you love and hammer them. about the only bet i love on this next card is tumenov.

looking forward to seeing who comes up with some solid picks for this one. ill be watching film next week

yeah man, my style basically involves hammering mismatches with 2-3 fighter parlays. it's a lot like what sham does although my stakes are much lower.

i aim to double my investment every fight night at the minimum and more often than not i'm successful. however, i'm only wagering about £200 per fight night and if i was wagering £1000, my life would be a lot different right now.

the good thing is because i've been successful lately and i'm getting more freelance work in, i can afford to up my stakes. if i lose £1000 in a fight night it's not a big deal but if i can get closer to 6 month's rent money faster, then i'm gonna take that. losing money is negligible but losing time on earth being miserable because your living situation is a disaster, that's fucked.

if struve and reem win next time out i'm up £800 from a 5 fighter parlay, which will be a good start.

Imho you should separate life roll and gambling roll. Very very few people make consistent large amounts of cash betting.

Even great cappers have massive variance.

Not saying you cant win just be smart. Separating life roll makes gambling more fun too.

yeah it's difficult because i don't have a consistent income so, my winnings really have a big impact on my quality of life every month. i agree it's smart man but fun doesn't even come into the equation for me, i'm just trying to buy some normality in my life (thanks a lot capitalist society).

Hoping to get good odds on Cedenblad, will be my biggest bet in a long time if i get reasonable odds :D

Lets not talk about fights until lines are out guys!

I often see "hoping for fighter A at -200 or better" then they're always -275+. I do wonder if it wasn't discussed here if it'd have an impact.

odds suck in Australia anyway I think. Jones was 1.16 when people were getting -400/1.25 as an example so we're always ripped off...

Not a sure bet by any stretch but McLellan was losing vs Bush until the cage grab which landed him in mount from what I remember.
Sure but who knows what version of Cedenblad will turn up plus he fades a bit, could se him have a adrenalin dump

You have to favour him but definately not a sure thing

I often see "hoping for fighter A at -200 or better" then they're always -275+. I do wonder if it wasn't discussed here if it'd have an impact.

odds suck in Australia anyway I think. Jones was 1.16 when people were getting -400/1.25 as an example so we're always ripped off...

Ofcourse it does. They opened Pennington / Correria at -265/+185, after everyone on here was raving about how much they wanted Pennington at a good price. -265/+185 in a WMMA fight which by all accounts was going to be fairly close, just due to the style matchup is insane, and did get bet down accordingly. There's no way online opinion didn't put that line where it is. Discussion future fights openly only damages your own profit margins.

Lines are set according to what the line maker thinks the people will bet them at, not what the actual fight odds should be.

There should be a private forum or some such for that type of discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Judoka_Noob
Back