UFN 88 - Las Vegas - Almeida vs Garbrandt - 5/29/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pulled the trigger on Almeida at -160 for 3u after watching some tape on Cody. Hit his KO line too for half a unit.

Also took story +145, Miranda -160, and Stephens +160/Stephens Dec +485.

After last night's terrible results I'm tempted to go full tilt on one of these

Love Miranda will be well adjusted by time us brits get them
Betvictor released lines already this morning. They have Miranda listed as Vitor Belfort though, I reported already, hope they fix it soon and not change the line hehe

Pulled the trigger on Almeida at -160 for 3u after watching some tape on Cody. Hit his KO line too for half a unit.

BarackBrushingShouldersOff.gif~c200

i'm as frustrated as anyone, man. just gotta move on. don't chase.

I'm up 20 units from last night, really liking Stephen's. I've alrdy hit him for decision at +515 but also considering a straight bet with him

7 cards in a row with positive returns, letting it ride!

Hoping that the Stephens line getshit so I can get Barao at better odds.

Barao hasn't looked great since the first TJ fight but I think a lot of that had to do with the style of TJ. Speed, diverse striking and great footwork made Barao look average but I wouldn't associate those attributes with Stephens.

Barao should be able to use his speed to pick Stephens apart. When Stephens walks him down I expect Barao to hammer him with kicks. He should have the footwork to avoid Jeremy forcing him against the fence and despite Stephens being stronger, Barao has elite TDD so I don't think Jeremy will be able to ground Barao.

Stephens is a hard bastard so I don't know if Barao will finish him, but I like Barao to pick up a UD.

Betvictor released lines already this morning. They have Miranda listed as Vitor Belfort though, I reported already, hope they fix it soon and not change the line hehe

Great news. Hope they get that name changed fucking idiots

Really like felder burkman has looked like shit whole ufc run.

For this card, imma make larger bets on a smaller amount of fights. LB is amazing for me but betting on every fight isn't much fun.
Made a slight profit thanks to Cyborg. Really hated having a ton on Cummings and Anderson (and the worst happened) but against fading legends, I thought they would win comfortably.

Im betting large on Miranda, the over on the Larkin/Masvidal fight (Masvidal is always game and has heart but I feel like he wont hurt Larkin due to being smaller) as well as Larkin ML, I also like the overs for the Sterling fight but only up to -200 and if its better than Sterling ML, Ill hit it hard. Hopefully, Abel Truijillo gets an easy opponent. Almeida is a good choice but only up to -190 imo. Might play No Love if his odds keep improving and if I have a good night.

Where do you guys watch fighttape? Some of these fighters never fought in the ufc so having a hard time finding their fights. Anyw way to get info on them, like Milstead for example?

After that fail event last night, I won't touch this event until I can get Barrys' free pick!!! Barry where are you???

is anyone looking to bet lil heathen? barao took a beating in 2/3 fights and didnt look great in his fight against gagnon if i remember correctly

Where do you guys watch fighttape? Some of these fighters never fought in the ufc so having a hard time finding their fights. Anyw way to get info on them, like Milstead for example?

fightpass and youtube man. if you can't find any tape, don't bet! milstead has a few fights on youtube.

is anyone looking to bet lil heathen? barao took a beating in 2/3 fights and didnt look great in his fight against gagnon if i remember correctly
Like the over the most, but prob stab Stephens too

On top of that, Almeida also has a 5 inch southpaw reach advantage which should play a huge role in this fight which should largely be a striking match. I have like 2.5u on Almeida, myself

My fav play of the current odds so far. I'm heavy $250 on him at his opener of +185. I expect the lines to tighten up and then I'll maybe think of a pseudo hedge. I think his size and power will be the deciding factor in this fight. Barao may come in with a cardio and slight speed advantage but that's about it. I think the biggest worry will be the weight cut I'll watch out for that.

Favorites on the left: (guesses)

Thomas Almeida vs. Cody Garbrandt
Renan Barao vs. Jeremy Stephens
Tarec Saffiedine vs. Rick Story
Vitor Miranda vs. Chris Camozzi
Lorenz Larkin vs. Jorge Masvidal
Paul Felder vs. Josh Burkman
Sara McMann vs. Jessica Eye
Abel Trujillo vs. TBA
Alberto Uda vs. Jake Collier
Erik Koch vs. Shane Campbell
Aljamain Sterling vs. Bryan Caraway