UFN 89 III - PBP/discussion/etc

Whatever about the weight, I think Cote is a much more talented fighter. Cerrone had some decent wins in his career but I've seen nothing from him that marks him out as any better than the good side of average.

The fights where he lost decisively are a mark of the man. Diaz completely took his soul in their fight, he just wasn't up for it. He'll always be a lamb to the slaughter against decent, confident fighters.
Cote more talented? No he is a little wider...
Cerrone 2nd round stun n sub.

I don't know about being stupid if you don't bet, but I've definitely been eyeing this one for a few weeks

You'll feel stupid if you didn't bet.

I've had that feeling plenty of times. Sometimes I feel stupid for not betting more on a fighter because of how badly they demolished them lol.

Cote more talented? No he is a little wider...
Cerrone 2nd round stun n sub.

I don't see that happening. Côte has practically never been stunned - that chin is as good as there is at the moment. Plus, he hasn't been subbed in 6 years (granted he fights strikers mostly) but his sub defence is solid.

Pwin pwin pwin, that was quick

Fucking Halsey, never again

I think Cerrone is getting a beat down... strange betting lines.

He used to be a middleweight, and Cerrone used to be a lightweight. This will be a stand up fight for most of the fight most likely. Cote's durability, pressure and his superior boxing will be the key.

nflmvd.png

e8ahvp.png

Going to put more if the line shifts the other way.

Good observation! The Cha-Ching is on Cote! WAR Cote!!!!!!!

It's an interesting match up. Cote is a big dude... definitely a weight class above Cerrone. Cote hits hard and has a crazy chin, I don't think Donald can crack it. But.... stylistically, I think his advantage (size/strength) will come into play that much. Cerrone is a way more talented striker, and the speed advantage will be crazy. Cerrone might out class him via being a better fighter. But Cote is a tough dude and I could see him grinding out a win.

It's an interesting match up. Cote is a big dude... definitely a weight class above Cerrone. Cote hits hard and has a crazy chin, I don't think Donald can crack it. But.... stylistically, I think his advantage (size/strength) will come into play that much. Cerrone is a way more talented striker, and the speed advantage will be crazy. Cerrone might out class him via being a better fighter. But Cote is a tough dude and I could see him grinding out a win.

Cerrone isn't that fast. I think Cote has the better boxing.

With the amount of upsets in this sport... I agree that Cote will probably win but to me absolute, unconditional certainty is in most cases more stupid than caution and careful consideration.

I think O'Connel wins, too. Cote&O'Connel pays out +400ish

He used to be a middleweight, and Cerrone used to be a lightweight. This will be a stand up fight for most of the fight most likely. Cote's durability, pressure and his superior boxing will be the key.

nflmvd.png

e8ahvp.png

Going to put more if the line shifts the other way.

Hell, I like you for your confidence, but I ain't putting money against Cowboy, ever... Dude is the type who enjoys shitting in your drink all day long...

Cerrone isn't that fast. I think Cote has the better boxing.
Burkman and Saunders are the top 20 at 170? No .....
IMO cerrone fights top 15 most of ufc and wec career.Cote 3 fights against elite 0-3.
Cote can land something big and rock cowboy, but they are different levels of overall skill.
Look at Cotes record, he loses to good kickers throughout his career and Cerrone is fast for 170.

Burkman and Saunders are the top 20 at 170? No .....
IMO cerrone fights top 15 most of ufc and wec career.Cote 3 fights against elite 0-3.
Cote can land something big and rock cowboy, but they are different levels of overall skill.
Look at Cotes record, he loses to good kickers throughout his career and Cerrone is fast for 170.

I don't care about records, I care about fight styles and their strengths and weaknesses.

lol kickers like Silva in his prime and Wonderboy? Arguably the greatest kickers in MMA history? Come on now. I think I seen cody mckenzie throw a kick once, I guess he can beat Cote as well :eek:

Not sure if your overrating Cerrones skill level or underrating Cotes skill level. Either way I dont think they're as far apart skill wise as you make it out to be.

It's a good bet I think. Cote has a strong strong chin, which gives him confidence to throw with big strikers. And has fought as high as LHW in his career, so he's tasted power. Cerrone has got a tough test in front of him.

So you are saying he is going to win a stand up fight because he used to be a MW? They aren't all that different in the height department, Cote definitely has advantages in the strength and weight department, but that will come into play against the cage and with the wrestling. It's a fifty fifty fight, which means you'd be rather dumb to get it at all unless you are getting really good odds.

Back