UFN 89 - Wonderboy vs Waterboy - 6/18 - Ontario part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dylan Andrews had 2 take downs against Alvey, along with poor fight IQ and a bad chin that was easily exposed.

Several of us were like "WTF!" when Andrews got the 2nd take down and ended up on bottom, and then got blasted with a flurry of punches but the first punch was all Alvey needed.

Regarding the 2nd take down, Andrews' legs and upper body were out of position, and Alvey posted up with his left arm and easily got on top.

http://www.ufc.tv/video/sam-alvey-vs-dylan-andrews-ufc-fight-night

This card is gonna be a shit show. Some fights are way closer than the odds suggest. People parlaying these lines will be shitting themselves come fight night.

rory is an in your face pressure fighter who basically works his way inside using the jab. wonderboy has had success because his opponents gave him too much room to work with. if you get inside on wonderboy he won't be able to use the best part of his game....his very dangerous and awkward high kicks. rory also has the best "mma wrestling" out of anyone wonderboy has fought thus far. i think rory puts on a clinch fest against the cage, while constantly working for the TD. another huge factor that a lot of people are missing is that wonderboy trained A LOT with weidman, which he hasnt been able to do this camp.

Fair point but Rory has never fought with that gameplan before. Big ask for him to implement that strategy for the first time.

i wonder if the 4 FS2 fights will have live betting on 5d. i'm guessing yes... why the heck are they using fs2, again, anyway? major outlets don't get that channel (i.e. comcast).. lame.

Dylan Andrews had 2 take downs against Alvey, along with poor fight IQ and a bad chin that was easily exposed.

Several of us were like "WTF!" when Andrews got the 2nd take down and ended up on bottom, and then got blasted with a flurry of punches but the first punch was all Alvey needed.

Regarding the 2nd take down, Andrews' legs and upper body were out of position, and Alvey posted up with his left arm and easily got on top.

http://www.ufc.tv/video/sam-alvey-vs-dylan-andrews-ufc-fight-night

Watch the replay. Alvey hooked Andrews' leg. It prevented the takedown and Andrews actually ended up landing on his head which dazed him. Calling that an actual takedown is crazy because he never had control on the ground.

i wonder if the 4 FS2 fights will have live betting on 5d. i'm guessing yes... why the heck are they using fs2, again, anyway? major outlets don't get that channel (i.e. comcast).. lame.
Was wondering the same regarding live betting, hope you are right. Don't remember the last time they put prelims on there, feels like a long time. Probably some semi major sports event the same day fox is contractually obligated to air? Idk

rory is an in your face pressure fighter who basically works his way inside using the jab. wonderboy has had success because his opponents gave him too much room to work with. if you get inside on wonderboy he won't be able to use the best part of his game....his very dangerous and awkward high kicks. rory also has the best "mma wrestling" out of anyone wonderboy has fought thus far. i think rory puts on a clinch fest against the cage, while constantly working for the TD. another huge factor that a lot of people are missing is that wonderboy trained A LOT with weidman, which he hasnt been able to do this camp.

You know I thought of him (Rory) that way too before I rewatched a few of his fights. He has moments where he pressures, but he actually spends more time sitting behind his jab than he does pressing the action. I agree his jab is generally his way inside, but in watching him vs Robbie, Sarafian, and Woodley I was really surprised how content he is to stay a that jab-range.

Now, he may well (and should) alter that because that range (like you said) is right in the crosshairs of those kicks from WB that put people away. But as was mentioned, much easier said than done.

Also, keep in mind that Ellenburger (who I fully realize isn't the fighter Rory is) did try to pressure WB and while he landed a good shot, it also got him lit up and finished in rd 1.

Sam Alvey +250
vs Elias Theodorou

Patrick Cote +150
vs Donald Cerrone

Cote is on a 3 fight winning streak, use to fight at middleweight while cerrone used to fight at lightweight, and Cote is dangerous at anytime during the fight and wont fade. Cote just has to put on the pressure and he's got this. Cote wins by Dec or KO

Theodorou is extremely overrated. I think Alvey should be the favorite. Alvey is dangerous and Theodorou isn't. Theodorou has a decent all around game but he's not great at just one thing. His striking is just decent and Alvey will keep the fight standing and win by dec or KO.

Everyone Parlay this.

Last edited:
f9FW2.gif

Was wondering the same regarding live betting, hope you are right. Don't remember the last time they put prelims on there, feels like a long time. Probably some semi major sports event the same day fox is contractually obligated to air? Idk
There's a Nascar Camping World Truck Series event Saturday evening on FS1 according to the schedule.

Calderwood DEC +259
Sean O'C DEC +1000
Silva DEC +268
Jotko DEC +267

TS is a clear example of why Vegas will always come out ahead.

Cerrone is good. This shit is a toss up

Sam Alvey +220
vs Elias Theodorou

Patrick Cote +150
vs Donald Cerrone

Cote is on a 3 fight winning streak, use to fight at middleweight while cerrone used to fight at lightweight, and Cote is dangerous at anytime during the fight and wont fade. Cote just has to put on the pressure and he's got this. Cote wins by Dec or KO

Theodorou is extremely overrated. I think Alvey should be the favorite. Alvey is dangerous and Theodorou isn't. Theodorou has a decent all around game but he's not great at just one thing. His striking is just decent and Alvey will keep the fight standing and win by dec or KO.

Everyone Parlay this.

Where did this notion that Cote is just going to run through Cerrone come from? Cerrone has lost just one time in his entire career to a fighter who never held a major title. Cote isn't the kind of fighter that Cerrone typically loses to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back