UFN 90 Play by Play

yeah, kinda expected from you, zero relevance as always. bit though doe i suppose, outside of a ko, conor has zero prayer against nate. and rda is an even more accomplished grappler, rda had to respect eddie since eddie is an accomplished grappler and exellent wrestler. conor ain't none of that, and struggles to maintain his cardio past one round unless he's the one dictating the pace (as evidenced by the diaz fight)

so after another loss @ 170 he'll be forced to try and diet himself down to 145 again, which will most likely drain months if not a year off of his career total.

nice fan summit in your sig btw. a proven cheater, liar & steroid user coupled with a oh another cheater, liar, drug & steroid user followed by a guy being held together by scotch tape at this point and then to top it all off mr conflakes.

says alot about how you carry yourself in life, if that's the pinnacle for you there in your sig bub.

I'm on the same picks pretty much you posted except alvarez. although i think his value is a lot better than i initially thought after i rewetted his cerrone fight.

my big play for this card was sanders. he think he rag dolls arantes with his wrestling

Oh I had Sanders too, but when I played him I regretted it from the start. True I believe it was the right play. True I believe he had the skill set to win. It's true that if that had been Eddie Alvarez's heart and determination inside Sanders chest we would have cashed our ticket. Unfortunately, I've watched a lot of Sanders fights and he has a bit of Brock Lesnear in him —and I'm not talking about the wrestling. Kind a like Bob Sapp.

wow DC vs anderson silva

I don't like it at all. Anderson has always been my favorite fighter and he's way past his prime. Daniel is an absolute beast and has been training for another beast. Now you are going to peel a 40-year-old man who hasn't won a fight in four years off his couch to compete in a division that is 20 pounds above his normal weight and he's going to do it on a couple days notice. This is not going to end well. It's tragic really. And for what? To get a couple thousand more PPV buys? Despicable from Dana.

I don't like it at all. Anderson has always been my favorite fighter and he's way past his prime. Daniel is an absolute beast and has been training for another beast. Now you are going to peel a 40-year-old man who hasn't won a fight in four years off his couch to compete in a division that is 20 pounds above his normal weight and he's going to do it on a couple days notice. This is not going to end well. It's tragic really. And for what? To get a couple thousand more PPV buys? Despicable from Dana.
Aside from the UFC's motivation, Daniel Cormier desperately wants to fight at UFC 200 for both legacy and financial reasons. For that reason alone I am okay with it.

He campaigned hard for it himself (announcing the fight on his social media platforms way before it was made) So I think it's more a case of him wanting a big final payday than Dana trying to squeeze out a few bucks from the legend. But yea I agree it's gonna be a rough night for him. I see Cormier probably throwing Silva on his head and TKOing him, likely in R1. Can't wait for these lines!

Tonight was not a good night. I don't just post my winning bets. As a professional capper I like to be transparent about my wins/losses. Look, I gave Alvarez a less than 10% chance of winning and of course he wins the only way I thought he'd win which was by a fluke punch. Had RDA @ -400+ range so I was ecstatic at the line I got him at prefight.
Got robbed on the Nelson decision which is par for the course as I've had the worst luck when it comes to judges decisions. Lost a bunch of money as well as my Euro bets it's been tragic for lack of a better word. I've dealt with variance so I know I'll be on the upswing soon.
1Kwr8hA.png

R9VBDQ6.png

- Barry

i see a takedown and lots of fists on the ground in andersons not so distant future.

Yep..he's gonna get mauled. It sucks. Like if you had to pick all the names out of a hat in the 205 pound division that compete in the UFC Daniel Cormier would be the worst choice Anderson could hope for.

Yeah but you know Silva begged for the fight. His days of earning big paychecks are coming to an end so this was maybe his one last shot to get one. And you know DC didn't want to be pulled. He wanted to fight SOMEONE.

I guess they could have given DC Mousasi and then had Silva fight Santos at catchweight (I assume Silva wasn't gonna make 185 on 2 days notice LOL). I assume Silva's name recognition and influence had him lobbying for the DC fight and not an undercard fight vs a guy nobody knows.

Fight probably won't be competitive, but then again wacky stuff seems to keep happening...

Oh I had Sanders too, but when I played him I regretted it from the start. True I believe it was the right play. True I believe he had the skill set to win. It's true that if that had been Eddie Alvarez's heart and determination inside Sanders chest we would have cashed our ticket. Unfortunately, I've watched a lot of Sanders fights and he has a bit of Brock Lesnear in him —and I'm not talking about the wrestling. Kind a like Bob Sapp.

After sanders choked I put Alvarez makdessi and Duffy in a parlay with a few others
Alvarez made the payout pretty juicy

Yep..he's gonna get mauled. It sucks. Like if you had to pick all the names out of a hat in the 205 pound division that compete in the UFC Daniel Cormier would be the worst choice Anderson could hope for.

Well, if DC takes him down and starts dropping punches Silva can give his back with the reasonable expectation that DC will be cordial and simply take the RNC.

I would say Rumble would be worse for Silva at this point. Very hard to see that ending any other way than some horrible violence being heaped upon the legend.

(I'm sort of joking here, but just sort of LOL)

Aside from the UFC's motivation, Daniel Cormier desperately wants to fight at UFC 200 for both legacy and financial reasons. For that reason alone I am okay with it.

I can see both sides of the coin, but Anderson Silva is supposed to be the best fighter ever. Not just a legend – the legend. Daniel Cormier is going to have a nice career and go into the Hall of Fame I would imagine, but Anderson Silva is on the mixed martial arts Mount Rushmore and tainting his legacy this late in this career is not good at all. I mean,mit's not good for the sport and it's not good for Anderson. Sometimes you have to tell a guy no and this is one of those situations. Muhammad Ali was desperate to fight Larry Holmes and because no one was there to tell him "NO CHAMP" and the promoters were all too willing to squeeze one more big pay that out of him' it is quite possible that Larry took a decade off that man's life.

Tonight was not a good night. I don't just post my winning bets. As a professional capper I like to be transparent about my wins/losses. Look, I gave Alvarez a less than 10% chance of winning and of course he wins the only way I thought he'd win which was by a fluke punch. Had RDA @ -400+ range so I was ecstatic at the line I got him at prefight.
Got robbed on the Nelson decision which is par for the course as I've had the worst luck when it comes to judges decisions. Lost a bunch of money as well as my Euro bets it's been tragic for lack of a better word. I've dealt with variance so I know I'll be on the upswing soon.
1Kwr8hA.png

R9VBDQ6.png

- Barry

Nelson totally lost.

What did he land like four strikes ?

Come on guy

He campaigned hard for it himself (announcing the fight on his social media platforms way before it was made) So I think it's more a case of him wanting a big final payday than Dana trying to squeeze out a few bucks from the legend. But yea I agree it's gonna be a rough night for him. I see Cormier probably throwing Silva on his head and TKOing him, likely in R1. Can't wait for these lines!

I do understand. But this is not a situation where Anderson is prepared for. This is Anderson been too tough for his own good. This isn't Patrick Cummins coming out from behind the barista counter in order to take a fight with Cormier, this is the best fighter in the UFC has ever had and you're basically permitting him to go into a gorilla enclosure without a shotgun and then lock the enclosure up when he's in there.

Last edited:
I can see both sides of the coin, but Anderson Silva is supposed to be the best fighter ever. Not just a legend – the legend. Daniel Cormier is going to have a nice career and go into the Hall of Fame I would imagine, but Anderson Silva is on the mixed martial arts Mount Rushmore and tainting his legacy this late in this career is not good at all. I mean,mit's not good for the sport and it's not good for Anderson. Sometimes you have to tell a guy no and this is one of those situations. Muhammad Ali was desperate to fight Larry Holmes and because no one was there to tell him "NO CHAMP" and the promoters were all too willing to squeeze one more big pay that out of him' it is quite possible that Larry took a decade off that man's life.

If odds haven't been released , didn't see em on best fight odds.

I'd expect Cormier to open around -450, -600 by fight time

After Rockhold fight im never using the word lock again.

Cormier should run through him though.

And then anderson should retire

Are you understand. But this is not a situation where Anderson is prepared for. This is Anderson been too tough for his own good. This isn't Patrick Cummins coming out from behind the barista counter in order to take a fight with Cormier, this is the best fighter in the UFC has ever had and you're basically permitting him to go into a gorilla enclosure without a shotgun and then lock the enclosure up when he's in there.

Well, it's not THAT bad. I mean, he arguably stopped Bisping in his last fight. There was all sorts of weirdness in that fight but for sure he was right in it and easily could have won.

Bisping just wrecked a giant MW champ that's really a LHW that is good at cutting weight and that had looked like a wrecking machine heading into the fight. In other words, Silva's fight with Bisping looks pretty good at this point given Bisping's follow up performance.

But yeah, most likely Silva gets ragdolled and finished. I hear ya. I'm just saying it's not like he's coming in here off 3 consecutive brutal KO losses vs scrubs. His last fight he lost a razor thin decision (and was very close to winning by stoppage) against the guy who then went out and won the title.

Well, if DC takes him down and starts dropping punches Silva can give his back with the reasonable expectation that DC will be cordial and simply take the RNC.

I would say Rumble would be worse for Silva at this point. Very hard to see that ending any other way than some horrible violence being heaped upon the legend.

(I'm sort of joking here, but just sort of LOL)

Right, I mean Bisping was knocking him around like a damn ping-pong ball the last time out so I can imagine what Cormier is going to do. I hated watching BJ get mocked by Rory fucking McDonald as the Waterboy, I mean Ares...err.., I mean, the Red King did the "Ali shuffle" like he was in the cage smacking around a prime Fedor or something. Oh well, Karma is a bitch and it has worked out well for the Waterboy. The only nickname that he should ever be recognized. it actually has a meaning and it is very fitting.

Back