1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

UFN 90 Play by Play

Discussion in 'MMA Betting Discussion' started by RyuDave, Jul 7, 2016.

1. mkess101 Not the hero he deserves, but the hero he needs

Ha ha I know you're right in terms of the result we're gonna see. Probably easier to find a path to the lost city of Atlantis than it is to find a path to victory for Andy here. I'm just saying in terms of justification for making the fight, there's a least a case to be made that it's not THAT bad. Granted, it's probably about as flimsy as OJ's defense was, but somehow they managed to convince 12 people he didn't go Michael Myers on Nicole and Ron so...?

2. mkess101 Not the hero he deserves, but the hero he needs

^^^^^^I lost $ on Roy and thought he COULD have gotten the nod, but it wasn't a robbery or anything close.

Sometimes, there's just really close fights that can go either way and someone is going to lose. To me, this is one of those. For all of us that were on Roy, we shouldn't be complaining about the decision. Nor should those who were on BB have been complaining had Roy gotten the decision.

3. piglord Black Belt

agreed. i'm just salty because i was going to toss all my profits on alvarez so i would be up huge already by now.

4. Sham5916910 Silver Belt

Defo could have gone either way and i woukd have won £1600 if roy got the nod.

5. Ukram Silver Belt

Did poorly on this event, went big on Roy and ITD hedge was no good and went medium on RDA in a failed parlay with roy but its nothing I can't recoup from, but BB deserved the nod overall even if it did feel like roy was grinding against the cage and on top with his tds, he just did not do anything much while on top, he had a lovely chance while in side control to simply full mount bb who was laying dead on his back and land gnp and finish it in r2 but just held him down.

Anyhow was a crazy card, hopefully we have better live betting on all bookies since we still got 2 amazing cards to enjoy and win some £££$$$ !

6. Ukram Silver Belt

Same surprised so many did well this was a very tricky event overall, 6 sub wins in the first few fights and most of the underdogs were making the favs look like nothing in r1 and what 90% of board was heavy on Roy and most again on RDA, looks like most caught that bb decision hedge right but for a guy with a glass jaw could not touch that yet it hit and eddie with 3 split decision Ws in the past takes out the RDA-terminator within 3 minutes lol

I am glad I have put a ton of flyers on ufc 200, anyhow we still got 3 events so plenty of time to recoup and end up in the green for this month !

7. RyuDave Green Belt

Worth betting Andy yet? Not sure his line gets worse!

8. RyuDave Green Belt

Was a terrible event for me, no props next event just ML singles and one double

9. Ukram Silver Belt

We still have 5 more events in July :)

10. MMA Goodfella #Engaged + a Joe-Jitsu Piano Belt Capper

In front of the TV waiting for Game of Thrones S8
    Hey O, what platform were you using? I watched it again this morning on my Roku and was able to fast-forward through the entire event without problem. Just went to UFC fight pass > event replay and could fast forward through the 5+ hour event.

11. RyuDave Green Belt

Hope we come out on top mate, that was my worst event ever due to be greedy on nelson and was convinced the fight was his.. Pounded and pounded lb so much.. ML decision etc and not one hedge to save me..

12. Ukram Silver Belt

Did exactly the same but failed on my itd hedge, have been doing great past few months always in the + and hitting good amounts but yeah a bad showing for this event gone, anyhow its history and we got plenty cards and all it needs is one good outcome on one fight :)

13. iGnP Silver Belt

Yes 2 and 3 to Roy. As MMAGF said in a couple of posts after my initial post, it's really tough to give the fight to Roy w his performance in round 3, but he still did more than Lewis IMO. I can understand the argument if Lewis had Roy hurt at the end of the round but even after getting hit with that big shot, Roy looked fine. For sure Roy was coasting and avoiding being KOed during the final stages but 2 takedowns, more strikes (albeit, few of them actually being significant) and over 3 min of control is enough for me to think he comfortably won that round even tho he looked like crap. Lewis winning for ten strikes in the final stages of a fight where Roy is clearly coasting/avoiding being KOed is questionable. That's just my take. I had money on Roy and i could very well be biased, but that's my thought process

14. iGnP Silver Belt

Anderson +400? the under 2.5 round at -145 is the play

15. Oblivian Aging Platinum Member

On the computer - tried through both Chrome and Firefox. I just checked and it's working now. This was at around 6 AM when it wasn't.

16. Oblivian Aging Platinum Member

See, I don't think we can simply say he had 3 minutes of "control". Nelson's 3 minutes of "control" was a lot different from 3 minutes of a Maia control or even someone like Darren Elkins control. He looked to be struggling to try to maintain any sense of control and a lot of the time seemed fairly neutral to me. His body language was god awful also. It looked to me like he was just trying to survive more than offensively control.

17. iGnP Silver Belt

That's prob why the judges gave the fight to Lewis. But during those 3 min of 'control' did Lewis really do anything? He wasn't landing strikes, he was laying there, gathering energy, getting back up, then getting taken down again. At the very least, shouldn't the takedowns count for something? I mean, I agree that the time in control is iffy, but i've seen guys hold onto their opponent's leg for 5 minutes and win rounds lol

18. PuertoRican Gold Belt

Eddie Alvarez: $150,000 (no win bonus)
    Rafael dos Anjos: $310,000

Derrick Lewis: $66,000 (includes $33,000 win bonus)
    Roy Nelson: $100,000

Alan Jouban: $48,000 (includes $24,000 win bonus)
    Belal Muhammad: $12,000

Joseph Duffy: $40,000 (includes $20,000 win bonus)
    Mitch Clarke: $12,000

Alberto Mina: $24,000 (includes $12,000 win bonus)
    Mike Pyle: $55,000

John Makdessi: $60,000 (includes $30,000 win bonus)
    Mehdi Baghdad: $12,000

Anthony Birchak: $24,000 (includes $12,000 win bonus)
    Dileno Lopes: $12,000

Pedro Munhoz: $34,000 (includes $17,000 win bonus)
    Russell Doane: $11,000

Felipe Arantes: $42,000 (includes $21,000 win bonus)
    Jerrod Sanders: $12,000

Gilbert Burns: $34,000 (includes $17,000 win bonus)
    Lukasz Sajewski: $10,000

Marco Beltran: $24,000 (includes $12,000 win bonus)
    Reginaldo Vieira: $17,000

Vicente Luque: $24,000 (includes $12,000 win bonus)
    Alvaro Herrera: $12,000

19. Agent Mulder Black Belt

Terrible weekend for me. Hope you guys made some money.