UFN 91 - Lineker vs McDonald - South Dakota

Status
Not open for further replies.
Landon Vannata (tony fergusons replacement)
http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Landon-Vannata-82446

*A member of the renowned Jackson-Wink MMA team in Albuquerque, the 24-year-old Vannata has won all eight of his pro MMA bouts, finishing seven of them before the final bell. Said “Groovy Lando” of his shot in the big show, “(Tony Ferguson is a) Very tough pressure fighter with great chokes. It should be a fun puzzle to solve.”

*8-0 record

*Twitter pics show him training at Jacksons alongside cub swanson, dodson and others
https://twitter.com/groovylando

*Did wrestling in high school, fell in love with bjj and loves to train with the best of the best at jacksons.

*Beaten all fighters usually guys bottom tier ie lots of Ls and hardly any Ws, best opponent to date was an opponent with 7-1 record however with the name as Chad curry.

His fight against his best opponent to date in 'Chad Curry'

Showed good footwork, cage and defence awareness, got his back off the cage quickly, lots of footwork and an oblique kick and heavy hands till the finish. Basically cannon fodder for Ferguson.

Who tf?

Man, what a blow to this card.

Just over 1 week to go and we got 3 amazing cards, I think by then we would have forgot about chiesa and Landon lol

I think the change is interesting still, Linekar and Mcdonald now a 5 round event, Mcdonald maybe has the cardio advantage? And linekar itd now a decent play to consider.

Am thinking linkekar itd, mcdonald sub r4/r5 tiny stab.

Just over 1 week to go and we got 3 amazing cards, I think by then we would have forgot about chiesa and Landon lol

I think the change is interesting still, Linekar and Mcdonald now a 5 round event, Mcdonald maybe has the cardio advantage? And linekar itd now a decent play to consider.

Am thinking linkekar itd, mcdonald sub r4/r5 tiny stab.
I liked Lineker by dec before this happened, and think I still will. Thats the one silver lining, price will be even better for me

I liked Lineker by dec before this happened, and think I still will. Thats the one silver lining, price will be even better for me

I actually like Lineker dec in a 5 rounder more than 3 rounder tbh.

Interesting UFC seem to be bringing in newbies instead of shelving a fighter. First Khabib now Ferg. Gutted tho was loving Ferg as parlay fodder.

Interesting UFC seem to be bringing in newbies instead of shelving a fighter. First Khabib now Ferg. Gutted tho was loving Ferg as parlay fodder.
I'm guessing Ferg like Khabib just wanted to fight at this point. And unfortunately there were no better options. If only the UFC didn't give a shit about Ross Pearson so they could switch Brooks and this newbie :D

Ferg pearson would be great would have dropped my br on ferg
I was saying that in hopes they would fuck Pearson over and switch the noob and Brooks lol. Would love to see Brooks vs Ferg. Could be semi boring ala Ferg vs Castillo, but it would be very interesting.

Think Ferg would mollywhop Ross.

5d cancelled all the lineker bets including the ml, loved that opener

5d cancelled all the lineker bets including the ml, loved that opener
Same happened to me. But today I logged in and they apparently uncancelled it. Lineker related bets went back to 'pending' status...

the ML bets should stay pending. the o/u and props could void, tho

That seems to be the case, since my Lineker DEC bet @+280 is still cancelled. Which sucks, because I liked that outcome the best by far.

That seems to be the case, since my Lineker DEC bet @+280 is still cancelled. Which sucks, because I liked that outcome the best by far.

yea but in fairness to anyone who did that, getting two extra rounds tacked on is unfair.. in fact you might get a better price as a result if you still like it

yea but in fairness to anyone who did that, getting two extra rounds tacked on is unfair.. in fact you might get a better price as a result if you still like it
It would totally be unfair, but in the same token you'd think a 5 rounder would also change the ML, since it could potentially affect either fighter. So I'm a bit surprised they didn't cancel that line also and re-release it.

To clarify:

Let's say you have Lineker in a 3-part parlay, he's -175 for a 3 rounder. If they'd cancel and re-release the odds, even if the ML is exactly the same, it's more fair because I can reconsider if I think the ML still holds value in a 5 rounder. Now you're stuck with those odds, thinking he only had to fight 3 rounds. Not a huge deal, really, don't have much on him at the moment, but it's still something to think about.

I really liked the DEC line for Lineker in a 3 rounder, in a 5 rounder it's in limbo for me.

Last edited:
I was watching mcdonalds few last fights and really he can leave himself quite open at times, faber was countering nicely with mcdonald and dazing him at times especially before he locked in that choke finish.

Issue is Linekar just plants his feet has a stone chin and is happy to take a few to land just one, and one is all he needs to change the direction of the fight. Mcdonald does have power and speed but not the same as linekar imo.

I can see why people like linekar decision, but do reckon he finishes mcdonald, linekar also has a powerful guillotine too.

man i think lineker walks right through mcdonald. i really do. mcdonald pulled that last one out of his ASS. he couldn't deal with kanehara's strength.. what's he gonna do when lineker stands in front of him and throws heat.. i think he gets knocked over repeatedly and eventually tko'd

man i think lineker walks right through mcdonald. i really do. mcdonald pulled that last one out of his ASS. he couldn't deal with kanehara's strength.. what's he gonna do when lineker stands in front of him and throws heat.. i think he gets knocked over repeatedly and eventually tko'd
Wasn't he getting wrestle fucked vs Kanehara? I don't think Lineker will come in to wrestle, plus McDonald was coming off a long lay off so there might have been a lot of cage rust.

That bad a performance was more than cage rust he looked downright awful. I defo favour Lineker here.

Agreed. More than cage rust.

And yea, kanehara wrestled him, but strength edge ia absolutely there

I'm on Lineker and while I agree he has a great chin it hasn't really been tested much after moving up in weight. Mcdonald packs big power which concerns me a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back