UFN 92 - Caceres vs Rodriguez - Utah

Status
Not open for further replies.
pretty sure caceres took that fight on ridiculously short notice man.
They both did. That was the fight that went from Penn vs Siver to Cole vs Caceres.

Honestly, I don't think Caceres lasts more than 2 rounds. But if he does, I don't buy him all of a sudden taking over. Vs Rosa was at elevation, vs Hooker he seemed OK and took 30-27s, and vs Fili he was doing all sorts of crazy shit and seemed OK. Doesn't seem like there is a huge cardio discrepancy in this one.

yeah didn't cole have 1 month whereas caceres had about 2 weeks?

Which part?
the points already been brought up that he took the fight on pretty short notice. Can't really make any assumptions going forward regarding that fight other than Cole is fade material lol

btw just adding to the discussion of fighters gassing out- isn't Salt Lake City, Utah at elevation?

the points already been brought up that he took the fight on pretty short notice. Can't really make any assumptions going forward regarding that fight other than Cole is fade material lol
btw just adding to the discussion of fighters gassing out- isn't Salt Lake City, Utah at elevation?
Yeah you're right, bad fight to judge off of.

Idk how elevation works, but its 1,000 feet less than Denver. 4,550 to be exact above sea level. If someone can confirm if thats significant lol than it definitely changes things and makes Camozzi worth a look now

doesn't chris camozzi train out of denver? which is also at elevation :)

camozzi apparently trains out of a camp called "factory x" which i've never heard of. anyone?

like JB said, Salt Lake City is at elevation compared, to say, Los Angeles, but a decent amount lower than Denver. I wonder if we should take this into account. First UFC event in Utah so it's not like we can go back and look at previous fight history either

Holy fuck i'm trying to do my research and Mexico City is 2,000 feet higher than Denver, 3,000 feet higher than Salt Lake City. Jesus.

From what i'm reading, even though SLC is less than those two, its still a above sea level enough that it does affect people.

Higher elavation = more fighters gassing = more decisions?

Los Angeles elevation: 305 ft (93 m)
San Diego elevation: 422 ft (129 m)
Las Vegas elevation: 610 m (2,001 ft)
Salt Lake City elevation: 1,288 m (4,226 ft)
Denver elevation: 5,130–5,690 ft (1,564–1,731 m)
Mexico City elevation: 2,250 m (7,380 ft)

We had the classic gas-fest cards in Denver and Mexico City. The more heavyweights on the card, the sloppier it will get after Round 1.

On this card, we have the following weight classes:

1 strawweight
4 featherweight
1 lightweight
2 welterweight
2 middleweight
2 heavyweight

something worth noting, kawajiri has only lost to guys with high level wrestling (alvarez, melendez, guida, bermudez) in recent years. in the melendez fight (strikeforce), kawajiri wasn't able to get the fight to the ground and melendez boxed his face off with the KO coming straight after a sprawl.

cub swanson has had problems with wrestlers. he was dominating ricardo lamas on the feet before he got too wild, then got taken down and subbed. frankie edgar basically took swanson down at will. swanson loves to throw heat but he's going to have to be really composed here if he doesn't want to end up on his back. logic suggests swanson can win with superior striking accuracy, speed (this is probably fastest guy in the division versus slowest) and footwork, but swanson's eagerness to scrap is a real concern.

if kawajiri gets a hold of swanson, i can see him getting dragged to the mat. kawajiri is definitely slowing down at age 38 but he's still ridiculously strong. i do favour swanson here but can't play him if he's juiced, since kawajiri has a clear path to victory (possibly sub but more likely lnp).

i think i spend more time on fightpass than i do actually conversing with real human beings.

I know that I'm going to end up betting on this card to a greater or lesser degree just to entertain myself on Saturday evening. But looking over the card, I can't help but think how the F is anyone supposed to guess how any of these fights play out, lol? I'd almost feel better just giving up and doing a stupid betting scheme like round robinning every underdog than trying to earnestly watch video and analyze the matchups in a serious manner. And forget laying juice on any moneyline or over/under.

I know that I'm going to end up betting on this card to a greater or lesser degree just to entertain myself on Saturday evening. But looking over the card, I can't help but think how the F is anyone supposed to guess how any of these fights play out, lol? I'd almost feel better just giving up and doing a stupid betting scheme like round robinning every underdog than trying to earnestly watch video and analyze the matchups in a serious manner. And forget laying juice on any moneyline or over/under.
Looks like a solid livebetting card. Lines will determine a lot as always, but I like the four fs1 prelims for betting potentially

100% one of those cards to just enjoy rather than bet. I can see a lot of people getting sloppy and regretting it on this one

100% one of those cards to just enjoy rather than bet. I can see a lot of people getting sloppy and regretting it on this one
Thoughts on Ponz/Cummings? def leaning Cummings here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back