UFN 92 - Caceres vs Rodriguez - Utah

Status
Not open for further replies.
Taking the Sham route and trying to find my favourite two teamer. I'm liking moroz + bermudez, also considering bermudez + leites/cammozi o2.5. I know you like Cub here Sham but crusher definitely has a path to victory via lnp

Leites/Camozzi is really a toss up imo.

Mousasi clearly beat Leites, yes, but it really wasn't all that dominant. Leites did catch Moose a couple times, and I believe even stunned him once or twice. Camozzi is definitely either peaking, or gonna take an L here and continue to be just an average UFC fighter.

I'll have to go back and watch some film on Cummings, as I was thinking Ponz with the forsure win but now you guys got me second guessing myself. But as far as Leites/Camozzi, I'm gonna be going with Leites

With all that said, I agree that Leites is horrible at takedowns, or atleast he was against Moose. Could be a USADA thing too. Hmmmm

the court/ponz fight was highly competitive until court shot a very telegraphed td and got tagged. zak won't do something like that.

you could compare cummings to laflare, who beat ponz decisively (very strong, fast, wrestling background, great athlete, pushes a pace for 3 rounds, solid striking).

i strongly lean cummings here. apparently he caught an injury in the gunnar nelson fight which lead to the finish, other than that he's looked great.

The line is pretty off in this one, but I wouldn't be the least surprised if Ponz puts on a show. He's hitting hit his prime, and will crack the top 10 in no time with these kind of performances. His boxing is so crisp and precise, and he puts his combination together pretty good. Always looking for 3-4 punches instead of the ol' 1-2. Cummings is one of the 1-2 guys, and I could easily see him loosing a dec (if it goes that far) by much lower output. IMO is Cummings not a counter fighter, and I think that Ponz will push the pace once he gets his range in place, as he always does. Putting away McGee is no easy task. Cummings should be looking to graple only if he wants to win this, but I think that he sometimes think too highly of his own boxing. That will fail if he continue to strike with Ponz. Ponz is dangerous enough as it is, but I won't be surprised if we see him improve even more.

Am I the only one that think under 2.5 @ 2.250 is worth a look? I probably won't touch the ML on any sides quite yet.

Mousasi clearly beat Leites, yes, but it really wasn't all that dominant. Leites did catch Moose a couple times, and I believe even stunned him once or twice. Camozzi is definitely either peaking, or gonna take an L here and continue to be just an average UFC fighter.

I'll have to go back and watch some film on Cummings, as I was thinking Ponz with the forsure win but now you guys got me second guessing myself. But as far as Leites/Camozzi, I'm gonna be going with Leites

With all that said, I agree that Leites is horrible at takedowns, or atleast he was against Moose. Could be a USADA thing too. Hmmmm

If you see it as a toss up, why not take the dog?

Leites/Camozzi and cummings/ponz are sounding best for live betting, but do agree cummings decision, ponz ko props and lb inbetween sound a great idea.

For Leites/Camo bit more tougher to predict a prop play I find, leites an excellent black belt in bjj (no sub losses) and 1 ko loss, and camo got 2 sub losses by jacare rest all decision more or less, maybe the over props or just live bet that one out right.

Its pretty hard to not like the favorites or bigger names on this event, bermudez and cub should pick up Ws here, may need to do a parlay though.

Taking the Sham route and trying to find my favourite two teamer. I'm liking moroz + bermudez, also considering bermudez + leites/cammozi o2.5. I know you like Cub here Sham but crusher definitely has a path to victory via lnp

Here ya and you are right. I just feel with the gameplan to keep kawa on back foot this is becomes a very hard fight for kawa. And im sure jackson has come up with that plan. Kawa looked scared when him and bermudez were on the feet

Zack Cummings has made me some money in the past. He's underrated for sure. However Santiago is imo a fighter on the rise. I think his standup is well ahead of Cummings. And if he's made the strides in the tdd department that a fighter with his style should be aiming for he might give zack fits

At this point it's dog or pass as I think at least zak is more reliable imo

I favor yair by a healthy margin.

Never liked Bermudez as a fighter. He should focus on Crossfit and lemon drinking.

Wouldn't touch camozzi or girl fight

I disagree. Mousasi vs Leites was total domination. Did Leites landed a couple of punches? Of course, it was a 15 min MMA fight but he never hurt Mousasi. He does not have that kind of power.

I see this fight as a 15 minutes close striking contest with nobody getting a clear edge.

I think Kawa has a good chance of beating Swanson. He is a grinder and that is the easiest path to beat Cub.
Not saying it would happen (Kawa is old as shit) but he may do that for 2 rounds and survive 1 more.

I hope Cub wins because I want to see Korean Superboi vs Cub.

I disagree. Mousasi vs Leites was total domination. Did Leites landed a couple of punches? Of course, it was a 15 min MMA fight but he never hurt Mousasi. He does not have that kind of power.

I see this fight as a 15 minutes close striking contest with nobody getting a clear edge.

I wonder how the Camozzi DEC will look like? Perhaps a stab at that instead of his ML, if it is significantly higher

I think Kawa has a good chance of beating Swanson. He is a grinder and that is the easiest path to beat Cub.
Not saying it would happen (Kawa is old as shit) but he may do that for 2 rounds and survive 1 more.

His standup is awful tho. Bermudez was landing at will but kept initiating clinches and even guida dropped him. If he fights with the fear factor he showed against bermudez when at range standing i cant see him attempting many td's which to be succesful he will need to hit off the front foot. He also slows down badly by r3.

Zack Cummings has made me some money in the past. He's underrated for sure. However Santiago is imo a fighter on the rise. I think his standup is well ahead of Cummings. And if he's made the strides in the tdd department that a fighter with his style should be aiming for he might give zack fits

At this point it's dog or pass as I think at least zak is more reliable imo

I favor yair by a healthy margin.

Never liked Bermudez as a fighter. He should focus on Crossfit and lemon drinking.

Wouldn't touch camozzi or girl fight

Completely agree. Asi said earlier ponz has great get ups id be very surprised if cummings could keep him down.

As long as Cub fights Kawa like he did Dias he should win this handily. The crouched over at the waist stance Cub employed in that fight made it VERY hard for Dias to even attempt a takedown, nevermind score one.

Korean super boi would murk cub

unless leites gets him down at some point, then it's survival mode for camozzi

as for mousasi vs leites, the big question is: how much of it was leites slowing down and how much of it was mousasi kicking ass? and make no mistake, i agree with salvadorallende here... it was domination. mousasi smashed him. leites is one of the few guys who wouldn't get finished there (and proof to me that camozzi can't finish leites barring a total fluke)

let's not forget that mousasi backed that performance up with a BLUDGEONING of t.santos, too.

As long as Cub fights Kawa like he did Dias he should win this handily. The crouched over at the waist stance Cub employed in that fight made it VERY hard for Dias to even attempt a takedown, nevermind score one.

Dias attempted about three takedowns but he found it so difficult getting anywhere near cubs hips or legs unless you are watching closely you wont even realise.

Kawa landed 4 td's on siver and had 7 or 8 stuffed. Two he landed were off kicks and one from siver initiating the td attempt. Kawa only landed one clean td where he didnt catch a leg or have siver clinch with him. Siver is also slower than cub and doesnt have the footwork of cub. Siver backs up in a straight line too cub instinctively circles away from the fence. Siver didnt pressure kawa enough gave him far too much room to move forward and spam singles didnt make kawa respect his striking enough. Id like to see cub come out right away and land some bombs on kawa immediately so he respects that power and therefore make him hesitant to close the gap. Based on bermudez fight tho i expect kawa to hesitate from the get go but cub needs to make sure thats the case and stamp his authority all over this fight from the get go.

38 too nearly 50 fights thats gotta show soon enough too. I rally feel there is a huge gulf standing here and i really think thats going to make kawa hesitant to close the distance.

unless leites gets him down at some point, then it's survival mode for camozzi

as for mousasi vs leites, the big question is: how much of it was leites slowing down and how much of it was mousasi kicking ass? and make no mistake, i agree with salvadorallende here... it was domination. mousasi smashed him. leites is one of the few guys who wouldn't get finished there (and proof to me that camozzi can't finish leites barring a total fluke)

let's not forget that mousasi backed that performance up with a BLUDGEONING of t.santos, too.

Ive not rewatched the fght but to me mousasi has come into his own. Really hope i can get camozzi dec @ +300.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
durbanik916
Back