UFN 94 - Johnson vs Poirier - Texas

Status
Not open for further replies.
That barboza and mj fight throws a massive spanner in the works when trying to figure out mj, only thing I reckon is mj was a demon possessed or just on something that night lol

He did mention its his 3rd fight and already 2 losses so he is happy ufc is confident to give him a tough match up and on the main card, doubt both fighters will wish to go to r4 or r5 really, reckon dustin's chin holds better at this new weight class and eventually he locks a sub on mj being the better all round fighter if not helbows gnp style like he did against duffy, either way see it finishing itd.

Hate hall after that large moose play, awesome counter strike fighter the kind that could give brunson problems but if he turns up is the real bet, will still add hall in a hail mary prop though.

Otherwise great card for live betting, blancos a decent dog, few similar evenish lines on few like wade/islam so looking forward to some live betting.

Bruson's loses are Yoel and Jacare, and he's on a four fight win streak at the moment, that has to help his confidence. Hall is known to give in and has a few fights where he is just there but not doing anything for rounds at a time. On paper I would favour Brunson, but I have terrible results picking fights.

MJ being down two and looking to get back into the winning bracket could go either way, maybe he will be panicked in there and feel under pressure which will led to him rushing in and making mistakes, or he may have took the time away to regain confidence and focus. Dustin on the other hand is on a four fight win streak and against decent competition, he's looked good in all of those fights too. Again, on paper, you would have to go with Dustin.

Yup. He has a 5 inch reach advantage which is pretty significant at 145. That being said, Sam has solid power so it's not a lock by any means. I just don't see why he is the favorite when Benitez has more physical tools to win this.
Agreed, not a lock at all and one i'm worried about. If Benitez can avoid takedowns or get back up quick though, it will bring my heart rate down a bit. Sicilia favors hooking power shots too much and Benitez comes off as a simple but thoughtful striker who definitely has a good left straight to disrupt those power shots and a nice leg kick for when Sicilia puts too much weight on that front leg. Should be a coinflip fight on the odds so had to play it.

[QUOTE="Bork Lazer, post: 121581133,
-Maximo Blanco looked fantastic. Best shape I have ever seen him in. If he fights smart (which is iffy) and can fight off a few TDs, I think he can win this fight convincingly.

I agree about Blanco looking great and have 1.5U on him in this fight, but was it just me or did Skelly actually look like he had some muscle tone and energy at weigh-ins? In past fights iirc he always looked skinny fat and lethargic.[/QUOTE]

This is very true. I gave props to Blanco but Skelly looked MUCH better than previous weigh ins. Looks like that move down to Blackzilians did him some favors.

Just checked his Instagram and he talked about how great this cut was. Could be interesting fight.

I think Blanco SHOULD be able to use his vastly superior speed and stand-up to peice Skelly up and avoid getting clinched and taken down, however knowing him he will probably get over aggresive and extend to much, get taken down and subbed in the 1st lol

Just watched Hall's interview and his little 'I'm hungry, I'm tired speech' makes him come across as a major prick, full of himself, I hope Brunson pins him to the cage and canvas for two and half rounds and then finishes him with elbows, just to prolong his bad night.

9542133.jpg

Sherdog powers that be should really consider adding that face to the smiley collection

lol! i can't even tell who that is?? glenn or something?

Agreed, not a lock at all and one i'm worried about. If Benitez can avoid takedowns or get back up quick though, it will bring my heart rate down a bit. Sicilia favors hooking power shots too much and Benitez comes off as a simple but thoughtful striker who definitely has a good left straight to disrupt those power shots and a nice leg kick for when Sicilia puts too much weight on that front leg. Should be a coinflip fight on the odds so had to play it.

Agreed.

One last tidbit to think about. Sicilia has the same reach as Chad Mendes.

lol! i can't even tell who that is?? glenn or something?
I think so? Horrible thing to say, but if Carlos Jr. got a haircut and developed down syndrome it could be him? But that is a hilarious face

I agree about Blanco looking great and have 1.5U on him in this fight, but was it just me or did Skelly actually look like he had some muscle tone and energy at weigh-ins? In past fights iirc he always looked skinny fat and lethargic.
Remember reading somewhere last week that Skelly cut out drinking and partying from his lifestyle for this camp. Could have played a role

Hall's weird but honestly nothing ever stuck out to me that would say hes a bad guy.

I'm kind of getting red flags on Poirier. Confidence is good, but its getting to the point where it sounds like hes overlooking MJ while MJ seems very focused. I mean, saying CD Ferreira would beat MJ? Cmon man lol
Im on the other side. Confidence increased on Poirier.

I think Dustin is really focused and he did his homework on studying Michael.

On the other hand MJ is delusional thinking the Diaz fight was too close to call and complaining about how bad his shoulders were, saying that DP did not fight anyone, etc.

I'm actually with Robbie on that one. If I could get that price I'd lay 1.7u or whatever it might be to win 10u. I think Brown by decision is most likely outcome.

I'm actually with Robbie on that one. If I could get that price I'd lay 1.7u or whatever it might be to win 10u. I think Brown by decision is most likely outcome.
I'm not going that big on a prop just 0.5u

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back