UFN 95 - Cyborg vs Lansberg - Brazil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any savvy BJJ scouts out there? How does Gilbert Burns' BJJ stack against Michel Prazeres'?

I feel like Prazeres has a better TD game being the tank that he is, and Gilbert has the better submission game.

If Michel finds himself on top, what happens here? Is Burns' BJJ that good that he could get a tap?

Cuz honestly, their MMA striking could be a deciding factor if they cancel eachother out on the mat. But I'm still not sure to what level is Burn's BJJ is above Prazeres if at all. I know he's won the medals and is highly decorated.

Anyone got any tips on this? @waiguoren you follow the BJJ scene don't you?

Any savvy BJJ scouts out there? How does Gilbert Burns' BJJ stack against Michel Prazeres'?

I feel like Prazeres has a better TD game being the tank that he is, and Gilbert has the better submission game.

If Michel finds himself on top, what happens here? Is Burns' BJJ that good that he could get a tap?

Cuz honestly, their MMA striking could be a deciding factor if they cancel eachother out on the mat. But I'm still not sure to what level is Burn's BJJ is above Prazeres if at all. I know he's won the medals and is highly decorated.

definitely burns is the better bjj'er, but i think prazeres prolly stronger / better wrestling...

what is burns like off his back? presumably tractor will be able to put him there like he has with everyone else.

definitely burns is the better bjj'er, but i think prazeres prolly stronger / better wrestling...

I'm intrigued by this match up a bit as a spectator, not so much betting wise.

But I feel Michel will open as a dog here and I want to know if he can hang with Burns here if/once it hits the mat. And wrestling is definitely key, but I know if there's a finish it'll be on Gilbert's end which is why I believe he will open as the favorite. Striking wise it 'could' be a wash but Gilbert sure is taking a while to develop his stand up despite being with Hooft. Prazeres is a bit underrated in that aspect but it's maybe cause people are afraid to get taken down by him. But Gilbert might be a special case here depending on their BJJ skill level which pretty much goes back to the question I'm trying to ask here.

what is burns like off his back? presumably tractor will be able to put him there like he has with everyone else.

He's hits his armlocks like a knife through butter.

Tractor could put Gilbert on his back but is that really where he wants to be? I can't imagine a situation where Michel LnPs for long stretches of time. If he's able to rinse and repeat by disengaging maybe.

Both guys are ranked as 2nd degree black belts but Gilbert has creds up the ass.

i definitely give burns the advantage in the standup. he actually looked halfway decent against magomedov who has excellent boxing and just outclassed him. i think tractor will aim to lay and pray his way to a decision.

if burns is a slight fav i'll probably play him. i need to watch some tape as this is also a fight that intrigued me as soon as it was announced.

Sup dudes. I've been doing bjj (with some breaks for injures/depression) for abotu 10 years. I also watch just about all the fights. Maybe I could watch some recent fights on burns vs Prazeres and do a breakdown if anyone would care haha. I like breaking shit down.

all 8 times bigfoot has been ko'd have been in rd 1.

ALMOST all of nelson's ko's are in rd 1

if he gets out of that first, if he gets INTO the fight, he has a good chance.

So what you're saying is go heavy on Nelson round 1 and if he somehow miraculously doesn't connect on the biggest head and weakest chin in MMA, then live bet BF after round 1???

So what you're saying is go heavy on Nelson round 1 and if he somehow miraculously doesn't connect on the biggest head and weakest chin in MMA, then live bet BF after round 1???
Roy's cardio really isn't bad enough to bet BF after round 1, he was still chasing the GOAT Jared Rosholt in round 3 winging right hands. Literally all he has to do is jab that chin.

I think Trinaldo is massively undervalued. Hit him for 8 units and put 6 units on a Barao/Sanots/Cyborg parlay. Was going to add Nelson but then I thought about it for a couple seconds and decided not to.

Prezeres has very little for Burns on the ground. Prezeres doesn't have great top control, it's good but he leaves a lot of openings. JC Cottrell was able to escape and threaten kimuras/arm rolls in places he shouldn't have, and Prazeres had a hard time holding him down. His wrestling is pretty good. He can hit a reactive takedown if you charge at him, but for the most part he doesn't set his shots up too well and doesn't seem to chain wrestle very well. His TDD is probably solid if for no other reason than he's a fucking bowling ball.

But the kind of mistakes Prazeres was making that allowed Cottrell to escape and reverse position a few times are the kind of mistakes Burns doesn't make. I think Burns submits him if it spends a significant amount of time on the mat.

Sup dudes. I've been doing bjj (with some breaks for injures/depression) for abotu 10 years. I also watch just about all the fights. Maybe I could watch some recent fights on burns vs Prazeres and do a breakdown if anyone would care haha. I like breaking shit down.
Of course man.. breakdowns are always welcome here. This is all about it. Helping eachother and breaking the bookies.

I think Trinaldo is massively undervalued. Hit him for 8 units and put 6 units on a Barao/Sanots/Cyborg parlay. Was going to add Nelson but then I thought about it for a couple seconds and decided not to.

you can't say that, he's favored over felder, who is highly thought of and usually a pretty respected guy in terms of odds

Prezeres has very little for Burns on the ground. Prezeres doesn't have great top control, it's good but he leaves a lot of openings. JC Cottrell was able to escape and threaten kimuras/arm rolls in places he shouldn't have, and Prazeres had a hard time holding him down. His wrestling is pretty good. He can hit a reactive takedown if you charge at him, but for the most part he doesn't set his shots up too well and doesn't seem to chain wrestle very well. His TDD is probably solid if for no other reason than he's a fucking bowling ball.

But the kind of mistakes Prazeres was making that allowed Cottrell to escape and reverse position a few times are the kind of mistakes Burns doesn't make. I think Burns submits him if it spends a significant amount of time on the mat.
You actually think Bigfoot can still win a fight in the UFC?

Also disagree about Trinaldo, he's getting old and has been over achieving. I don't rate Felder but the line should probably be even.

So u think Trinaldo should be like -200?

Just watched Nelson and Bigfoots last few fights, forget what I said about worrying about Nelson

I did the same parlay only I used Hoy instead of Cyborg. The biggest risk is renan if at all

can somebody please talk me out of including Nelson in a parlay? He's gonna win, obvs, but betting on shot heavyweights is stoooooopid. Yet I find myself drawn to doing it...help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back