1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

UFN 95 pbp/discussion

Discussion in 'MMA Betting Discussion' started by EzFlyer, Sep 24, 2016.

1. LEMONZEST Planning parlays...

Barry for prez.

-6u for me

2. RyuDave Green Belt

Glad wasn't just me who shit out last night.
    I litteraly got 1 out of 10 right

3. NinjaCat456 Green Belt

I feel like I ignored the sound advice somebody gave on here a couple of weeks ago about needing to be a Kenyan rather than a Jamaican in this game.

Last night I tried to be a Jamaican. I went massive on the Santos-Barao-Nelson treble and got burnt. Going back to being a Kenyan next week, it's more boring but it works.

4. Johnbmma1 White Belt

-4 units for me
    21-9 on cards
    Have a parlay with Nelson that's still alive that will hopefully make this card forgettable
    Santos rly screwed me. I was very close to having a huge night smh

5. piglord Black Belt

santos killed everyone.

6. NinjaCat456 Green Belt

I hate him lol. Top 15 my arse, he can go to bellator.

7. Johnbmma1 White Belt

woahhhhhh timeout, I did my math wrong like a dumb ass. I actually won money last night. I'm an idiot.

I'm up 4.7 units. Still hate Santos though. Could've been a much better night
    22-8 on cards lol

8. NinjaCat456 Green Belt

Wasn't it you who told me not to put Cyborg in my parlay because her odds were too juiced? Lol.

9. Johnbmma1 White Belt

this is what saved me

Yayha Dec + Formiga Dec + Patrick Dec
    .33 units won me 8.8 units

10. NinjaCat456 Green Belt

Good bet. I did get Yayha to win at 8/11 which was nice odds in hindsight. Bit of damage limitation on a disastrous night.

11. EzFlyer Titanium Belt

Long term is all that matters

12. AxeMurderer Orange Belt

I was the poster boy of what not to do when you bet. burns and Santos absolutely killed me, so i doubled up on trinaldo, made some back, doubled up again on roy and made back some more, then let it all ride on cyborg in the first to get back to the positive for the event. when cyborg was just content to let the fight stay in the clinch instead of making space and destroying her and the fight went to the second i lost my entire online bankroll. Lost $800 just like that.

Its something that i am working on, and had been doing so much better at not looking at losses as having to win money at every event but fell off the wagon last night. It sucks but something that most if not all of us have gone through. I am just going to put in a few hundred and start off betting small again, try to learn from my mistake, and learn how to take a loss and not to over extend myself even if it seems too good to be true. Because nothing is a sure thing. I hope this helps someone in the future think twice about hitting the confirm bet button when they take a bad loss. because more times then not, when you double or triple up trying to make up what you just loss, you end up going deeper and deeper in the hole.

13. Sham5916910 Silver Belt

Man never seen one fighter burn so many people.

Some advice i'd like to give out guys is never bet more than you are willing to lose (i'd recommend 10 units as an absolute max - my max is around 7 units). And equally as big don't chase. As someone said above it's a marathon not a sprint. Just suck it up and move on to the next event. Everyone chasing on Cyborg r1 (a prop bet no less) was crazy.

14. EzFlyer Titanium Belt

cyborg wasn't content to stay in clinch, lansberg wouldn't let go..

and as far as "max units willing to lose" -- that is gonna vary for everyone. but you should have a general idea of how much is too much.

you should absolutely never bet more than you're willing to lose. no one fight is ever worth it. we have mma almost every weekend nowadays