1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

UFN 96 pbp/discussion

Discussion in 'MMA Betting Discussion' started by EzFlyer, Oct 1, 2016.

1. SBJJ Steel Belt

Just don't know what to say. Some of u seem to have just seen it different. I'm not saying Lineker clearly won. But I had a good feeling he would win. And I wasn't sweating it. I'm actually surprised no judge had it 49-46. I'm sorry, but Dodson actually did run at times. And it cost him.

2. Joseph Budden Banned Banned

Lol are you serious? They're different fights. Youre one of these guys who wins a bet and feels all of a sudden he needs to act almighty huh. Great another one of these types.

3. Brick Top Yellow Swag Banned

Lol what? I said this fight was speed vs power and it was close. The only reason Lineker arguably won here was because his chin is ridiculous and his cardio was better than I expected.

Cruz and TJ have better footwork and cardio and higher output. It honestly wouldn't be close. Lineker beats everyone else though as long as his chin holds up.

4. Brick Top Yellow Swag Banned

I can't take anyone who uses the word "running" in MMA seriously. It's the biggest sign you have absolutely no fucking idea what you're talking about.

5. Joseph Budden Banned Banned

Dodson ran. i guess no one should ever look to counter, just plant feet and throw bombs

Lineker isn't a one note guy who only pushes forward with heavy hooks....even though he did that for 25 mins

Dodson = Cruz & Dillashaw now and Lineker winning this showed hes a championship level fighter.

Good Lord what winning a bet will do to some people

6. SBJJ Steel Belt

Bro, this was argued endlessly. The Lineker backers said everything u just said. But Dodson backers said Dodson could do all that.

Saying TJ smokes Lineker easy IMO is the same hyperbole that Dodson backers used this damn fight.

U guys realize that both Zombie Barao and Joe Soto were able to connect on TJ. But u think Lineker will not land ONE damn strike? How can u say this stuff with a straight face

7. SBJJ Steel Belt

Ok bro. I think maybe u and I should just stay clear of each other.

I'd suggest just giving congrats to all right sides of a bet no matter if u win or lose. Not go full Barry and make excuses and act like the other side is still less intelligent even though they made the correct bet.

8. EzFlyer Titanium Belt

nakamura-zaleski
    dodson-lineker
    frankenstein-christensen?

9. Joseph Budden Banned Banned

It was a close fight. The major factor was Lineker's output, thats literally it. Every other argument proved valid from both sides, but just one talking point really decided the fight.

Its not, cause they're not the same fighter at all. Smh.

No one is saying Lineker won't land, but he will get 49-46'd by Cruz or TJ. Do you really not understand that Dodson is not like either of those guys?

10. Brick Top Yellow Swag Banned

It's what being a clueless casual fan will do to you

People expect fighters to glue their feet to the middle of the canvas and windmill overhands at each other until one of them drops

Same morons who hated on Mayweather for schooling guys like Canelo

11. EzFlyer Titanium Belt

12. EzFlyer Titanium Belt

guys, i know some of us lost some $, i know this kind of thing can be emotionally charged, but let's keep it friendly, keep it civil. if someone says something rude, turn a blind eye or pm me about it, don't perpetuate immature behavior

13. cberasi Green Belt

It only means you don't properly understand how judges will consider that into how they rule the fight

14. SBJJ Steel Belt

I understand that TJ takes punishment. And that could hurt him against Lineker. I also know that it would be lame for me to say Lineker will easily smoke TJ.

15. SBJJ Steel Belt

Probably best to just let it go at this point. I don't think the argument is being understood.

16. EzFlyer Titanium Belt

i agree that TJ and cruz are the toughest fights for cruz.. but they're the toughest fights for everyone at 135... they're 1-2-3, hard to argue, for 135, no?

tho i disagree that he has "no chance" vs them. cruz would be tougher, cause he's just harder to hit.

would love to see marlon moraes come to the ufc, i think he could compete with all 3 guys

17. Joseph Budden Banned Banned

So your argument is, TJ has been hit clean in his career like basically every fighter to ever exist, and Dodson is fast even though not like TJ at all in any other regard, so that equates to Lineker being able to beat him? OK then

18. Brick Top Yellow Swag Banned

WTF are you talking about now? I'm talking about people who call resetting to the center and not staying against the cage like a moron "running"

19. Brick Top Yellow Swag Banned

Dodson took Lineker's back at one point. Maybe a grappler would have a chance

20. EzFlyer Titanium Belt

could see that, what elite grappler at 135 could survive lineker / get him in that position at this point, tho?