UFN 98 - Ferguson vs RDA - Mexico City

Status
Not open for further replies.
As i'm sure you're all aware by now, elevation is a motherfucker. Gonna be keeping a real close eye on fighters for signs of fatigue, trigger finger ready hoping for some live bet opportunities.

Liking dariush, excellent counter striker similar to rashid and also has similar powerful leg kicks. Dariush has trained with RDA, so they have been drilling those similar rda leg kicks which dariush has added to his fighting style.

If this goes to the ground Dariush is a multi time ji jitsu champ (over 50 competitions) so has the advantage as well as being bjj black belt, he also knocked out vick the undefeated prospect in r1 last outing. Its a tough match up here but dariush is younger, taller and has better output here.

beltran is a home town fighter so should be used to the elevation. think he trains out of mexico city too?

MVyZAJy.jpg

beltran is a home town fighter so should be used to the elevation. think he trains out of mexico city too?

Looks like he trains at VFS in Chicago. Odds on this one will be interesting. Cannetti was robbed on TUF against him.

I think Ferg is a bit overrated in general. He is dangerous but he isnt a guy who consistently wins rounds.

Ferg thrives on scrambles and RDA is the opposite. RDA will aim to stay in the drivers seat and win rounds.

I actually think most likely way to win for Ferg is sub. However i def favour RDA by dec.

What i dislike about about Ferg is his reckless approach. Of course this makes him a fan favourite but i think this will catch up with him. And specifically RDA can capitalize on his reckless agression.

Imo its his recklessness that makes him so dangerous. Im also not convinced rda stops him hes not a finisher and ferg is hard as hell. Five rounds against a relentless tough as hell pressure fighter dangerous with subs and his hands is a dangerous recipe for anyone. Ferg is excellent at cutting you up too i can see this being a bloody chaotic fight where fergs cardio at 7000ft out lasts rda.

I think you're both right. Hehe ferg style makes him beatable but also tends to create openings .. it's good and bad.

IF we have the same RDA who had the belt, ferg is getting outpointed for 25 mins. Prime RDA is the single worst fight for ferg at 155

If hes damaged physically or mentally from the ko or the loss of the belt, then ferg could get to him later in the fight

I think you're both right. Hehe ferg style makes him beatable but also tends to create openings .. it's good and bad.

IF we have the same RDA who had the belt, ferg is getting outpointed for 25 mins. Prime RDA is the single worst fight for ferg at 155

If hes damaged physically or mentally from the ko or the loss of the belt, then ferg could get to him later in the fight

Yeah, this is why I am struggling to cap this one. Dos Anjos is a terrible matchup for Ferg, yet for some reason I don't want to lay any juice on him.

Wow I don't think either guy mind standing at all. Not saying it won't go to the mat too at times, but I think we'll get plenty of standup action.
Yeah you maybe right, RDA may not want to stand for long coming off a KO loss

Fuck yeah parlay fodder incoming! Well i think so subject to tape review.
NIcholson is a weird fighter, he is very aggressive and throws a lot of spinning shit from what I remember. It will probably play into Alvey's hand since he is pretty much only a counter puncher.

Liking dariush, excellent counter striker similar to rashid and also has similar powerful leg kicks. Dariush has trained with RDA, so they have been drilling those similar rda leg kicks which dariush has added to his fighting style.

If this goes to the ground Dariush is a multi time ji jitsu champ (over 50 competitions) so has the advantage as well as being bjj black belt, he also knocked out vick the undefeated prospect in r1 last outing. Its a tough match up here but dariush is younger, taller and has better output here.

I think Dariush needs to have a very strong 1st round -- like a really strong one -- by either finishing it there or at least landing a significant TD to take Rashid out of his game.

Rashid is like a computer because he will read your every movement from feints, patterns, reactions and he will adjust accordingly and program you into his counters. I remember he landed some combo against Burns and right at the end of it he stuck his leg out for Burns to kick and then gave Gilbert a right handed cross that dropped him it was beautiful.

With that said, there's a few things I've noticed about Rashid's skill set. He's got a very fast snap on his lead left body kick. Zero wind up and it's one of his best counter shots. That kick isn't available here against a southpaw. He's got other weapons too but I think that's his favorite range strike especially when guys try to exit.

I think Dariush has a solid shot at winning this but he needs the fight on the floor at some point. Or at least he needs Rashid to respect his TDs by mixing his game up. Beneil is a good striker too and he can definitely hang with Rashid but more time spent striking is giving ample time for Rashid to program you.

I'm a dog hunter so you know where my money will be at. But I'm prepared to live bet if it looks like Rashid gets his timing and range down.

Hmm does Arantes have a shot here against Erik Perez? I mean he's not out gunned anywhere really except maybe the wrestling.

He's always on his back and that's the only worry. Perez has been winning on top control in his past couple fights.

But at +175 I gotta consider it. I have a feeling if I put money on him I'm going to yell at my TV like, GET UP!! get up you bum!!

Is it worth it?

Hmm does Arantes have a shot here against Erik Perez? I mean he's not out gunned anywhere really except maybe the wrestling.

He's always on his back and that's the only worry. Perez has been winning on top control in his past couple fights.

But at +175 I gotta consider it. I have a feeling if I put money on him I'm going to yell at my TV like, GET UP!! get up you bum!!

Is it worth it?
I don't like this match-up for Arantes. I don't see him winning a decision, especially since Perez will have the hometown advantage in Mexico, as well as wrestling and aggression advantage.

How do you think Arantes will handle the elevation? This could be a big factor in him losing if Perez is able to use a lot of wrestling and clinching.

I don't like this match-up for Arantes. I don't see him winning a decision, especially since Perez will have the hometown advantage in Mexico, as well as wrestling and aggression advantage.

How do you think Arantes will handle the elevation? This could be a big factor in him losing if Perez is able to use a lot of wrestling and clinching.

I mean, that's exactly how I see Perez winning is with his wrestling. Arantes is easy to takedown. But it looks like lately he's been armbarring guys maybe that could be an outcome? Their striking is a bit of a wash but maybe Arantes has a slight edge there. Kinda like the NSC on Felipe.

Felipe is an interesting young fighter with mixed results and performances, its hard to not favour perez style in this match up though he is perhaps more well rounded and willing to win rounds, one thing though is perez has never been knocked out but he does have 2 sub losses and one of them was via an arm bar which is one of felipes favourite sub attempts (last 2 via armbar).

I think perez will wrestle and hug it out here and there with some striking thrown in to nab a decision, felipe via sub as a hedge in case.

This card is getting better by the day! Think i like Olives here his take downs are actually really good now think he can out scramble Lamas potentially.

Last edited:
This card just became alive and worth going to bed @ 5am !

As i'm sure you're all aware by now, elevation is a motherfucker. Gonna be keeping a real close eye on fighters for signs of fatigue, trigger finger ready hoping for some live bet opportunities.

confirm on twitter accounts when fighters arrive in mexico city. from what ive read, most people think that you need at least seven days to acclimate to the elevation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back