UK Kebab shop fights thread

They could skewer that tubby bastard and save some money on meat

Fat slob want kebab!

aww I thought he axe kicked him but upon re-watching I realise I was mistaken.

Gooooooooaaaaaal!

That's Chris Rea now...prime Rea (Road to Hell days) eats that kick and gets extra garlic sauce, no charge

Have Kebabs become more of a UK thing than it was in the Middle East like Pizza became more of an American thing?

Have Kebabs become more of a UK thing than it was in the Middle East like Pizza became more of an American thing?
No UK high street where nightclubs are present, are without kebab shops! Guaranteed!

Most serve anything from fried chicken & chips, to burgers etc but teh Kebab being teh main staple.

All have heavily accented foreign guys working there. Could be Turkish, who know's.

One of my local chains has this manager that might as well know me by first names tersms, the amount of times he's served me while being pissed! He's even been decent and given me discounts where I'm a loyal customer!

One time his Jnr worker fucked up my order only slightly, and he gave me a tonne of fried chicken along with my chicken burger & chips.

The doner kebab is an invention of Turkish community in Germany.
Germany is full of Turkish people (and now Syrians too).

The brown Muslim folk of the UK are generally south Asians, ie Pakistanis.

Pakistanis run the kebab shop industry everywhere in UK outside of London. In London there are enough Turks to run it, everywhere else it's a Pakistani thing.

So in Germany yes, the doner is more of a thing than in turkey. Just like new York pizza Vs Naples pizza.

In the UK it's a little more complicated because British kebab shops outside of London are also all chip shops.
"Fish & chips" was the original British fried fast food. But in any big city that isn't a seaside destination, chip shops are generally run by Pakistanis and they sell way more kebabs and fried chicken than fish.
Because the traditional fish types that actually taste good (cod, haddock etc) are all too expensive these days for typical fast food binging. White people also love to eat spicy food after getting tipsy.

Pakistanis run the kebab shop industry everywhere in UK outside of London. In London there are enough Turks to run it, everywhere else it's a Pakistani thing.

So in Germany yes, the doner is more of a thing than in turkey. Just like new York pizza Vs Naples pizza.

In the UK it's a little more complicated because British kebab shops outside of London are also all chip shops.
"Fish & chips" was the original British fried fast food. But in any big city that isn't a seaside destination, chip shops are generally run by Pakistanis and they sell way more kebabs and fried chicken than fish.
Because the traditional fish types that actually taste good (cod, haddock etc) are all too expensive these days for typical fast food binging. White people also love to eat spicy food after getting tipsy.
Even outside of London there are plenty of Turks or Kurds who run Kebab shops. Yes there is some crossover with Pakistanis but I'd say it's 50/50. And while a lot of Pakistanis run generic Chip/Chicken shops a lot of the traditional Fish and Chip shops are run by English people. At least where I live, I can think of 6 traditional Fish and Chip shops locally that are all run by White English.

Here in my part of Wales, they're all Kurdish.

Here in my part of Wales, they're all Kurdish.

Kurdish population have generally started to settle in the UK since the instability following Iraq war and especially since Daesh took up shop in Iraq. So they've mostly not been in UK for very long. But it's Interesting to hear that they have settled in Significant numbers in Wales. Been years since I spent significant time in Wales. But good memories or school trip type stuff there.

Back to kebabs,
The Pakistani inspired kebab generally rules the UK. You can tell it's the Pakistani version when the chicken one is bright red and flavoured like tandoori chicken.

Turkish doner in the UK (ie London) also only comes in pitta. In a Pakistani place the pitta is the small/low cost option and the "naan" version is the large deluxe option.
I've been to Germany and Austria and over there the Turkish places have several fresh baked bread options, rice box option aswell as a wide variety of fillings like halloumi cheese which you never see in the UK outside a hipster street food market in London.

Kurdish, Lebanese and Syrians don't actually usually offer doner kebab at all. They have shawarma which in the case of the beef/lamb version is definitely more premium as it's made of real pieces of meat unlike doner which is minced up, highly processed and mainly fat.

Kurdish,tend Lebanese and Syrians also tend to sell food in "wrap" or "plate" options. With the plate meaning you can get fries, rice or the like. And the wrap being a very thin flatbread (not a fat Pakistani/Indian type naan)

In my city the single kebab shop owned by a real Turkish family sells the Pakistani style doner along with the typical chilli sauce because that is what everyone knows and expects.
The same family has a sit in Turkish restaurant in which they sell the Turkish style.

Last edited:
Kurdish population have generally started to settle in the UK since the instability following Iraq war and especially since Daesh took up shop in Iraq. So they've mostly not been in UK for very long. But it's Interesting to hear that they have settled in Significant numbers in Wales. Been years since I spent significant time in Wales. But good memories or school trip type stuff there.

Back to kebabs,
The Pakistani inspired kebab generally rules the UK. You can tell it's the Pakistani version when the chicken one is bright red and flavoured like tandoori chicken.

Turkish doner in the UK (ie London) also only comes in pitta. In a Pakistani place the pitta is the small/low cost option and the "naan" version is the large deluxe option.
I've been to Germany and Austria and over there the Turkish places have several fresh baked bread options, rice box option aswell as a wide variety of fillings like halloumi cheese which you never see in the UK outside a hipster street food market in London.

Kurdish, Lebanese and Syrians don't actually usually offer doner kebab at all. They have shawarma which in the case of the beef/lamb version is definitely more premium as it's made of real pieces of meat unlike doner which is minced up, highly processed and mainly fat.

Kurdish,tend Lebanese and Syrians also tend to sell food in "wrap" or "plate" options. With the plate meaning you can get fries, rice or the like. And the wrap being a very thin flatbread (not a fat Pakistani/Indian type naan)

In my city the single kebab shop owned by a real Turkish family sells the Pakistani style doner along with the typical chilli sauce because that is what everyone knows and expects.
The same family has a sit in Turkish restaurant in which they sell the Turkish style.

Just my personal taste but UK/IE style kebab is a disgrace. Never understood how people can eat this shit.

Back to kebabs,

I think youll find that a lot of those Turks are actually Kurds.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
durbanik916
Back