Ultra Sensitive Notifications Icon

wwkirk

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
I'm presently using a new computer. The problem at issue is that within a half second of my cursor touching the Notifications Icon, it scrolls open. This wouldn't be a problem, except I'm not used to it. Previously, I had to actually click the icon in order for it to scroll open. But now, I wind up clicking and winding up on the full fledged notifications page. This is rather annoying.

I'm using Firefox. No other website is exhibiting this new hypersensitivity. Is there a setting I can adjust - browser or Sherdog or Windows - to get it back to normal?

Perhaps relevant. My present computer is not touch screen.

I'm presently using a new computer. The problem at issue is that within a half second of my cursor touching the Notifications Icon, it scrolls open. This wouldn't be a problem, except I'm not used to it. Previously, I had to actually click the icon in order for it to scroll open. But now, I wind up clicking and winding up on the full fledged notifications page. This is rather annoying.

I'm using Firefox. No other website is exhibiting this new hypersensitivity. Is there a setting I can adjust - browser or Sherdog or Windows - to get it back to normal?

I wonder if it’s a mouse sensitivity issue, but that doesn’t seem like that’s the case given it’s only the one icon your struggling with. I wonder if one of our local computer geniuses like @Madmick might have an idea

I wonder if it’s a mouse sensitivity issue, but that doesn’t seem like that’s the case given it’s only the one icon your struggling with. I wonder if one of our local computer geniuses like @Madmick might have an idea
I'll probably just get used to it the same way I'm getting used to not having the touch-screen feature.

Do you mean that as you put your mouse over the notification icon, it just opens?

Yes. Pretty much instantly, whereas with previous computers I had to click.
I'm assuming the same thing happens when you hover the mouse over the PM box as well?

For the record, the same thing happens to me (I also use Firefox), both on my desktop and laptop. I can't recall if my old laptop (which had a touch screen, new one doesn't because I never used the touch screen on the old one, didn't interest me) exhibited the same thing, because you mention your current computer is not touch screen. I never thought much about it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Gnuheart
Back