Unknown great songs from the past

Ogata

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I was listening to incolor and their song:

I realized that they are unknown and that is the only song they are well known for. Any great songs you know from the past ( from 80s, 90s and 2000s) that are unknown but amazing?

Theme song from Aculpulco Heat by Jefferies.

Robotech Minmei songs in English.

The Floyd in Pink Floyd

The Pink in Pink Floyd

He along with a buddy Simmie Dooley recorded 4 tunes in 1928, then...poof! Wouldn't record again until the early 50's. I have no idea how the guys in the band even knew about these cats and ya don't think them blues and Pink Floyd, a real...???

Last edited:
You've heard The Animals do it, both Waylon Jennings and Bob Dylan do great covers. Lead Belly did a version as the The Callahan Bros and Georgia Turner.

Well this is the original from 1933

Clarence Ashley a legend in old timey music, he also gave us the classic Little Sadie.

This is a bad ass tune, in a word....haunting.

Dude was a preacher, played around Memphis.

Last edited:
History buff here, love the old stuff.

Dude walked into Sun Records in Memphis mid 50.s recorded one record, then......poof!...back in the shadows from which he came never to be heard of again. What a shame.

It's 1942 Alan Lomax who works for The Library of Congress is roaming the south looking to record anyone with talent, so he comes upon a black church in Clarksdale Mississippi, this is what he found......

It's 1942 Alan Lomax who works for The Library of Congress is roaming the south looking to record anyone with talent, so he comes upon a black church in Clarksdale Mississippi, this is what he found......

Nice. I'm familiar with Brother Claude Ely's version but haven't heard the original.

Appreciate the work you're putting into the thread.

Worthy cover by the Detroit Cobras

Nice. I'm familiar with Brother Claude Ely's version but haven't heard the original.

Appreciate the work you're putting into the thread.

Don't think that was the original, homework time.

Thank you sir for the kind words, appreciate it. And, love new to me stuff, that version new to me.

Who can forget this....

Where did it come from, right here.....

Chris Thomas King plays the part of real life Delta bluesman Tommy Johnson (sold soul to Legba) His "Canned Heat" is where that blues/rock band Canned Heat got their name.

Canned heat some sort of moonshine mix, shoe polish?

Last edited:

Oh!!! We talkin' bout Brother Claude Ely?!?!? :)

As we know "Oh Brother Where Art Thou" centers around the Mississippi flood of 1927. Here is what is considered to be THE song that best tells the story.

Charley Patton is like beer, takes awhile , as you will see. He is as big as it gets in the blues world.

There is a mistake in the movie. While laying around the camp fire Tommy Johnson(Chris Thomas King) plays "Hard Time Killing Floor" that is a 1930 Skip James tune.

John Lee Hooker, Irma Thomas, Brother Claude Ely, very cool!!

Those phantoms who emerged out of the shadows gave us a record or two then.....poof!...gone, an interest of mine.

This is Henry Spaulding a St. Louis barber who recorded one record, this side a true classic. Why only one record, who knows?

Similiar situation here, he only recorded one record then found religion and gave up that Devils music to become a preacher. This is the best example of Mississippi Delta blues on record in my opinion.

Last edited:
Hard to believe this was done in one take, simply amazing....

Then there's...

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ruckus245
Back