Unsigned Heavyweights - Thread Four

Kiril Kornilov draw Sultan Murtazaliev

The main event ended in a draw between former Glory kickboxer Kiril Kornilov and Sultan Murtazaliev. The fight was largely a tepid affair with Kornilov pressuring and feinting but not throwing a lot of volume. Murtazaliev was able to secure several takedowns throughout the fight but couldn’t do a lot of work on the ground. Kornilov finally got going in the third round and was able to hurt his opponent with an uppercut and a body-head combination. The judges scored the fight a draw whilst I thought that Kornilov did enough to get the win. This will be a good learning opportunity for Kornilov as it showcased some holes in his game.

I'm trying a new thing, weekly recap of of regional MMA. You can check it out here:

https://mmascout.com/2020/07/13/global-roundup-10-13-july/

Feedback is always appreciated.

Thanks.

Mohammed Usman moves to 7-1 after beating an absolute can by UD in Titan FC. Looks like he was released by PFL but the UFC surely won't be sniffing around him until his performances improve.

fortune losses due to nut shot dq

Tapology has it down as a NC.

Said Sowma, who I think trains with ATT in Florida, moves to 5-1 - he picked up a win a good few weeks back I think, over a bit of a jobber though. He's on a good run but needs to start fighting better opposition to get the UFC interested. I could definitely see him invited to DWCS in November though.

Alikhan Vakhaev stopped Smoldarev in the first round moving up to 10-2. He hasn't lost since a wrestling heavy fight with Volkan Oezdemir in 2016, 6 fight win streak. He's probably 1 win away from a ACA titleshot, i assume.

Also, Elkhan Musaev (6-0) recently beat the bricked up LHW Alexander Maslov (4-1) and Adam Bogatirov (6-2), great 2020 for the russian wrestler so far.

Any of you guys know why Chi Lewis Parry isn't signed? He is undeafeated and just finished Maldonado, you would think the UFC would be interested in a 6'7 undefeated heavyweight even at his age.

Any of you guys know why Chi Lewis Parry isn't signed? He is undeafeated and just finished Maldonado, you would think the UFC would be interested in a 6'7 undefeated heavyweight even at his age.
he probably wont be signed due to him being 37 already.

he probably wont be signed due to him being 37 already.
Why tho last card they had juan espino who is 39, the division is thin as it is why not sign him.
They signed Roque martinez I mean Quality can't be the reason here.

Why tho last card they had juan espino who is 39, the division is thin as it is why not sign him.
LMAO fair enough. I think those guys are willing to fight for the classic 12k/12k whereas Chi Parry probably wants decent wages to get punched in the face.

LMAO fair enough. I think those guys are willing to fight for the classic 12k/12k whereas Chi Parry probably wants decent wages to get punched in the face.
My personal guess would be remnants of his horrible reputation within Glory due to his frequent last-minute pullouts against anyone with a pulse, they just got rid of Ray Borg for doing that, and he actually had good enough excuses rather than "the gloves don't fight".

Plus him barely salvaging a draw against a polish can twice can't look good.

If you look at his last fights it's not that impressive. Fabio was a name yes but he will lose once he will face someone younger and more hungry. Put him against a Russian and we will find out.

Oleg Popov decisions tough vet Baga Agaev and moves up to 8-1.
Wins over: Vyazigin (15-3), Bogatirov (6-2), Fedorov (5-2), Soldatkin (5-3) and Mondragon (42-22-1). Hopefully a step up coming soon, wouldn't mind seeing him at ACA.

Kirill Kornilov moves up to 5-0-1 after scoring a submission win over Anton Vinnikov (10-5).

due to sanctions, ACA fighters can't fight for ufc/bellator/wsoPFL unless the fight out their ACA contracts

long time absence but the new MMA fighters are rare, it's just old fighters I will resume when/if MMA recovers to 24 cards a week again after pandemic

Back