Unsigned Heavyweights - Thread Four

Khusein Adamov (10-1?) TKO'd Vyacheslav Ryabov R1 in what tapology has as a exhibition bout. Sherdog pro, for now at least.
Apparently it had different rules such as 3 minutes round and a maximum of 30 seconds of ground work per takedown, or something like that.
Size difference was pretty clear in the face offs, Ryabov is 6'6" and Adamov probably 6'3" instead of 6'5" as he is profiled out there.
f289a186eb126f42032072109926cccd.png

Adamov is building a gym and focusing on that if im not mistaken, so doesn't look like he is getting any more serious with his career. Shame.
when i was keeping track of weekly prospects for HW, Adamov was super active trying to fight eveyrwhere, and half his fights never happened or showed up on tapology. If I were to guess this is shady russian shit. hiding pro losses as combat sambo, exhibition and amateur, etc etc

anyone who cares that much about winning is rarely good, usually just has friends/sponsors/privilege to keep them being a face for whatever scheme runs this career

Speaking of Adamov and staying active, his only defeat so far came against Alexander Soldatkin, who was 1-1 back then.
Since that fight Soldatkin has improved to 9-3 (his 2 loses being to Popov and Shamil Abasov, solid guys), having fought 12 times in the last 3 years or so (won 10 of those, 8 pro, 2 amateur). That's some impressive activity, specially in the COVID era.
He's a fun, violent, athletic and fast young HW (28 years old). Someone to keep an eye on.

Last edited:
Big finish for Petersen. I still think he'd be a great 205'er, but he showed he can hang with tougher competition at HW. Maybe do Petersen vs Heiderman as the next fight, since those two have been the most consistent heavies in LFA lately.

Big finish for Petersen. I still think he'd be a great 205'er, but he showed he can hang with tougher competition at HW. Maybe do Petersen vs Heiderman as the next fight, since those two have been the most consistent heavies in LFA lately.

Yeah, he just doesn't 'look' like a HW to me, at all. He seems decent but I dunno.

Yeah, he just doesn't 'look' like a HW to me, at all. He seems decent but I dunno.
Same deal with Ledet though, and the wheels really fell off once he moved down.

I think he should just stick at HW until it doesn't work anymore. Better to not rock the boat. Chris Daukaus is the perfect example of what could be a blown up LHW, and he's just feasting on slower guys.

Final of AMC Fight Nights Superheaveweight Gran Prix is scheduled to happen at September 24th. Grigoriy Ponomarev (2-0) will fight Shamil Gaziev (5-0) they already fought as amateurs and Ponomarev won by decision. I haven't seen explanation why Gaziev is fighting since Yusup Shuaev (8-0-1) is the guy who fought in tournament and who is the finalist.

Aleksandr Maslov (now 8-1) defeated UFC vet Vinicius Moreira (falls to 10-6) by UD in a horrible title fight (5 rounds) for Open FC, in which both were gassed and looking like shit by R2.

Maslov just isn't a heavyweight.

On the same card, Alexander Soldatkin made quick work of Alex Coruja (falls to 10-6), stopping him by TKO via GNP R1, moving up to 10-3. He is now riding a 7 fight win streak, hopefully a step up in competition comes up next.

Open FC has some decents HW like Popov, Soldatkin and Sergey Bilostenniy, any of them would give Maslov a tough time and maybe a good fight, so no more brazilian grapplers please.

Final of AMC Fight Nights Superheaveweight Gran Prix is scheduled to happen at September 24th. Grigoriy Ponomarev (2-0) will fight Shamil Gaziev (5-0) they already fought as amateurs and Ponomarev won by decision. I haven't seen explanation why Gaziev is fighting since Yusup Shuaev (8-0-1) is the guy who fought in tournament and who is the finalist.
Strange, i thought that guy was done with MMA.

Last edited:
Aleksandr Maslov (now 8-1) defeated UFC vet Vinicius Moreira (falls to 10-6) by UD in a horrible title fight (5 rounds) for Open FC, in which both were gassed and looking like shit by R2.

Maslov just isn't a heavyweight.

On the same card, Alexander Soldatkin made quick work of Alex Coruja (falls to 10-6), stopping him by TKO via GNP R1, moving up to 10-3. He is now riding a 7 fight win streak, hopefully a step up in competition comes up next.

Open FC has some decents HW like Popov, Soldatkin and Sergey Bilostenniy, any of them would give Maslov a tough time and maybe a good fight, so no more brazilian grapplers please.

Strange, i thought that guy was done with MMA.

Maslov's stock really dropped due to his last two bouts against Henrique and now Moreira, who were both fringe UFC HWs

Maslov's stock really dropped due to his last two bouts against Henrique and now Moreira, who were both fringe UFC HWs
both were LHWs going out, and Maslov himself shouldn't be at HW tbh
Soldatkin or Popov would make for good challenges, Bilostenniy is his training partner apparently

Soldatkin or Popov would make for good challenges, Bilostenniy is his training partner apparently

Bilostenniy would absolutely murder him, so it's probably lucky he can't face him.

I think Wagner Prado would be the blown up Brazilian LHW to take Maslov out personally.

Bilostenniy would absolutely murder him, so it's probably lucky he can't face him.

I think Wagner Prado would be the blown up Brazilian LHW to take Maslov out personally.
Prado looked kinda good against Ragozin, i agree he would win, but as a fan of Caldeirao i want him to stick to 205, at HW he is so much less of a force..

Also agree on Sergey, he has very good hands. One of the faster HWs out there too.

If I am not mistaken Soldatkin in one of latest interviews announced that he refuses to fight other Slavic fighters.

Vakhaev destroys UFC vet Raphael Pessoa (1-2 UFC) by TKO R1, moving up to 10-4-1, dude's like a Chechen Cain Velasquez with his wrestling and GNP. Hasn't lost since 2015, 8 fight win streak.

Elkhan Musaev moves up to 7-1

According to video interview with Gadzhiev from AMC FN Shuaev got injured playing football and his recovery might take months so they decided to make this fight since Ponomarev last fought a many months ago.

A few updates to be had, apart from what has already been posted recently:

Malykhin KO'd Aliakbari (falls to 10-3), improving to 10-0

Bilostenniy KO'd Roggers Souza (falls to 10-5), improving to 8-2 (6 KOs, only 25 years old)

Oleg Popov submitted Marcos Brigagao (DWTNCS allum, falls to 14-3) improving to 13-1, riding a 11 fight win streak and 5 years undefeated.

Salimgerey Rasulov won a decision against former ACA title challenger Dmitry Poberezhets (falls to 26-7-1), improving to 22-7.

Evgeniy Goncharov TKO'd former ACA title challenger Daniel Omielanczuk (falls to 25-11-1), improving to 17-3.

Rizvan Kuniev got his shot at DWTNCS but did not perform well enough, winning by TKO R3 against Edivan Santos (falls to 12-3), what did not earn him a contract, but he still improved his record to 11-2.

Lukasz Brzeski won his DWTNCS fight and got signed to UFC. Props to him, but i don't rate him high, at all. Would be very surprised to see him winning many fights at heavyweight.

Martin Buday (8-1) and Hugo Cunha (6-0) will fight soon, October 12. @Paul L

M. Vakhaev, Malykhin and Kornilov are the top prospects of RN in my opinion.
A. Vakhaev and Hugo Cunha the darkhorses, clear high upsides but a lot of unknowns.
Bilostenniy the youngest.

Alexander Soldatkin needs a step up in competition. Same for Khusein Adamov.

Back