Unsigned Heavyweights - Thread Four

That Ben Tynan guy is weird looking! Like fucking Hulk Hogan

VANILLA THUNDER!!! :D

He's a character. He trains with Blaydes, Pauga, and those guys over at Team Elevation. He's a smaller heavy, fast, good wrestling, and he has a pretty intense pace. Only question will be his cardio.

He's a character. He trains with Blaydes, Pauga, and those guys over at Team Elevation. He's a smaller heavy, fast, good wrestling, and he has a pretty intense pace. Only question will be his cardio.

Very interesting cat. Like I said, never heard of him and I'm usually in the frame with up and comers. Certainly seems a ridiculously marketable guy if he can go 5-0 say

Seems to have the tools, teammates and look to be poached by a big organisation. I'd like to think ufc but Bellator are fantastic at pickup these 1-0 pros who have wrestling backgrounds because they can feed him 1-0 guys for 3-4 fights then give him a 4-2 guy.

Yorgan De Castro 8-3 vs. Junior dos Santos 21-9
Brian Mengeli 1-0 vs. Victor de Paula 5-2
Mark Currier 0-1 vs. Ryan Fournier 1-2
Terrance Hodges 2-7 vs. Alton Meeks 3-1
Maxim Kolosov 11-4-1 vs. Egor Blashkevich debut
Samuel Lemin debut vs. Ryan Shough 1-2
Tyler Johnson 1-0 vs. Kevin Childs 1-1

I'm back, covid finally resolving means we finally got new fighters, a new crop, so i guess there is enough mma for me to do the weeklies again.

Yorgan De Castro 8-3 vs. Junior dos Santos 21-9
Brian Mengeli 1-0 vs. Victor de Paula 5-2
Mark Currier 0-1 vs. Ryan Fournier 1-2
Terrance Hodges 2-7 vs. Alton Meeks 3-1
Maxim Kolosov 11-4-1 vs. Egor Blashkevich debut
Samuel Lemin debut vs. Ryan Shough 1-2
Tyler Johnson 1-0 vs. Kevin Childs 1-1

I'm back, covid finally resolving means we finally got new fighters, a new crop, so i guess there is enough mma for me to do the weeklies again.

Welcome back! I’m looking forward to seeing your posts again.

Last edited:

Very interesting cat. Like I said, never heard of him and I'm usually in the frame with up and comers. Certainly seems a ridiculously marketable guy if he can go 5-0 say

Seems to have the tools, teammates and look to be poached by a big organisation. I'd like to think ufc but Bellator are fantastic at pickup these 1-0 pros who have wrestling backgrounds because they can feed him 1-0 guys for 3-4 fights then give him a 4-2 guy.
https://www.tapology.com/fightcenter/fighters/178465-ben-tynan
<30>

That is a very impressive amateur record. Definitely a Canadian prospect to keep an eye on.

computer failures, last week

Islambek Ashiraliev 1-2 vs. Nurbek Zhuraev 0-0 no results
Guldastshokh Nurmukhammad defeats Asif Rustamov via KO/TKO at 1:59 of Round 2 both fighters first pro fights
Ricardo Prasel 12-3 defeats Daniel Omielańczuk 23-12-1 via Submission at 1:38 of Round 1
Marek Samociuk 3-2 defeats Izuagbe Ugonoh 1-1 via KO/TKO at 3:38 of Round 1
Mariusz Pudzianowski 16-7 defeats Michał Materla 31-8 via KO/TKO at 1:47 of Round 1
Rob Lee 2-0-1 vs. Cody Sons 6-13 no results
Alec Williams debut vs. Larry Gonzales 0-1 both fighters fought Am. and only larry has fought in last 2 years, the one loss 5 months ago no results
Jared Conn debut vs. Jawaski Bethly 0-5 Jared Con gave harry honeysucker his first AM win 12 years ago, then came back and got 1st round ko'd 10 years later, last year got round 1 ko'd in both boxing and kickboxing. no results
Cody Beck debut vs. Braxton Smith 0-1 Cody has Am record and smith was KO'd be debuting chase sherman 8 years ago no results
Ian Allston debut defeats David Ciuclea 1-0 via KO/TKO at 2:47 of Round 1
Chris Larsen 6-2 defeats Grayson Wells 5-4 via KO/TKO at 0:37 of Round 1 larsen's last loss was to man on contender series, first was avenged, might be too old to break out of 'berta
Markus Halkosaari 5-7 vs. Toni Valtonen 30-17 no results
Maxime Fondop 2-0 defeats Anthony Sarais 1-0 via KO/TKO at 0:35 of Round 1
Mario Piazzon 2-0 vs. Bruno Farias 3-1 no results\

this weekend
Marcus Buchecha 2-0 vs. Simon Carson 2-1 ONE finally filling a division
Odie Delaney 3-0 vs. Mehdi Barghi 4-3 about time
Duke Didier 8-1 vs. Zhasur Mirzamukhamedov 5-0 seems pretty easy work for the big Canadian down the line
Marcin Kalata 2-3 vs. Damian Bujkowski 2-1
Marcin Kalata 2-3 vs. Fatih Aktas 6-9 rumored, since kalata is already fighting the pole, I guess the nice man from turkey might get leftovers
Robert Cyrwus 0-0 vs. Grzegorz Smoliński 0-2
Daiqwon Buckley 2-0 vs. Dai'kwon Fuse debut, undefeated AM
Ben Tynan 1-0 vs. Trevor Wallace 4-1 Tyann went 8-0 in AM
Sholto Luiters 1-0 vs. Nico Yamdjie 3-7
Janos Csukas 5-0 vs. Mathieu Grondin 4-2 [216 lb?]
Jerome LeBanner 5-3 vs. Ivan Vičić 12-22 yes that lebanner, he is almost 50, one of vicic's losses was overturned on sherdog and commission, this is tapolgies record
Paul-Emmanuel Gnaze 3-1 vs. Javad Mahjoub debut, Mahjoub has a kickboxing KO win, is a multiple time Iranian and Asian champ in judo, now a refugee in canada
Marek Bujło 1-0 vs. Michał Dreczkowski debut, mixed AM record
Denis Załęcki vs. Mateusz Kubiszyn co debut, zalecki fought no rules mma for wotore, bare knuckle boxed, boxing and kickboxing with mixed results. Mateusz also dabbled in boxing, bareknuckle boxing and kickboxing but no grappling with worse results and a fight with a NC due to throat punch

Robert Orzechowski debut vs. Robert Burneika 2-1
Erick Lozano 13-20 vs. Jason Fish 5-4
Mike Meade vs. Pierre Patry co debut, Mead 4-0 AM barely fighting over nearly 10 years, Patry 2-2 AM over 1 one year period 6 years ago
Fredrick Gray debut vs. Brendan Battles 1-1 Gray lost a boxing match 2 years ago, that is it
Willie Tarpley 1-2 vs. James Crosby debut, won his only AM fight
Ricardo Evangelista 2-1 vs. Jose Evans 2-0, Evans was 7-1 in AM and only loss to a guy who went on to be a decent regional fighter with two trips to bellator and currently in bareknickle, and then returned to his career 6 years later

Last edited:
Good debut for Tynan. He needs to work on his defense, more head movement and footwork. He got tagged a few times and just kind of ate it, and while he got away with it this time, there's gonna be guys who will put you out in the big orgs. Other than that he looked great on the ground, did what he had to do and did it quick. I'd say a handful more fights and he'll be a star additional to any heavyweight roster.

Shamil Gaziev is scheduled to fight Kirill Kornilov at ARES 7 on June 25th

FUpEDnkXsAA_EOl

@Hellowhosthat This is a pretty dangerous fight for Kirill no? Unless the UFC asked him to take this match I can't see what he gets out of it other than potentially losing his 13-0 perfect record.

Amazing fight though no question, hope both guys make it to fight day.

FUpEDnkXsAA_EOl

@Hellowhosthat This is a pretty dangerous fight for Kirill no? Unless the UFC asked him to take this match I can't see what he gets out of it other than potentially losing his 13-0 perfect record.

Very dangerous fight against a multi time IMMAF champ, but maybe the type of fights a Russian has to take to get a hope of being signed nowadays.

FUpEDnkXsAA_EOl

Kornilov said in interview after his last fight that next fight is gonna be at Ares in June but after I looked at Tapology and card had like 12 or more fights I thought that his fight is not gonna happen or they would already announced it.

Very dangerous fight against a multi time IMMAF champ, but maybe the type of fights a Russian has to take to get a hope of being signed nowadays.

Shamil is still relatively unproven but stylistically it seems like a very favorable matchup for him.

Kirill is a technical striker, without much power, and not the kind of footwork you'd expect out of a GLORY kickboxer. He has also been taken down by significantly smaller fighters than Shamil.

Kornilov said in interview after his last fight that next fight is gonna be at Ares in June but after I looked at Tapology and card had like 12 or more fights I thought that his fight is not gonna happen or they would already announced it.

Did he give a reason? Unless the UFC asked for this matchup it seems like a high risk low reward fight.

Sergey Bilostenniy would have been a much more appropriate opponent. The matchmaking seems off for this fight.

Shamil is still relatively unproven but stylistically it seems like a very favorable matchup for him.

Kirill is a technical striker, without much power, and not the kind of footwork you'd expect out of a GLORY kickboxer. He has also been taken down by significantly smaller fighters than Shamil.

Did he give a reason? Unless the UFC asked for this matchup it seems like a high risk low reward fight.

Sergey Bilostenniy would have been a much more appropriate opponent. The matchmaking seems off for this fight.

If I'm not mistaken Kornilov and Bilostenniy train together

If I'm not mistaken Kornilov and Bilostenniy train together

Kornilov, Maslov, and Bilostenniy train together and are managed by the same team. Obviously we have seen Bilostenniy struggle off his back and be taken down before but I don't think Shamil's game works quite as well when his opponent is constantly in motion and the power coming back at him is too substantial to take clean.

That's why Bilostenniy/Gaziev would have been the fight to make in my opinion. Gaziev's team probably requested Kornilov though so it isn't much of a surprise, its a great matchup for their guy.

Kornilov, Maslov, and Bilostenniy train together and are managed by the same team. Obviously we have seen Bilostenniy struggle off his back and be taken down before but I don't think Shamil's game works quite as well when his opponent is constantly in motion and the power coming back at him is too substantial to take clean.

That's why Bilostenniy/Gaziev would have been the fight to make in my opinion. Gaziev's team probably requested Kornilov though so it isn't much of a surprise, its a great matchup for their guy.

Ah I'm with you. Sergei probably isn't quite physically ready yet, his last fight was very tough whereas Kornilov had a comfortable win.

Aziz Nurillaev debut vs. Egor Blashkevich 0-1
Sultan Murtazaliev 8-5-1 vs. Albert Nasugaev 3-0
Maciej Smokowski 0-2 vs. Ariel Wittek 1-0
Armando Murillo 4-3 Jr. vs. Elijah Harris 3-1
Zhonibek Namozov 0-1 vs. Zakhar Ryabov 1-2
Jeff Soivilien vs. Max Lombardo dual debut, both have mixed Am records
Torrez Finney 1-0 vs. Jake Zogg 1-12 Finney was 5-0 in Am, Zogg is finished in his last 8 fights in the first round
Shaun Asher 13-5-1 vs. Jaquis Williams 7-11
Anthony Coleman 4-5 vs. Lawrence Bonds 4-2

sad week really.

I don’t think UFC involved in any way with that.
People here thinks based on hints given by Bilostenniy in his interview that he is signed with Bellator.

According to Russian media, Vitaly Minakov revealed at podcast of Gregoriy Drozd that he would like to fight Sergei Kharitonov and retire after that.

Ivan Vitasović 9-5-1 vs. Oli Thompson 21-14
Satoshi Ishii 25-13-1 vs. Charlie Milner 7-2
Vlado Neferanović 6-7 vs. Vladimir Filipović 10-2
Milenko Stamatović 1-0 vs. Matija Vukovic debut
Alexander Podmarev 14-4 vs. Denis Cherkasov 5-3
Adnan Alić 13-30 vs. Slavoljuv Petrovich 0-4
Filip Stawowy 9-2 vs. Michal Martínek 9-3
Artur Szpilka debut vs. Serhiy Radchenko 2-1
Sławomir Rawiński 3-2 vs. Dariusz Sierhej 1-1
Marcin Polita 0-1 vs. Jakub Dobek debut
Stanislav Romanov 2-8 vs. Arif Krasniqi 3-2
Ibrahima Sene 0-0 vs. Salim El Ouassaidi 2-1 Sene undefeated Am
Jürgen Dolch 4-18 vs. Mohamed El Bouchaibi debut jurgen is 45, posing with three belts in his tapology, is 1-3-1 in boxing, idk
Fabricio Almeida 0-8-1 vs. Marcelo Tenorio 5-8

Ivan Vitasović 9-5-1 vs. Oli Thompson 21-14
Satoshi Ishii 25-13-1 vs. Charlie Milner 7-2
Vlado Neferanović 6-7 vs. Vladimir Filipović 10-2
Milenko Stamatović 1-0 vs. Matija Vukovic debut
Alexander Podmarev 14-4 vs. Denis Cherkasov 5-3
Adnan Alić 13-30 vs. Slavoljuv Petrovich 0-4
Filip Stawowy 9-2 vs. Michal Martínek 9-3
Artur Szpilka debut vs. Serhiy Radchenko 2-1
Sławomir Rawiński 3-2 vs. Dariusz Sierhej 1-1
Marcin Polita 0-1 vs. Jakub Dobek debut
Stanislav Romanov 2-8 vs. Arif Krasniqi 3-2
Ibrahima Sene 0-0 vs. Salim El Ouassaidi 2-1 Sene undefeated Am
Jürgen Dolch 4-18 vs. Mohamed El Bouchaibi debut jurgen is 45, posing with three belts in his tapology, is 1-3-1 in boxing, idk
Fabricio Almeida 0-8-1 vs. Marcelo Tenorio 5-8

Shocking stuff.

Back