Unsigned Heavyweights - Thread Four

Yeah it's a weird pair of signings but hey, the more bodies the better at HW. Boser probably TKO's him once Lemos gasses in about 4mins.

Surprised they signed Boser at this point instead of earlier on in his career before taking so many losses. He’ll be entertaining at least.

results pending
Jordan Powell 10-7 vs. Jamelle Jones 8-5

Tony Mustard 9-5 vs. Mindaugas Gerve 4-2
Paul Elliott 3-0 vs. Jan Lysak 2-13
Natalicio Filho 13-3 vs. Edson Pereira 0-0 (edson is 46... bellator?)
Gilson Cardoso 6-11 vs. Eduardo Vieira 1-0
Cihan Kaplan 0-0 vs. Bekkhan Ezerkhanov 5-1
Edinaldo Novaes 9-6 vs. Thiago Buarque 11-14
Danilo Suzart 4-0 vs. Bruno Leonardo 2-1
Dontale Mayes 6-2 vs. Ricardo Prasel 10-1
Chris Johnson 3-8 vs. Onosai Moana 5-7-1

very few true HWs fighting unless these guys are hunt/cormier wide

Anyone have a breakdown for Ricardo Prasel vs Dontale Mayes? From what I remember Prasel is mainly a submission guy, Mayes is a bit more well rounded. How do you guys see it going?

Anyone have a breakdown for Ricardo Prasel vs Dontale Mayes? From what I remember Prasel is mainly a submission guy, Mayes is a bit more well rounded. How do you guys see it going?

Outside of a crazy submission, I can’t see Prasel winning. Don’Tale will likely get a KO as long as he opens up on the feet. Don’Tale also has good takedown defense, so I doubt Prasel will have an easy time getting him where he wants him.

can't believe UFC signed Boser and Lemos, both are just horrible.. and with Boser we know what we're getting, and it's not fun.
if you're going after undevelopped talent, shit, then should've signed Ali Isaev, Anatoliy Malykhin or Rizvan Kuniev - not a brazilian muscle fuckboy with no grappling whatsoever

also disappointed with UFC not going after Alexander Romanov, and specially Denis Goltsov, who embarrassed Jared Rosholt in his PFL debut.

can't believe UFC signed Boser and Lemos, both are just horrible.. and with Boser we know what we're getting, and it's not fun.
if you're going after undevelopped talent, shit, then should've signed Ali Isaev, Anatoliy Malykhin or Rizvan Kuniev - not a brazilian muscle fuckboy with no grappling whatsoever

also disappointed with UFC not going after Alexander Romanov, and specially Denis Goltsov, who embarrassed Jared Rosholt in his PFL debut.

Its a weird pair of signings, yeah. Neither will last long. Boser 1-2, Lemos 0-2, I reckon. Then cut.

Don'Tale Mayes is in the big show with a thunderous KO of Prasel in the 1st round on DWTNCS. Prasel's kicks looked good and he looked really big as well, he might stil have a future himself.

Prasel gassed inside 2 minutes, against legit competition takedowns just aren't there for him and on the feet he is awful, nothing but telegraphed low kicks with no set up, terrible hand work and very slow. Would be surprised to see him again in either UFC or DWTNCS, at least for a good amount of time.

Mayes on the other hand looked good, props to him.

Unrelated, but I still find myself befuddled by Phil De Fries' late career resurgence. He should finish Grabowski and, I can't believe I'm saying this, the UFC should look into bringing him back. Don't think they will though.

Could also go to Bellator instead for their UK shows.

Odell Pantin 0-1 vs. Brandon Hebert 1-1
Marquis Allen 1-3 vs. Justin Richwine 0-1
Kaleb Raymond 1-1 vs. Brad Schott 2-4
Rasheed Sinclair 1-1 vs. Jermaine Barnes 2-2

nothing

Looks like 3-0 Justin Tafa was signed by the ufc and is fighting 5-0 Yorgan de Castro at UFC 243. More Polynesian heavyweights is always fun imo.

Looks like 3-0 Justin Tafa was signed by the ufc and is fighting 5-0 Yorgan de Castro at UFC 243. More Polynesian heavyweights is always fun imo.

Yeah, fun fight between rookies hopefully.
Weirdly, I've seen this listed as 205lbs somewhere, and 265lbs elsewhere. Anyone have any clarity on this?

Austen Lane 6-2 > Cameron Graham 2-1

Tonight at Combat Night FL
I was at the show live

Yeah, fun fight between rookies hopefully.
Weirdly, I've seen this listed as 205lbs somewhere, and 265lbs elsewhere. Anyone have any clarity on this?

I would guess it's at heavyweight, De Castro moved up from light heavyweight so maybe that's why some are listing it at light heavyweight. Tafa looks like a big guy, I doubt he would want to cut weight.

Well, isn't Isaev and Goltsov can win a million in PFL in what, 5 fights (for each one of which they will be gotten paid)? I don't think UFC offered them more than that for a 5 fights in what, 7 months?
I might be wrong, but I think it was Malykhin who said that in his plans sigining with UFC is in 2020.

Charles Brown 3-4 vs. Cody Collin 2-1
Greg Rebello 24-9 vs. Kevin Haley 6-5
Luis Delgadillo 3-1 vs. Luis Lacayo II 2-3 (235)
Martin Buday 6-1 vs. Daniel Dittrich 5-3
Viktor Pešta 14-5 vs. Mike Kyle 23-17-1 (212)
Luid Lima 4-1 vs. João Zaiden 7-1
Wallyson Carvalho 8-5 vs. Elton Cruz 2-2
Andre Fernandes 2-0 vs. Michel Oliveira 0-0
Ramis Teregulov 14-5-1 vs. Szymon Bajor 18-8
Rustam Gubzhokov 0-0 vs. Abylkasim Yakubov 5-7
Michal Martínek 7-0 vs. Rodrigo Nascimento 6-0 (how the hell did Nascimento get to DWCS)

Charles Brown 3-4 vs. Cody Collin 2-1
Greg Rebello 24-9 vs. Kevin Haley 6-5
Luis Delgadillo 3-1 vs. Luis Lacayo II 2-3 (235)
Martin Buday 6-1 vs. Daniel Dittrich 5-3
Viktor Pešta 14-5 vs. Mike Kyle 23-17-1 (212)
Luid Lima 4-1 vs. João Zaiden 7-1
Wallyson Carvalho 8-5 vs. Elton Cruz 2-2
Andre Fernandes 2-0 vs. Michel Oliveira 0-0
Ramis Teregulov 14-5-1 vs. Szymon Bajor 18-8
Rustam Gubzhokov 0-0 vs. Abylkasim Yakubov 5-7
Michal Martínek 7-0 vs. Rodrigo Nascimento 6-0 (how the hell did Nascimento get to DWCS)

Is he bad, then?
Thing is, as much as I love DWCS, they are big on squash matches. If there's a guy/girl they REALLY like, you often see that person is mismatched with someone that doesnt belong there. Off the top of my head, Kennedy Nzechukwu (LHW) got paired with some absolute amateur from Alaska who was like 5-1 but clearly had never fought anyone with a winning record. He was there to get kicked into oblivion so Kennedy could get signed and some exposure.

Seems like Martinek might be someone they want to win comfortably.

………...speak of the Devil, and he will use illegal PEDs.

Giacomo Lemos has popped, apparently. Tanner Boser is scratched from UFC 240 and moved elsewhere, Lemos won't be coming back if Carlos Felipe is anything to go by.

………...speak of the Devil, and he will use illegal PEDs.

Giacomo Lemos has popped, apparently. Tanner Boser is scratched from UFC 240 and moved elsewhere, Lemos won't be coming back if Carlos Felipe is anything to go by.

UFC so desperate for HWs they actually resigned Felipe so lemos has a chance lol.

Back