UPDATE: St. Louis DA to charge couple. Old white couple point guns at protesters

What happens when a protestor pulls out their gun and points it at the home owner in self defense? You have a gun on me, I have a gun on you, both parties believing they are doing so in self defense. Do we then wait to see which party fires first? Because then the argument will go to which party perceived the other to be more of a threat and then we start having shootouts. Yippie.

I get your point but they didn't have an excuse for their behavior. That's why they needed a pardon. I think everyone should be armed all the time. That doesn't mean dipshits should think they can arm themselves and head out to handle any situation.

They were never going to win that case. Look at the way the media and politicians run defense for all of the damage the protesters did last year. Look at the hundreds of dropped charges against those BLM/Antifa protesters despite everything they did. They can do no wrong and you are fucked if you try defending yourself against them.

The McCloskey's had every reason to be afraid for their lives and their property and to defend them using their weapons. Now, would I have gone outside? No. But if they really felt that their home was in danger, who are we to judge their response? I get what you're saying as well I just don't think we can find common ground on a conclusion. I respect where you're coming from though.

Simple question:

Does everything you wrote in the quoted apply to the coup attempt on January 6?

"Walking by" you mean? I'm not sure what you're asking and I have no idea what Jan. 6th has to do with this.

ah, no. Pushing through a flimsy gate is not even remotely close to forcing their way into the capital by attacking and crushing officers against the door.
I’m terms of fearing for your life. The mob in St Louis was armed and threatening and they were alone.

The gate was broken. There are photos. There was also a sign clearly stating that a private street started behind the gate.

You're attributing intention to a crowd that you know nothing about, and also expecting the McClusky's to do the same. Nobody knows the intention of a trespasser until it's too late. There are people who have broken into homes, raped the whole family, tied them up, and burned them alive. You don't give strangers the benefit of the doubt when they enter your property.

You just simply don't know the intentions of people. Especially a group of angry people that have forced their way onto your clearly marked private property. Any reasonable person with a pair of balls would grab a weapon and posture up to protect themselves, their family, and their property.
The gate was not broken initially. There's video of the protesters walking through the open gate. I'm not atttibuting intention you are. The crowd was on the sidewalk, not on their property, and didn't stop to argue in front of the house until they came out with firearms. I also recall there being some question as to the validity of that being a lawfully private street. Historically in those neighborhoods affluent whites would set up barriers to keep blacks out. I forgot the legal term but the McCluskey's were also in the process of trying to claim what was always public property outside their home as their own by virtue of living there for so many years.

Haha. Spoken like an individual that lacks a spine or moral integrity. Believe it or not, there are still men in society who don't take kindly to those who illegally enter private property, commit criminal trespass, and become belligerent when lawfully asked to leave.

I'm sure that very idea is shocking for someone such as yourself. I'm guessing that you aren't a homeowner and probably aren't comfortable with confrontation.
Maybe he just isn't comfortable with breaking the law and needing a pardon from the Governor?

Yeah...it's not like any burning/looting/assaults were going on around that time, in conjuct with peaceful protests. Oh, wait...
Hey just look at your security cameras, or take a peek out the window, are people coming onto your property or are they walking by? It should make a big difference whether you go arm yourself or just call the cops.

You're talking to a lib that regularly does mental gymnastics to try and make their opinion work within the frame of the subject at hand. He or she is incapable of logical thinking, they're too busy trying to clean up the mess that their bleeding heart leaves since they wear it on their sleeve.

Langford Barrow's thought process is: Liberals Good. Criminal trespass good because liberals did it. Conversely, if criminal trespassing libs are good, then homeowners in defense of home must be bad.

Yeah, I'm done arguing with him. He just tried to tell me that their private road was not a private raod - rather a sidewalk - because at some point in history blacks were segregated in that community. Wow.

I’m terms of fearing for your life. The mob in St Louis was armed and threatening and they were alone.

so those people were at as much risk as the officers at the capital

so those people were at as much risk as the officers at the capital
Much greater risk. The people at the capital didn’t have a history of violence

Much greater risk. The people at the capital didn’t have a history of violence

you’re insane. I have long said that the response wasn’t the same because the far right weren’t known to be violent in protests prior to the weeks leading up to that when the proud fucks started their shit, but the crowd on the sixth was way more violent than the blm protest that broke a gate

I'm glad they got a pardon. I would have been scared shitless too if there was an angry mob breaking down my gate and entering onto my property. Not that they were totally in the right here, but you have to stand up for yourself.

People need to learn that protesting is fine but rioting is inexcusable. Doesn't matter how angry you are, you don't get to just go out and destroy shit with impunity. If the local government and police aren't going to enforce this, maybe it will take legal gun owners defending themselves to get it through people's heads.

you’re insane. I have long said that the response wasn’t the same because the far right weren’t known to be violent in protests prior to the weeks leading up to that when the proud fucks started their shit, but the crowd on the sixth was way more violent than the blm protest that broke a gate
Maybe that BLM group and the man had an armed AR 15 which typically stops criminals. Apparently you weren’t aware there were Antifa, known instigators and others that walked into the capitol that day. If Jan 6th was really that violent and scary why was there virtually minimal damage and violence? $3B in BLM damages and counting…

Maybe that BLM group and the man had an armed AR 15 which typically stops criminals. Apparently you weren’t aware there were Antifa, known instigators and others that walked into the capitol that day. If Jan 6th was really that violent and scary why was there virtually minimal damage and violence? $3B in BLM damages and counting…

I fucking hate blm and anqueefa. Fucking hate them. But I also hate the seditious fucks from the sixth and their theories that could not sound more stupid than if they were written by a retarded armadillo. Bunch of butt hurt bitches that think the election was stolen because how could anyone vote against their king retard? And yep, antifa is violent. Yep, blm can be violent-but aside from a gate, that group was not violent but the assclowns at the capital were. Keep painting these people to be heroes for fending off the horrible black horde. They’re fucking nutbags and seem like really terrible people. Again, cori bush was leading that blm mob and I hate her and everything she stands for, but they weren’t violent

I fucking hate blm and anqueefa. Fucking hate them. But I also hate the seditious fucks from the sixth and their theories that could not sound more stupid than if they were written by a retarded armadillo. Bunch of butt hurt bitches that think the election was stolen because how could anyone vote against their king retard? And yep, antifa is violent. Yep, blm can be violent-but aside from a gate, that group was not violent but the assclowns at the capital were. Keep painting these people to be heroes for fending off the horrible black horde. They’re fucking nutbags and seem like really terrible people. Again, cori bush was leading that blm mob and I hate her and everything she stands for, but they weren’t violent
I’ve never painted those fucking idiots as heroes. I’m simply saying the left is making it sound 100x worse than it was contrasted with them downplaying the past 6 years of shit they incited across the country.

But tbh that’s like me saying I armed myself with an AR, locked, loaded and pointed while I went to a bank so I don’t get shot when and if someone robs the bank.

sure, if it was your own private bank. and you know, with people breaking in...

I like how the thread hasn't been updated with the latest news for days.

Hey just look at your security cameras, or take a peek out the window, are people coming onto your property or are they walking by? It should make a big difference whether you go arm yourself or just call the cops.
Meh, I'm not saying what they did was wise; I'm saying it's understandable why they behaved like they did, when context is considered. And it certainly doesn't warrant criminal charges.

Back