Law UPDATE w/ DEADLINE Biden to Unveil Vaccine Mandate For Federal Workforce

70% vaccinated in my state. Highest infection rates of the pandemic right now as well.
What are the rest of the stats? Are those infected vaccinated? Are the unvaccinated social distancing?

What are the rest of the stats? Are those infected vaccinated? Are the unvaccinated social distancing?
Masks indoors. I don't know about the rest. Just seems weird we're at 70% vaxxed and have more people getting infected daily than ever.

I have a coworker who was fully vaxxed and got covid. Mild case but still.

Masks indoors. I don't know about the rest. Just seems weird we're at 70% vaxxed and have more people getting infected daily than ever.

I have a coworker who was fully vaxxed and got covid. Mild case but still.
A mild case is exactly what the vaccines are for. Who knows what the reasons are but that doesn't mean vaccines are ineffective.

Looking at all the states vaccination rates, lots are below 50% or just above it for those eligible. If this mandate actually goes through the amount of employees big businesses are going to lose cause of this is going to be mind boggling. Especially in general labour.

Besides a slight uptick in vaccinations I really don’t see what this accomplishes besides bankrupting many giant companies which in turn will leave vaccinated employees without a job. You can’t run a business when you lose 30% of your staff..

“hey Jim, I know you’re against the vaccines but in order for you to keep your minimum wage job here you have to be vaccinated”

Jim - “later..
A lot of hospital workers are refusing to get the vaccine because they know what is really going on. Which in turn is resulting in them being terminated. This isn't going to end well.

They could have helped wipe out covid how? Masks and quarantines hampered that how?

Kids would have got it spread it and developed a immunity to it. If not wipe it out COVID-19 would turn into something the equivalent of the common cold.

It means they are ineffective at stopping spread, which is why I am pro vaccine mostly, but oppose forcing people to get it.
It does stop, or helps prevent, hospitalizations though. Why should we allow the unvaccinated to continue to drag down our economy?

The economy is fucked until we build an immunity to this disease, which the vaccine doesn't seem to accomplish.
58,440 hospitalizations due to vaccine side effects were reported through September, 3.

https://openvaers.com/covid-data/hospitalizations
Can't be serious... Allow? Our economy? Come on man...
Why should we allow obese people to?
And drug overdoses and fatties with heart attacks, right?
My post was poorly worded. I don't think people should be forced to get the vaccine but I don't see a problem with opening up arenas and other places for the vaccinated.

Is natural immunity better than the vaccines? There aren't any cases of reinfention or transmission from the unvaccinated that have had covid already? If you're vaccinated and get sick, does that preclude your body from developing natural immunity, while still reducing the severity of your symptoms? Is it just a coincidence that you guys that are complaining are conservatives that supported Trump?

I'm all for heavily taxing processed foods the way tobacco is. We should outright ban them, especially sugar, but then all the fatties would burn down our cities and claim we're infringing on their freedom while eating twice as much. Imagine having both the left and right fringe going crazy at the same time.
<6>

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2021/0...variant-vaccine#biden-vaccine-federal-workers

This is wild. I'm a vaccinated federal employee but the vast majority of my co-workers are conservative and do not want to take the vaccine. Some are threatening to retire, quite, or use "religious exemptions" to preclude them from being disciplined.

I predict some serious fallout (and job openings if anyone is looking to get on the federal gravy train). My agency already has staffing issues and losing more people is going to exacerbate things.

On the plus side, I'll be holding on to my Moderna stock.

wife works for army corps of engineers

theyre all retiring early

The left now: Eh, OB care is a money loser. Who cares if hospitals don't have maternity wards anymore?[/QUOTE

LOL! How is pointing out facts an opinion of the "left" (me)?

Oh yeah, you don't know shit about healthcare. :)

Never heard of Lewis County, despite being a New Yorker. But I had a hunch. Went here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_United_States_presidential_election_in_New_York#By_county

Yep, not a shocker.

I'll spell it out for you guys. It's an extremely small county in upstate Bumblefuck NY with a population of only 27,000. Out of the 62 counties in New York state, they won the silver medal in terms of Trump support. 68.7% voted for Trump.

In conclusion, we're not dealing with a bright group of people.
It's also not shocking that it's nurses and technicians doing this around the world, not the actual doctors lol. You know, the ones with the expertise.

Back