Urban Legends of Professional Wrestling Thread

I could not read them all. I did browse down the list.

Bruce Hart Sleeping with Andrea when he was a sub and she was 15 is true enough. that one was simple to verify given her date of birth and the age of their first kid. That and he admits it, albeit sugar coated in his own book. He would be lynched today for it.

I was looking for Tonga/Haku/Meng stories. Some of the stories about him are crazy. The only thing for certain is, every damn wrestler who ever met him claimed he was the most dangerous guy they would never tangle with. Even Scott Steiner who is a legit tough guy and usually claims he could beat anyone went stone faced during an interview and said "Tonga and it is not even close" when asked who he would not fuck with. Only time I have ever seen Steiner back down his claims

But literally, fucking every wrestler will swear Tonga is the one SOB they won't fuck with

I could not read them all. I did browse down the list.

Bruce Hart Sleeping with Andrea when he was a sub and she was 15 is true enough. that one was simple to verify given her date of birth and the age of their first kid. That and he admits it, albeit sugar coated in his own book. He would be lynched today for it.

I was looking for Tonga/Haku/Meng stories. Some of the stories about him are crazy. The only thing for certain is, every damn wrestler who ever met him claimed he was the most dangerous guy they would never tangle with. Even Scott Steiner who is a legit tough guy and usually claims he could beat anyone went stone faced during an interview and said "Tonga and it is not even close" when asked who he would not fuck with. Only time I have ever seen Steiner back down his claims

But literally, fucking every wrestler will swear Tonga is the one SOB they won't fuck with
you got the video of Steiner saying that. I would like to see that.

There's a couple of good threads out there... @GSPSAKU is the man with the best info on these pages... There's link to his best stuff in the "Rock Buys Haku A Truck" thread...

This is an awesome thread... Goddamn it wrestlers are ridiculously gay.

So... At least 4 guys from ECW have killed someone... I got New Jack with 2 bodies, but that's it... Who else is there? Loads if potential tbh... I know Scott Hall shot a dudeninnthe head with the guys own gun outside a strip club in a row over a stripper (what a pointless way to go out), but that's all I know... Snuka too come to think of it.

Why actually happened with the Superfly/Girlfriend thing?

Stephanie McMahon... I believe everything except that Austin took it. The limo thing for sure - just seems like a rich bitch slut thing to do and if thr shoe fits...

that Seth Rollins gay wrestling vid is at least legit

Even if most of these aren't true they're still fun to read.

Pretty sure the Bradshaw hazing is true. I've read a lot of books written by wrestlers who mentioned it.

My favorite is the Hulk Hogan black eye incident. He claims it was a jet ski accident, I still buy into the Macho Man punching him for messing with Elizabeth.

I wish there was footage of JBL getting ktfo by Joey Styles.

cherish these urban legends while you can. It's going to be a lost art. Your kids one day are going to read shit like this.

525. There's a rumor once that Xavior Wood swept John Cena in a brutal game of Mortal Kombat backstage, which also was happened to be witnessed by Sasha Banks, Bayley, and Nikk Bella. Allegedly, a unicorn horn and trumpet were used inappropriately.

526. Kevin Owens allegedly had heat with Sabrina the Teenage Witch, which resulted with Owens promptly blocking her on Twitter. Witnesses close to Owns describe the twitter ignore as "brutal". take that for what it's worth..

you got the video of Steiner saying that. I would like to see that.
Ill have a look for it later. It was a random shoot interview and merely one thing that came up out of dozens and it was years ago that I saw it.

cherish these urban legends while you can. It's going to be a lost art. Your kids one day are going to read shit like this.

525. There's a rumor once that Xavior Wood swept John Cena in a brutal game of Mortal Kombat backstage, which also was happened to be witnessed by Sasha Banks, Bayley, and Nikk Bella. Allegedly, a unicorn horn and trumpet were used inappropriately.

526. Kevin Owens allegedly had heat with Sabrina the Teenage Witch, which resulted with Owens promptly blocking her on Twitter. Witnesses close to Owns describe the twitter ignore as "brutal". take that for what it's worth..

It's so fucking true...

I actually prefer the PWD backstage stories to anything else from back in the day - these stories shit on anything an mma fighter not named Lee Murray/War Machine/Krazy Horse has done... And the state of the scene today - I just can't put myself through watching.

I miss coked up promos and psycho wrestlers... I wonder if it will ever go back to how it was.

It's so fucking true...

I actually prefer the PWD backstage stories to anything else from back in the day - these stories shit on anything an mma fighter not named Lee Murray/War Machine/Krazy Horse has done... And the state of the scene today - I just can't put myself through watching.

I miss coked up promos and psycho wrestlers... I wonder if it will ever go back to how it was.

It's over, brother. I'm just glad I got to experience it while it lasted. I'll never forget watching Randy Savage promos as a kid.

It's over, brother. I'm just glad I got to experience it while it lasted. I'll never forget watching Randy Savage promos as a kid.

Aye... It's over... We livening a day and age where groupies sign disclaimers before sleeping with musicians and piss tests at work... The entertainments of yesteryear are joyous memories - the best thing about the wrestling ones though, is that no matter how fucked up you remember people being, they were actually even worse!

Macho Man has to be the GOAT coke-promo guy, but Hogan, Warrior, Jake, and Perfect are also well up there... The Nasty Boys too - so sweaty and nasty looking with running noses and spit flying... Even Mean Gene was on the nose candy back then... Glorious. Just glorious.

Benoit really fucked it up for everybody, didn't he?

I miss the old days to, but you guys do realize the stuff they did cut like 20 years off their life expectancies? There's got to be a happy middle ground somewhere.

As soon as i read the topic i was thinking of that llong ass thread called "wrestling sleaze" on the DDT forums back in 2003...sure enough, most of these are from that exact same thread. True or false this is the best thing ive ever read on the internet.

Yea but atleast we wont be seeing wrestlers dying at such a young age.

Legends never die.

I hear you though... The dude that said "happy middle ground" is the voice of reason here.

On one side, yes, it's fucked up that every wrestler I had an action figure for as a kid is dead now apart from the Hulkster... But at the same time at least people will still be talking about them in years to come.

I kind of look at it on the same way as I do with musicians and music today... Back in the day sex, drugs, and rock and roll were all that mattered - music was a dynamic and creative force, which people rallied around and took to their hearts... The fact it's purveyors were a bunch of coked/drunken/doped up perverts with egos and attitudes, and violent lives didn't mean shit because the product was so awesome, as were the stories behind it....Now we gave a bunch of pretty boy fashionistas at the top, armed with Twitter accounts and mobile phone Vines we are stuck with One Direction and Taylor fucking Swift... It's plasticated, it's squeaky clean, and it's goddamned awful to listen to.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not so callous as to say they should be killing themselves willy nilly for fun... But I'm also an old schooler who parties hard myself... I guess it's a generation thing. I'm glad I came from mine.

Last edited:
Back