International US Drone Strike kills 6 children

this is absurd

Rand is like Liz Warren where every once in a while he completely crushes it, just enough for you to be extremely disappointed when he inevitably forgoes all of his "values" to shill for the Republicans, turning him into a big joke again.

Man, some cold people in here. This is a huge fuckup, we should hold the military accountable for those. Every dead civilian probably creates 2 new terrorists. Not to mention that we should have as many failsafes in place as possible on killing people from the sky. The more we regulate it over there the less we will have to worry about it being used on people in this country someday.

Man, some cold people in here. This is a huge fuckup, we should hold the military accountable for those. Every dead civilian probably creates 2 new terrorists. Not to mention that we should have as many failsafes in place as possible on killing people from the sky. The more we regulate it over there the less we will have to worry about it being used on people in this country someday.
I dont mean to be cold but weve been in a war for 20 years.
THE HUMAN COST:

American service members killed in Afghanistan through April: 2,448.

U.S. contractors: 3,846.

Afghan national military and police: 66,000.

Other allied service members, including from other NATO member states: 1,144.

Afghan civilians: 47,245.

Taliban and other opposition fighters: 51,191.

Aid workers: 444.

Journalists: 72.

It was a war and people are acting shocked that people died. I'm sure Obama or Trump would have done much better at pulling our troops out except....they didnt.

I dont mean to be cold but weve been in a war for 20 years.
THE HUMAN COST:

American service members killed in Afghanistan through April: 2,448.

U.S. contractors: 3,846.

Afghan national military and police: 66,000.

Other allied service members, including from other NATO member states: 1,144.

Afghan civilians: 47,245.

Taliban and other opposition fighters: 51,191.

Aid workers: 444.

Journalists: 72.

It was a war and people are acting shocked that people died. I'm sure Obama or Trump would have done much better at pulling our troops out except....they didnt.
Seems pretty nihilistic. What is the magic number that makes us hitting an Aid Worker and his family with a Hellfire missile and then claiming he was in ISIS irrelevant?

Meh. If Rand Paul was worth a shit he'd be celebrating that we finally got out of Afghanastan instead of complaining about the last few people that got killed before we left.

You are a piece of turd

ten-afghan-family-members-killed-in-us-drone-strike-on-isis-k-1432475745146843141.webp

Meh. If Rand Paul was worth a shit he'd be celebrating that we finally got out of Afghanastan instead of complaining about the last few people that got killed before we left.

What on earth makes you think you can't do both? Its like your boss telling you to be at work on time, so go speeding and kill a family of 5 in a hit-on-run on your way to work, and then when your boss is like the "wtf you are a maniac", you are like "wait, you aren't happy that I made it to work on time?"

Seems pretty nihilistic. What is the magic number that makes us hitting an Aid Worker and his family with a Hellfire missile and then claiming he was in ISIS irrelevant?
You are a piece of turd

ten-afghan-family-members-killed-in-us-drone-strike-on-isis-k-1432475745146843141.webp
It's a horrible tragedy. We had just been attacked. Someone thought this guy was a bad guy and they maybe made the wrong call. We could have just as easily been talking about hundreds dead from a car bomb. I just wont beleive that Biden ordered a random car be blown up so he would look tough.
We should be celebrating that an American president had the guys to get us out of that mess but instead the politicians and press are trying to milk the last few deaths for all they're worth.

What on earth makes you think you can't do both? Its like your boss telling you to be at work on time, so go speeding and kill a family of 5 in a hit-on-run on your way to work, and then when your boss is like the "wtf you are a maniac", you are like "wait, you aren't happy that I made it to work on time?"
Do you think the drone should have shot the guy in the leg?

Where the appropriate place to a shoot an aid engineer and his family delivering water to poor people?
I'm not even sure if it's been confirmed but if so it's a horrible tragedy. It seems like someone made a call between killing this guy or waiting to see what happened. It's a war zone. 47000 Afghan civilians died. The only reason these ones matter more than them is because people are sad that we pulled out or because they think they can get political points from it.

Independent investigations by The New York Times and The Washington Post are calling into question the U.S. military claims that its Aug. 29 drone strike in Kabul destroyed a car operated by an ISIS-K sympathizer, which allegedly contained explosives destined for the Kabul airport.

The U.S. Central Command initial statement described the strike as a "self-defense" operation that eliminated an "imminent ISIS-K threat" to the airport. "Significant secondary explosions from the vehicle indicated the presence of a substantial amount of explosive material." In a press conference Sept. 1, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Gen. Mark Milley called it a "righteous strike" that correctly followed procedures.

But the Times and Post investigations were unable to find evidence of any explosives in the car, which they say was driven by 43-year-old Zemari Ahmadi, an engineer working for the U.S. aid group Nutrition and Education International, which aims to eliminate malnutrition in Afghanistan. Family members told the Times that Ahmadi had applied for refugee resettlement in the United States.

Ahmadi was not the only person killed by the drone strike. Ahmadi's relatives told the Times that 10 members of their family were killed, including seven children.

Military officials had said the driver seemed to have loaded explosives into the car that day, but security camera footage obtained by the Times shows the alleged explosives were likely containers used to carry water home to his family. "I filled the containers myself, and helped him load them into the trunk," a guard told the Times.

The Times and Post analyses also called into question military assertions of "secondary explosions" in the courtyard. Times reporters could find no evidence of a second explosion at the scene. Experts pointed to the lack of collapsed walls or destroyed vegetation. "It seriously questions the credibility of the intelligence or technology utilized to determine this was a legitimate target," security consultant Chris Cobb-Smith told the Times.

Explosives experts told the Post that the damage was mostly caused by the Hellfire missile fired by the drone. If there was a secondary explosion, two experts said, it was likely caused by ignited fuel vapors.

"My theory is: The [Hellfire] explosives themselves ruptured the gas tank, released the vapor, and because of the fire that happened a short time afterward, it detonated and caused something that may have been explosion-like," said Ferenc Dalnoki-Veress, a professor at the Middlebury Institute of International Studies.

Steven Kwon, president of California-based Nutrition and Education International, told the Post that the white sedan belonged to the organization. After Ahmadi met at the NEI compound to discuss an emergency food aid program for displaced people, he spent the rest of the day running errands, Kwon said.

Kwon denied that NEI has any association with ISIS-K. "We're trying to help people," he told the Post. "Why would we have explosives to kill people?"

https://www.npr.org/2021/09/11/1036...eted-aid-worker-carrying-water-not-explosives

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/09/10/world/asia/us-air-strike-drone-kabul-afghanistan-isis.html

So Biden bungled getting out of Afghanistan so poorly he got nearly 100 Civilians/Soldiers killed and his response is to drone strike an aid worker and his family including 7 of his children while said aid worker was unloading water. The guy worked for a US Aid Group based out of California.

So this is the big bad ISIS member we got, huh? Imagine fucking up so badly you kill not only an innocent man, but a good man while he's doing good deeds and his family including 7 fucking kids. Biden needed a win so badly after repeatedly fucking up in Afghanistan that he killed a bunch of innocents and said it was ISIS that we got. Absolute clown show. RIP to the family, shame they got smeared by the press Worldwide, glad to see some press finally show some integrity.

This can be defined as a war crime yeah? Where's the tribunal?

Doesn't bode well for our plan for future drone strikes without proper intel either. Sad state.

I'm not even sure if it's been confirmed but if so it's a horrible tragedy. It seems like someone made a call between killing this guy or waiting to see what happened. It's a war zone. 47000 Afghan civilians died. The only reason these ones matter more than them is because people are sad that we pulled out or because they think they can get political points from it.

The only reason you don't care about this one is because you think your team might lose some political points. Whoever made the call on this drone strike should be brought before a tribunal and put in jail.

The only reason you don't care about this one is because you think your team might lose some political points. Whoever made the call on this drone strike should be brought before a tribunal and put in jail.
Nope. I dont care about the points. I call it like I see it. I'll call it to the left more than you because that's where my mind is but I dont care about Biden or the Dems at all. I didnt vote for him in the primary and I wouldnt have voted for him in the general if it wasn't for Trump.
What do you think about the other 47000 civilians that died? Tribunals?

Nope. I dont care about the points. I call it like I see it. I'll call it to the left more than you because that's where my mind is but I dont care about Biden or the Dems at all. I didnt vote for him in the primary and I wouldnt have voted for him in the general if it wasn't for Trump.

You obviously do because you are bringing up Biden. When what we should be doing is finding out who's actually responsible for this mass murder

We've been killing civilians and non-combatants for 20 years. This is no different.
I believe the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff calling it a "righteous strike" three days later drastically differentiates this instance.

Unless you can show us a previous instance where this happened?

You obviously do because you are bringing up Biden. When what we should be doing is finding out who's actually responsible for this mass murder
Why are these deaths more important than the other 47000 Afghan civilians who died if it's not political?

Yes. The number of civilians killed in the Afghan conflict is not acceptable. Drones are notorious for causing far more collateral damage than actual military target damage. Drone policy greatly needs to be revised.

Back