International US Drone Strike kills 6 children

While this is true, this one was a particularly big fuck up. It’s especially heinous because it was paraded around as a much needed “win” after ISIS killed 13 Marines that should’ve been better protected. I was telling my dad they were full of shit when they claimed to have killed a high level ISIS member responsible for the attack.

As someone who has extensive knowledge of intel operations in the Middle East and drone operations I knew that story was garbage. We were operating with almost no assets on the ground. All agents, SOF units, and Afghani nationals working with us were either pulled out or in hiding. How can they achieve such a quick strike without corroborated intelligence? It was difficult to get real actionable Intel quickly when we were operating at our peak over there.
Absolutely.

And the kicker is that if anyone who assisted in planning or facilitating that bombing are still alive, they appear to be getting off scott free.

Unless anyone's heard of revised plans to track them and destroy them? I certainly haven't.

I believe the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff calling it a "righteous strike" three days later drastically differentiates this instance.

Unless you can show us a previous instance where this happened?
Who ever even asked about all the other civilians who've died? Nobdy cares. People are just salty because we ended the war before we "won" .

I believe the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff calling it a "righteous strike" three days later drastically differentiates this instance.

Unless you can show us a previous instance where this happened?
Killing children is righteous? What if they were your children?

Has @MicroBrew showed back up to his crow yet? The US military has admitted this strike only killed civilians.
The only reason some of you are shedding crocodile tears here or patting yourselves on the back is because this was done under a Democrat administration. You wouldn't give a shit if it was Trump

And no, I am not apologizing to any of you in this case, so suck on it !

Why are these deaths more important than the other 47000 Afghan civilians who died if it's not political?

Because this is being splashed all over the media. And we have both Milley and Kirby on film lying about it.

Yes. The number of civilians killed in the Afghan conflict is not acceptable. Drones are notorious for causing far more collateral damage than actual military target damage. Drone policy greatly needs to be revised.

I say the big powers should all sign a pact to not use drones. It makes war and invasion far too easy.

I say the big powers should all sign a pact to not use drones. It makes war and invasion far too easy.

I agree. Robotic warefare is going to get worse too. The time to address it is now. We should have international laws in place limit the use of autonmous or remotely controlled aircraft, tanks, and infantry to survillance/rescue/non-combat roles only.

The only reason some of you are shedding crocodile tears here or patting yourselves on the back is because this was done under a Democrat administration. You wouldn't give a shit if it was Trump

You gotta start using common sense in here. Then you will not continually be called out when wrong. Stop thinking politics constantly and start using your brain.

And you know for a fact @Hadron90 and I would denounce this just as much if Trump were prez. Hell, I don't even blame Biden. I blame the fat buffoon Milley and Dumb Ass Kirby. Both lied multiple times in an attempt to cover this up.

I agree. Robotic warefare is going to get worse too. The time to address it is now. We should have international laws in place limit the use of autonmous or remotely controlled aircraft, tanks, and infantry to survillance/rescue/non-combat roles only.

We seriously should, and we should take the lead since well, we are the ones killing 10s of thousands.

My cousin worked at the drone program in NV, he hated it and said they offd more civilians than actual targets

Blowing up a family of 7 to own the Trumpers. Nice.

We seriously should, and we should take the lead since well, we are the ones killing 10s of thousands.

My cousin worked at the drone program in NV, he hated it and said they offd more civilians than actual targets

I'm pretty sure even official stats show they kill more civilieans than targets. And those stats are probably already heavily cooked. We never would have known this one wasn't an ISIS dude if NYT hadn't done the leg work.

So are you guys calling your representatives to apply pressure to introduce legislation to ban drones?

Maybe stage some protests?

65648b7bf21538082c0f6a7067001948-16_9.jpg

You’re a terrible person. Who cares if it’s Democrats or Republicans? It’s not like one party did better than the other one. I hope you don’t have children because you’d be a horrible role model.

I'm pretty sure even official stats show they kill more civilieans than targets. And those stats are probably already heavily cooked. We never would have known this one wasn't an ISIS dude if NYT hadn't done the leg work.

Yep, Milley and Kirby ran a disinformation campaign even though they knew the truth. And yes, it would have been a win for America if not uncovered.

And props to the NYT on this. This is what journalism is.

So are you guys calling your representatives to apply pressure to introduce legislation to ban drones?

Maybe stage some protests?

65648b7bf21538082c0f6a7067001948-16_9.jpg

Not sure they even can. They've pretty much handed over war powers to the prez

Nice idea, but it will never happen. For one thing, there is a lot of money in Drone/Robotic Warfare. Good luck getting the MIC to take their hands out of that candy jar. For another, there's far less political fallout in civilian collateral damage in a country most Yanks couldn't find on a map, than there is in American men and women coming back in body-bags.

If you doubt what I say, just look at all the retards on here, on both sides, trying to make political capital out of innocent children being turned into pink mist.

Robo warfare is next step in warfare, no way its being limited

My countrys military is looking into un manned fighter jets and i read something about usa looking into unmanned tanks

We will see how dystopian conflicts get in 30s and 40s

Back